• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This seems to be the one eternal truth with the trumpkins is they will rip anyone to shreds and then the next day embrace them if things go their way. I mean, everyone does this a little, but when they rip shit to shreds its basically 'they are lying traitor democrats that need to be locked up'. They don't treat things with subtlety.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yeah I know you bud. You may or may not remember me but pm me if ya feel like it. Happy to grab a coffee or something. I have professional pic of me and franken that I've sadly edited franken out of.
Sent you a PM

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
If that's the case, then maybe this was also a survival move by Mueller's team, sensing that being shutdown might be more likely. There's another washington post report tonight suggesting that this Mueller statement means the story is false.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sounds like, from the context we have (look at the video Trump posted on Twitter) that Trump is just going to try to paint dems in a corner by announcing "WE HAVE A DEAL! DEMS??" instead of declaring emergency. But who knows for sure.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Hasn't buzzfeed gotten owned before?
I just remember them being roasted by almost everyone for releasing the Dosier, which has since become a key piece of public understanding of the entire situation with huge parts of the dosier being proven correct.

I don't remember them being owned by anything, but I might just be forgetting or missed it.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This seems to be the one eternal truth with the trumpkins is they will rip anyone to shreds and then the next day embrace them if things go their way. I mean, everyone does this a little, but when they rip shit to shreds its basically 'they are lying traitor democrats that need to be locked up'. They don't treat things with subtlety.

Same with obama. Hes the kenyan he devil...

But they use him as justification for their horrible behavior.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Buzzfeed editor on Maddow, says his reporters are still working hard with their sources, not backing down. So no change basically

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I put this in the main thread and thought it was worth relaying here.

For those arguing the BuzzFeed source may be SDNY and it's therefore semantics:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Eh, I just think DOJ doesn't like this leak at all so they squashed it.
I'm no legal expert but this is my read as well. The SC used technicalities that "some things in the report are inaccurate" to make it appear to all be false. It seems to me this is more about the leak itself being a concern instead of whether or not the headline is false.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
AOC will be president one day. Bank on it.

I hope one day that Republicans truly begin to realize how dangerous this sort of shit is...

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm no legal expert but this is my read as well. The SC used technicalities that "some things in the report are inaccurate" to make it appear to all be false. It seems to me this is more about the leak itself being a concern instead of whether or not the headline is false.

Yeah, a big ole slap on the hand. You leak shit, we'll just kill it anyway. Wait for us to finish our shit.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
All these Democratic Senators coming out saying they won't vote for Barr for AG as if it really mattered what their vote was at this point, lmao.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I watched Bill Maher because I can't miss out on Barney Frank. No surprise, I was not disappointed. He made a great argument against pursuing impeachment of Trump and I agree with him.

I wish he was still in politics.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018
As someone close enough to AOC's age, the reference worked in that context. No objection here.

RE: Mueller, "I've been investigating this story for two years and they just... tweeted it out..."

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels strange for Mueller to dispute it. This type of thing, true or not, would seemingly make more people come forward to him with info, if they believed it were true.

Then Lanny Davisor Cohen didn't dispute it....

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with it, I just thought it was funny, like, when I think about "shit them kids say", aybabtu is not the first thing that pops to my mind, if you know what I mean.
Y RLY
She is hip with the kids. The 35 year old kids. Also she is the most naturally talented meme master in congress. Presidency guaranteed.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mueller wants to preserve the integrity of his investigation. If things like this start leaking, there is a higher probablity that Republicans will start to dispute that he is doing and undermine his investigation and ultimately try to handwavei it away. Or, there are certain parts of the Buzzfeed article that aren't completely true are complete corrobated.

Honestly, though, no matter what happens... the Senate GOP will handwave it away, anyway. They are fully intent on protecting their Strong Orange White Daddy at all cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.