• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

Oct 25, 2017
WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

Oct 27, 2017
His seat was probably never in real jeopardy, and keeping it wouldn't have required he debase himself to this degree.

This is all about him trying to seize what he feels is an opportunity to be one of the chosen ones. To be on the inside for once in his life.

It would be pitiable if it weren't so destructive and harmful.
I do also wonder if its more about the spotlight than vying for a key position. He's always loved the attention and sharing the spotlight with the most prolific name in the world currently is certainly keeping cameras focused on his face and voice. Many are cowardly slinking away or mumbling talking points in fear, but Lindsey is embracing the con.

Either way, as you stated its all destructive and harmful. It's creating a dark feedback loop with his supporters that further depresses and distracts attention, focus, and general respect on what is important as well as what the country stands for.

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Rudolph W. Giuliani, a lawyer for the president, sought to play down the significance of the investigation. “The fact that it goes back a year and a half and nothing came of it that showed a breach of national security means they found nothing,” Mr. Giuliani said on Friday, though he acknowledged that he had no insight into the inquiry.
First time Rudy acknowledges he knows fuck all.

Oct 27, 2017
It is so depressing that we have to choose between the options of:

1. Our POTUS is a willing Russian asset looking to undermine the country.

or

2. Our POTUS is so stupid and narcissistic that he is unwittingly allowing himself to be played by Russia into undermining the country.

Yippeee!

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
It is so depressing that we have to choose between the options of:

1. Our POTUS is a willing Russian asset looking to undermine the country.

or

2. Our POTUS is so stupid and narcissistic that he is unwittingly allowing himself to be played by Russia into undermining the country.

Yippeee!
Its probably 2 but thats just as bad.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean like ive been saying, if your mission is to actually destroy the country from within Trump is doing a phenominal job with that right now. I mean after this mess who's gonna want a government job? Say hello to an additional brainsuck from the government.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was already reported? Maybe that was a different agency
I don't know if it was reported as a proper counter-intelligence investigation rather than shorthand for a criminal investigation involving Trump and Russians. It sounded familiar to me too, but the more I think about it the more this seems like a rather huge deal.

Oct 27, 2017
This is pure fucking insanity that he's still President. Intelligence agencies believes Trump is a literal foreign asset and he's still in the White House.