• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't trust the new Cohen story, yet we know trump lies all the time. But I still don't trust the story.

Oct 25, 2017

NEW: Mueller prosecutors tell Judge Jackson that Manafort hasn't produced any evidence disputing charges he lied during cooperation. They are prepared to call witnesses if Manafort puts up an actual fight, otherwise they tell the judge she could rule just based on filings.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
That's healthy. What's the weak point to you? The outlet, the amount of sources, etc.?

The one guy attached to the story that got in trouble for bad journalistic practices before, and just a general tiredness of initial stories sounding worse than they were. We just had the one about Cohen telling trump about the trump tower Russia meeting before it happened that was backtracked as well as who Manafort gave the polling data to as well as iirc when trump made contact with Russia where the initial story was during the campaign and then it was corrected to the transition.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The one guy attached to the story that got in trouble for bad journalistic practices before, and just a general tiredness of initial stories sounding worse than they were. We just had the one about Cohen telling trump about the trump tower Russia meeting before it happened that was backtracked as well as who Manafort gave the polling data to as well as iirc when trump made contact with Russia where the initial story was during the campaign and then it was corrected to the transition.

That's fine, but this one didn't exactly come out of the blue. It tracks perfectly with prior reporting on the Moscow Tower, Mueller's court filings, and Cohen's guilty plea. Most of us already assumed that Trump had already perjured himself, or directed others to do so, this is just confirmation. That was the reason for Klobuchar's line of questioning to Barr, she knew this was coming.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
People's sudden skepticism of investigative journalism because of it's conflation with fake news is infuriating.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
C_eFj31VoAABeJ-.jpg
Just realized the guy on the left behind him is wearing nothing but boxer shorts in public. WTF????
I know people here rightly hate The Hill, but that picture is perfect.
I thought so too and yoinked it.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is people are actually (or pretending to be?) skeptical that Trump would tell someone to lie. Like....fucking really ? You honestly don't believe he would do that? He's become such a bastion of honesty and truth?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This entire thread really is something:

If any of you went to a Catholic high school you'd know how strongly the March for Life is promoted. This is Times Square New Year's Eve for Conservatives.

DxNQOIpV4AAvlY3.jpg

I bet these people didn't see Black Panther because it was "too partisan"

I went to a Catholic HS for one year, 2001-02, and they never mentioned it. It was actually fairly chill for a Catholic school despite prayer before every class, a required religion class, and some services here and there.

I do know about it though and how it's a big deal. My great aunt, who is an ex-nun and a single issue voter, has gone a few times. She and her husband also volunteer for the local chapter. Of course they have no children of their own, biological or adopted.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get that folks who really want to believe this kind of racist stuff don't dig any deeper than the top level but if you practice Islam and we're traveling with a prayer rug why would you just randomly decide "eh... I got a ton of these, I'll just leave this one right here as a memento."
Bro, we gotta drop our prayer rugs. That's how we mark our territory.

OK I understand the first tweet but the second one is confusing.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
There was some talk a couple days ago that it was unclear how Super Bowl security was going to be paid for if the shutdown continued through February.

So the source is probably someone hearing that, then accidentally or maliciously twisting that into a rumor Trump will cancel the Super Bowl. It's just believable enough to be spread widely.

Newt: "Trump's not that stupid."

Narrator: "He is."

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess what I'm saying is, when minority parties make requests to departments they often get ignored because they're not the party in power and can't hold them accountable. Is it possible that the FBI can treat Merkley the same way?
Potentially yes, but I don't the FBI itself wants to be seen as partisan, I would expect the highers up at the DOJ to be the ones responsible for ignoring the request.
After all it will be the DOJ that decides to prosecute, not the FBI

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Bro, we gotta drop our prayer rugs. That's how we mark our territory.

OK I understand the first tweet but the second one is confusing.

I picture it like BotW, when you really want to pick up that fire sword, but you have a full inventory. Something's gotta go.

Edit: The second tweet is about the WH finding out that State was arranging commercial flights for Pelosi and Co. and leaking THAT as well.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just this morning, he threatened the witness of an investigation against him. That's impeachable on it's own, disregarding every other impeachable thing he's done

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that Fentanyl stat is a huge lie too.

Also, these are made in China. FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.