• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

B-Dubs

Oh well, what the hell
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Probably but it’s also true that Charleston is changing rapidly and their gerrymander backfired pretty spectacularly in Lowcountry.
That whole state is just weird though, Dems need to build that bench practically from scratch.

Oct 25, 2017

Oh hey. Tim Ryan doing something other than giving Pelosi a hard time.
This sounds a LOT like Tim Ryan trying to save himself going forward lol
I think Cunningham's safer than my girl Kendra Horn, sadly.

He won on a "no offshore drilling" platform, and that district is affluent and educated.
Yeah, what would kill him is redistricting, he's not a doomed 1-termer. This is the exact type of district that flipped in NY, CA and elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I say Cunningham's safer than Horn, I wouldn't count OK-05 out.

It's an urban district that voted Democratic for governor by 9 points while the rest of the state voted GOP by 12. Trump will do worse there next year than he did in 2016 (53-40). It has the profile of a district moving toward us. It's just in Oklahoma.

Oct 25, 2017
Joe/Joe 2020
Well my claim to fame is I made Avenatti slightly upset with a dumb tweet I guess.

Overall sort of sounds like something I’ve been saying

Except with the added element if I was insane enough to legit believe I was the solution to the problem and now am bitter the public doesn’t want me to be their savior

Oct 26, 2017
-62% approval means (% approve - %disapprove = 62%). So like 20% approve and 80% disapprove.
I see, thanks.
But that's still massive though, right?
Like, if it's 20/80 a 62 points change would mean 51/49 for Trump.
It's not mathematically impossible, but it's still very very hard to imagine being true (again, assuming I understand what those numbers mean).

Oct 25, 2017
I see, thanks.
But that's still massive though, right?
Like, if it's 20/80 a 62 points change would mean 51/49 for Trump.
It's not mathematically impossible, but it's still very very hard to imagine being true (again, assuming I understand what those numbers mean).
It's not a 62 point shift, it's a 62 point spread. It says at the bottom that it's just approval - disapproval

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Smart home buyers don't want to go there even if they have the money. The last thing I want to deal with is an HOA ran by bored, self-important octogenarians that stop by my front yard every day with a ruler to make sure the grass height is in compliance.
My mom and I were down in Florida for a bit and just for the hell of it, we looked at some "gated communities". One had the perfect house for her. Then we saw the HOA fee. It was $10,000 a year because it had a golf course. She doesn't golf.

Oct 25, 2017
North Jackson High
Y’all keep saying this, and it’s tellikg the utter and complete lack of history that gets taught in America.

If you don’t think white people will give up their very very last in order to oppress others, then you haven’t been paying attention for the past 400 years.

LBJ has a quote about this attached to him for a reason.
Enough can change their minds to make a difference, like the Obama-Trump voters who were only Obama because they could see self-interest beyond racism.

Do you want those to be your marginal voters that decide victory? No, because as soon as you succeed in implementing policies to help them they'll turn on you, but in dark times, a win's a win.

Oct 25, 2017

For real, though. Centrists get the slightest taste of their own medicine I’m having intraparty enemies mess with their primaries and they become a bunch of wilting violets. This is how it’s supposed to be done - work out your differences in the primaries and present a united front for the election and governing. AOC’s not holding a grudge for the establishment support Crowley got in her primary, and centrists should be able to take it as well as give it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Steven Dennis @StevenTDennis

A Fox Outnumbered host just asked, twice, what if @AOC jumps into the 2020 race for president.

No one corrected her and noted she’s not old enough to run under the Constitution.
They can't intimidate and bully her and it freaks them out.

I'm Gen-X but fuck those planned McMansion communities. #DowntownBaby
I'm one too and can't stand them either. I want to live in a log cabin right in the middle of 50 acres of woods.

Oct 25, 2017
AOC can’t run. But I sort of have a feeling she’ll endorse someone right away and then tour the country campaigning with them so it’ll sort of be like she is running. I don’t see her holding back and dancing around like Obama (or warren; which tbh was a bad move on her part)

Also it’ll probably be Bernie

Oct 26, 2017

A U.S. Border Patrol agent has pleaded not guilty to charges of capital murder. Juan David Ortiz is accused of fatally shooting four women who were sex workers because he thought it was his duty to clean up the streets.