• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Something is really wrong with Lindsey graham. Like he got drunk on the response he got from yelling during the Kavanaugh hearings and can't stop

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Something is really wrong with Lindsey graham. Like he got drunk on the response he got from yelling during the Kavanaugh hearings and can't stop

They can reopen the government and stop getting shit on for the moment if he does the emergency shit.

Lindsay wants him to declare the emergency to stop further damage for Republicans. That's it.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, straight or gay, we dudes have a pretty shitty track record overall you gotta admit.
I'm against throwing an entire marginalized community under the bus because someone had bad dating experiences.

I think gay men who don't engage with their own privilege are a real problem and deserve criticism.

I also think we do ourselves a disservice as a community to shit on an entire group of people in the way that post did. We wouldn't allow it for lesbians, we wouldn't allow it for trans people, we wouldn't allow it for black people, we shouldn't allow it for gay men.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Can you guys tell me what the deal is with Tulsi Gabbard? I honestly don't know much about her and google's not telling me what you guys seem to know that's making you laugh at her.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
"mischief"

Fucking disgusting quislings.

Some asshole I know has, over the years, become a talking head on Fox News. And he is closeted and sleeps with guys while defending T***p. I decided to spill it all over his social media yesterday and got quickly blocked. Fuck him and fuck people like him.
Please don't weaponize outing people without their permission, no matter how reprehensible or hypocritical they may be. That's not your call to make.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys tell me what the deal is with Tulsi Gabbard? I honestly don't know much about her and google's not telling me what you guys seem to know that's making you laugh at her.
She's a pro-Assad bigot and a "centrist" (read: conservative that is a Democrat because Republicans don't win in Hawaii).

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
She's a horrible person in a safe blue seat with a history of homophobic, Islamophobic comments who only runs as a Democrat because Republicans can't win a chili cook-off in Hawaii.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't weaponize outing people without their permission, no matter how reprehensible or hypocritical they may be. That's not your call to make.
I don't agree. If someone is a private citizen, that's one thing. If someone is a politician or media figure advancing an anti-gay agenda it's an entirely other. In fact, it's a moral obligation to out those people.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017

The New York Times @nytimes

Inside the emboldened, if hardly unified, ranks of the LGBT right https://nyti.ms/2FoCUzw

NYT Magazine @NYTmag

A longtime gay conservative who served in Trump's presidential campaign says he's had men storm out of first dates with him, yell at him in bars and pour drinks on his head.

For gay conservatives, the Trump era is the best and worst of times. https://nyti.ms/2FoBIMy

NYT Magazine @NYTmag

Gay conservatives speak of their Republican party affiliation as a kind of public service. Many have insisted for decades that their presence in the GOP (their "place at the table," as some put it) has helped it evolve, however slowly, on LGBT rights https://nyti.ms/2D5oT8t

How I see it gay republicans didn't do crap to change anything in the party. The evangelicals are the ones that dictate the party's policy when it comes to social issues. If the Republicans had to choose with the 'gay right' and evangelicals they will choose the evangelicals everytime in a heartbeat.

Oct 27, 2017

You know, something about Lindsays abrupt turn to loving Trump can be explained a hundred ways. However, its stuff like this that almost has me thinking he wants Trump to do this stuff because he knows it will actually hurt him. Maybe his best friend McCain told him to get in Trumps good graces and sabotage him from within. Maybe Graham was a double agent all this time. I'm 99.9% sure Graham is not as noble as that, and just wants to keep his senate seat, but it would make a fascinating bit of history.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
White Democrats in the Northeast and Midwest seem to be far more willing to vote for Republicans than the other way around.

But, as mentioned above, where's the Democratic talent in those areas? Are they all activists or in small time political positions?

We had a nice field of canidates for the maryland Governor's seat and Ben Jealous came in and split it enough for him to win the majority and get the nomination but because he knows nothing about the state of Maryland he then preceded to fuck up the governors run because he displayed a horrendous lack of knowledge about Maryland culture and how it functions.

I still blame The Local DSA for smearing the Indian Michael Obama alum to drop her points in the race enough for Ben to be teh clear winner.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I hate to give Graham any credit about anything ever. BUT I think the reason why he's swerved so hard into the "Declare a National Emergency NOW" stance after trying to find some middle ground is because he sees it as the only way Trump will allow the Senate to vote to reopen the government. If he can get through the the worms in Trumps brain that he can steal the money he wants from the Army then maybe he'll just let Congress pass a bill without Wall funding.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

It's quite obviously political theatre, and I'm wondering why he feels the need to do it.

He must know that he has no influence on the president. Less than zero. Does he want to look like he's attached to this if Trump does indeed make this an emergency?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Logan Paul is trending because he's going to date men for a month, not because he's in jail, so that sucks.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite obviously political theatre, and I'm wondering why he feels the need to do it.

He must know that he has no influence on the president. Less than zero. Does he want to look like he's attached to this if Trump does indeed make this an emergency?

Lawrence O'Donnell thinks he's afraid of getting primaried?

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to give Graham any credit about anything ever. BUT I think the reason why he's swerved so hard into the "Declare a National Emergency NOW" stance after trying to find some middle ground is because he sees it as the only way Trump will allow the Senate to vote to reopen the government. If he can get through the the worms in Trumps brain that he can steal the money he wants from the Army then maybe he'll just let Congress pass a bill without Wall funding.
Pretty much. Republicans don't want this shutdown because it'll get bad for them the longer it goes, but they can't go against Trump because their primary opponent will bring it up in elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.