• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
McCaskill on MSNBC divulging that EVERY senator has a hideaway office, and senators don't know where the other hideaways are unless another senator tells them. She also complimented AOC without any caveats.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, that Twitter class is already paying off!

DxFL71SX0AMIU7n.jpg

They're just having fun, nothing wrong with that.

Jan 15, 2019
Right. I believe that some people are actually Nazis, and you believe in the quantum theory of Nazidom, where some percentage of people are presumably Nazis, but whenever you pick an individual person and look at them, magically they're just stupid or confused, not a Nazi at all.

I understand you well.
I can certainly point out plenty of people I would consider to be nazis. Every person marching in Charlottesville, Ann Coulter, anyone with a stormfront account (or where ever they gather now), any police officer who's shot an unarmed PoC, anyone who talks about the importance of preserving "western civilization" and dog whistle shit of that nature, etc etc. I'm not deluded. There's a middle ground between "every Trump voter is a nazi" and "nazis don't exist."

less

Oct 25, 2017

this is brilliant lmfao. what a perfect clip

When AOC won the primary I clapped and then ignored her more or less. I figured that she would be a nice new Dem with some good intentions. But god damn. More and more she looks exactly like the kind of person that the Dems need going forward in their fresher members. She is impressively good at messaging.

Nov 20, 2017
If Ojeda makes it to debate, the first question he gets will be "uh, why the fuck did you vote for Trump?" and he'll be laughed out of the primary. If by some freakish turn of events this does not happen and he wins the nom, it basically means the democratic party has somehow crumbled into a useless pile of shit and whether someone votes third party will be the least of anybody's concerns because the country will be off the deep end.

Co-signed.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
AOC is a welcome dose of relief and perfectly executed "fuck you". Shoveling shit in McConnell's direction is guaranteed way to win me over.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
When AOC won the primary I clapped and then ignored her more or less. I figured that she would be a nice new Dem with some good intentions. But god damn. More and more she looks exactly like the kind of person that the Dems need going forward in their fresher members. She is impressively good at messaging.

Same. She's a natural, and could easily become the youngest elected Senator since Biden.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
AOC doing great work finally getting McConnell into the popular consciousness as one of the BS artists behind this mess.

If she finally manages to crack his shell, I will be in awe.
I'm really sick of the media and never Trumpers still treating Cocaine Mitch like he's an unbeatable god.

Oct 27, 2017
The trump-putin hand signal being shown for former CIA director Brennan - "without having a full readout, it looks like these two have a special relationship" - thinks Trump is being exploited, rather than a willing asset.

Jan 15, 2019
The trump-putin hand signal being shown for former CIA director Brennan - "without having a full readout, it looks like these two have a special relationship" - thinks Trump is being exploited, rather than a willing asset.
Trump is pretty much perfect for unwittingly exploiting. He's too dumb to ever realize he's being played, and too egocentric to believe he ever could be.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Same. She's a natural, and could easily become the youngest elected Senator since Biden.
I think if all goes well for her, she could become our youngest president period. She'll be 37 (I think) in 2028 and have a decade of nationwide govt experience + a huge level of national recognition working for her.

If she has the interest in running for President, builds up experience and continues her solid messaging...I wouldn't rule her out to be honest. But lets see what the future holds.

At the very least we're in for interesting times especially if Dems can keep up the enthusiasm they showed in 2018 going beyond just 2020.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to AOC, I kind of waver between the "She's so good at this" mindset and "Maybe everyone else up until now has just been so goddamned mediocre that a competent politician seems supernatural".

She's not doing anything magical: she's calling Republicans on their bullshit and packaging it up into digestible sound bytes that the general population can spread. The average person isn't going to watch a 10 minute policy debate but they'll watch these incisive snippets she puts out.

There's no reason that others couldn't have done this as effectively before. Democrats have allowed Republicans to define and control the narrative for too fucking long and it's nice that we've got stand-outs that are showing what happens when you stand up and punch the bullies in the eye.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Sadly Trump's ego won't let him admit that, so he'll double down on everything til the end of time.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not voting for his ass. Who's saying just vote for him. And how is a third party in this moment an "allied" position?

You are. If you think that voting third-party with a hypothetical virulent racist on the Dem ticket is a no-go, obviously this is your position.

I also wouldn't vote for Tulsi Gabbard's punk ass. She hates gay and Muslim folks...so, you know, a more presentable version of Trump.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Is this that thing where rich old people inject the blood of young people to slow their aging processes?

Status
Not open for further replies.