• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Final question from jeanine, holy shit what a turn of a phrase: "When are you getting out of the white house?"

(But talking about stretching his legs vs. being cooped up in the white house)

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Trump is now shouting into the phone at Jeanine Pirro that a family member of Michael Cohen should be investigated.

Yashar Ali @yashar

Trump adds that Michael Cohen’s father in law is the person people should look into. @JudgeJeanine asks what his name is and Trump says he doesn’t know.

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT​

@JudgeJeanine now working over @MichaelCohen212. "I was a client of his, you're supposed to have lawyer-client privilege, but it doesn't matter because I'm a very honest person," Trump says.​

Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Trump is now shouting into the phone at Jeanine Pirro that a family member of Michael Cohen should be investigated.

Yashar Ali @yashar

Trump adds that Michael Cohen’s father in law is the person people should look into. @JudgeJeanine asks what his name is and Trump says he doesn’t know.

@JudgeJeanine now working over @MichaelCohen212. "I was a client of his, you're supposed to have lawyer-client privilege, but it doesn't matter because I'm a very honest person," Trump says.​
Such a whiny ass pissbaby.

Oct 26, 2017
32 people running in 2020 for the dem primary? Is Trump on crack?
The RNC probably has an ops report for any Democrat that has ever had the words "president" and "I want" leave their lips in the last 6 months, similar to that small file they have on Gabbard.

Like with everything ever, he has misinterpreted the little he's bothered to read.

"Mr. President, I hope you get out of the White House."

Do you know what you are saying?

(Ok it's over)
She does. She's not slick.

Oct 25, 2017
It does feel like the other shoe is finally getting ready to drop and I can’t shake the coincidence of these huge revelations dropping while Democrats take over some of these major committees with subpoena power in the House. Of course that might also be the engines revving up again post election/holidays as well.

Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Yashar Ali @yashar

Cohen has mob/dirty ties including some of his own family it’s why NY fucked him all up and threw the book at him because he refused to cooperate with matters that would have put his family and others in jail, he only cooperated to nab trump.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Oct 27, 2017
So can we all take a stand on whether we think trump finishes his first term or is impeached/resigns beforehand? I still think he finishes the first term but give it 20% or so he doesnt which is higher than i ever expected it to be.

Oct 27, 2017
So the back half of judge jeannine show basically telling trump not to do national emergency but also "don't back down". So this is gonna drag on, then.

Oct 25, 2017
So the back half of judge jeannine show basically telling trump not to do national emergency but also "don't back down". So this is gonna drag on, then.
The only end game here is McConnell bending to the R’s yelling at him to reopen the government. This will only get uglier for them and the calls will get louder and louder. (i.e. veto proof majority)

Dec 26, 2018
So can we all take a stand on whether we think trump finishes his first term or is impeached/resigns beforehand? I still think he finishes the first term but give it 20% or so he doesnt which is higher than i ever expected it to be.
Impeachment is slowly drawing closer. The GOP are buckling, we simply need to know where the pressure point is for them to pull the trigger. We need investigations into the Republicans being blackmailed, as well. If Russia has something on Mitch he's not going to go through with impeachment, despite all the domino's lining up, as a matter of survival.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dan Bongino:
Yashar Ali @yashar

. @dbongino tells Judge Jeanine that the president should avoid using emergency powers to fund additional barriers on the Southern border. Adding that he’s doing the right thing right now

Nov 30, 2017
User Banned (permanent): History of antagonistic and inflammatory posting
I guess Obama having a white mom is ok though (and it IS but just trying to make a point here about double standards)

Women get treated so unfairly when it comes to this kind of stuff
Incorrect. Obama didn’t choose his mom. You choose your spouse.

And being a black woman who was a loyal soldier in the war on drugs and and had her office advocate for keeping black men imprisoned on non-violent felonies instead of early release, because their slave labor was too valuable.

It isn’t JUST being married to a white man, it’s literallt betraying black folks at every turn along with being married to a white man, which is why the only base of support she has is white liberal men (natch for this site) and low information black voters.

Dassit that’s all. I mean, since no one believes me even though I’ve brought it up many times, all you need to do is check the responses of this post to see that Kamala goes over with black women like a wet fart.

Also, Kamala isn’t black, doesn’t have a black American experience at all, has never made any substantive steps towards helping the black community, nothing.

All skinfolk ain’t kinfolk, we don’t operate the way white supremacy and the GOP do. If you want people to overlook you working for your enemy she can always run as a Green Party candidate.

Edit: I also call Obama biracial and not black because he doesn’t have 2 black parents nor was his formative years one that virtually no other black person could identify with at all. He has a uniquely biracial experience, regardless of that stupid ass one drop rule (that only seeks to push people into blackness and forces black people to accept folks who don’t even want to be black nor see themselves as black, until they accomplish some shit then it’s “ehhh well it’s probably the non black side that made that incredible thing happen”).

Michelle Obama is black. Hell she grew up down the street from my black ass mama. Barack is biracial. This ain’t rocket science folks.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Foreign Affairs Committee:

Tara Palmeri @tarapalmeri

A democratic aide on the committee tells me they will first ask the State Department for the documents used to prepare for the #helsinkisummit and the notes taken after. They're leaning away from calling the interpreter in due to executive privilege issues and precedent

Steve Herman @W7VOA

“Every time Trump meets with Putin, the country is told nothing. America deserves the truth and the Foreign Affairs Committee will seek to get to the bottom of it,” says committee chairman @RepEliotEngel.

“We will be holding hearings on the mysteries swirling around Trump’s bizarre relationship with Putin and his cronies, and how those dark dealings affect our national security,” adds @RepEliotEngel.

plagiarize

Skinny Dipping in Cauldron Lake
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Trump didn't like that judge Jeanine said the Democrats won the house - he interrupted the whole thing for a two minute rant on how he won the Senate, and won the house races he "went to".

Then she asked him point blank if he's working for Russia. The only word not in his answer was "no".
I wonder if Trump is even aware that Democrats won 2/3rds of the Senate seats in the 2018 midterms. I'd like to think yes, but...

Oct 25, 2017
doesn’t have a black American experience at all, has never made any substantive steps towards helping the black community, nothing.
lmfao what the hell is the black american experience? Are black folk who grow up middle class and go to white schools also denied this "experience"? what about black folk who've lived here forever with immigrant parents?

This rabbit hole is deep and doesn't quite make much sense.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Also, Kamala isn’t black, doesn’t have a black American experience at all, has never made any substantive steps towards helping the black community, nothing.

All skinfolk ain’t kinfolk, we don’t operate the way white supremacy and the GOP do. If you want people to overlook you working for your enemy she can always run as a Green Party candidate.

Edit: I also call Obama biracial and not black because he doesn’t have 2 black parents nor was his formative years one that virtually no other black person could identify with at all. He has a uniquely biracial experience, regardless of that stupid ass one drop rule (that only seeks to push people into blackness and forces black people to accept folks who don’t even want to be black nor see themselves as black, until they accomplish some shit then it’s “ehhh well it’s probably the non black side that made that incredible thing happen”).

Michelle Obama is black. Hell she grew up down the street from my black ass mama. Barack is biracial. This ain’t rocket science folks.
This stuff makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, because you know that racists will treat Kamala as if she's black, just as they did Barack.

Hell, I've seen racist white people rail on Harris because she's tried to get black criminals off of the death penalty.

Nov 30, 2017
lmfao what the hell is the black american experience? Are black folk who grow up middle class and go to white schools also denied this "experience"? what about black folk who've lived here forever with immigrant parents?

This rabbit hole is deep and doesn't quite make much sense.
Those who know, know. Those who don’t, don’t.

I think ones reaction to hearing “Cash Money Records takin over for the 99 and 2000” can give a satisfactory answer to your question.

This stuff makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, because you know that racists will treat Kamala as if she's black, just as they did Barack.

Hell, I've seen racist white people rail on Harris because she's tried to get black criminals off of the death penalty.
Oh no one informed me that black folks decisions on how to treat people and vote should factor in what terrible white people think. Dah well.

And no, she defended the death penalty and called the it being ruled unconstitutional as “flawed”.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-death-penalty-appeal-20140821-story.html

Try again.

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh no one informed me that black folks decisions on how to treat people and vote should factor in what terrible white people think. Dah well.

And no, she defended the death penalty and called the it being ruled unconstitutional as “flawed”.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-death-penalty-appeal-20140821-story.html

Try again.
If you can't empathize with the experience of someone who has suffered racism, I'm not sure what to say.

And yes, she has fought to spare convicted criminals of the death penalty, and I have seen racists complaining about it on social media:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett

[email protected] responds to the @washingtonpost report alleging that @realDonaldTrump has hidden the details of his Putin conversations from senior White House officials

Oct 25, 2017

I think ones reaction to hearing “Cash Money Records takin over for the 99 and 2000” can give a satisfactory answer to your question.
I mean, beyond black twitter threads-esque reduction, many black americans don't share this experience. I lived an upper middle class life attending private schools, so the narrative people carry around about "true black people grew up in the hood!" is kinda just stupid. There's really no one way to be anything.

Denying people of their own identity (not talking about people shoving it onto people) will never make sense.

Nov 30, 2017
If you can't empathize with the experience of someone who has suffered racism, I'm not sure what to say.

And yes, she has fought to spare convicted criminals of the death penalty, and I have seen racists complaining about it on social media:

Oh so since she’s experienced racism I’m supposed to ignore the fact that she’s operated against the black community for years?

Fuck outta here with this liberal white nonsense fam. It wasn’t your community she was sending heavily armed cops into and locking up folks for non-violent drug offenses.

ALL SKINFOLK AINT KINFOLK. We don’t operate the way whiteness does, and the fact that it’s 2019 and y’all don’t understand that and haven’t dismantled whiteness yet is why no one but y’all and black folks who only know that she’s black and a senator are going. As soon as anyone learns her record it’s a hard pass, as evidenced by that twitter thread full of black people giving her a hard fuckin no.

You not about to convince black folks to vote for a fed that locked up more black folks than her predecessor as AG and had Republicans running to the left of her on issues. Just not happening. If anything, it’s wild racist that you would assume black people should back her because she’s black and that we shouldn’t look at her polices that clearly benefit people like who she chose to marry (see how it all ties in?).

Oct 25, 2017

Try again.
So knowing the intro to Back That Azz Up means I'm black now? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Nov 30, 2017
I mean, beyond black twitter threads-esque reduction, many black americans don't share this experience. I lived an upper middle class life attending private schools, so the narrative people carry around about "true black people grew up in the hood!" is kinda just stupid. There's really no one way to be anything.

Denying people of their own identity (not talking about people shoving it onto people) will never make sense.
The fact that you feel this strongly about it even though I never once said:

- you weren’t black
- the only real black people live in the hood
- you’re not black if you went to private schools

Because the part of Barack’s upbringing most black folks can’t identify with is:

- having a white mother
- traveling worldwide

so your reaction about schools and neighborhoods means you have some personal demons you need to work out about your relationship to your own blackness that has nothing to do with this conversation. You’re just triggered because someone who has never been for black people no wants our support and you’re feeling like you might be cast out the same way because you have complicated feelings around embracing your blackness.

Don’t respond to this copping pleas about how you were teased by black people about being black and that’s why you feel a way. I don’t care, it’s 2019, most teasing, like crime, happens intraracially, so whine about it to a therapist or to your white friends, I frankly don’t care that you haven’t learned to love yourself yet tbh.

Nov 30, 2017
That poster has been overly antagonistic to people in this thread for a while, because apparently they are a singular authority on what they are passionate about.
Tell me when I said I was the singular authority on anything?

Please quote it. Also tagging black posters that talk about things that directly affect the black community that’s a known activist as “antagonistic” is basically the “angry black man” argument, so welcome to being ignored for your diet racism.

So knowing the intro to Back That Azz Up means I'm black now? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.
Like I said, if you know, you know.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you feel this strongly about it even though I never once said:

- you weren’t black
- the only real black people live in the hood
- you’re not black if you went to private schools

Because the part of Barack’s upbringing most black folks can’t identify with is:

- having a white mother
- traveling worldwide

so your reaction about schools and neighborhoods means you have some personal demons you need to work out about your relationship to your own blackness that has nothing to do with this conversation. You’re just triggered because someone who has never been for black people no wants our support and you’re feeling like you might be cast out the same way because you have complicated feelings around embracing your blackness.

Don’t respond to this copping pleas about how you were teased by black people about being black and that’s why you feel a way. I don’t care, it’s 2019, most teasing, like crime, happens intraracially, so whine about it to a therapist or to your white friends, I frankly don’t care that you haven’t learned to love yourself yet tbh.
this is all patently wrong. You talked about Barack's experience growing up differing from the black american experience significantly, which assumes there's some sort of specific black american experience at all. which is also just stupid.

I've embraced my blackness and lead one of the largest black non greek organizations at my university. Keep your unbridled hotep rage to yourself.

anyways, whew

Status
Not open for further replies.