• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WHITAKER forcing things out of MUELLER? C'mon!

Whitaker might not be fully tuned in to what Mueller has, so when Trump and the WH called him raging about the BuzzFeed report, knowing it's true and wanting to fire Mueller, Whitaker went to Rod and asked him if it's true. Rod in an effort to protect the investigation told Mueller to put out the denial, but word it carefully, so it's not a blanket denial of the story, but could be interpreted as just small details being wrong, so when it's proven true later, the statement can't be used against Mueller.

Last edited:

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are wrong thinking Lahren cares about getting roasted. She just cares about getting attention. Cardi B responding to her just makes her happy.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her biggest issue to overcome in the primary is a history of supporting unfair law enforcement and she picks a city famous for corrupt and racially motivated law enforcement as her HQ.

Baltimore police have accidentally exposed themselves as planting evidence for drug arrests multiple times since body cameras became a thing.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Drew Hammill @Drew_Hammill

To be clear, the Speaker's Office never received a "written acceptance" from the President.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump​
Nancy, I am still thinking about the State of the Union speech, there are so many options - including doing it as per your written offer (made during the Shutdown, security is no problem), and my written acceptance. While a contract is a contract, I'll get back to you soon!​

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
They are wrong thinking Lahren cares about getting roasted. She just cares about getting attention. Cardi B responding to her just makes her happy.
Agreed. AoC and Cardi b should stop responding to tommy. She is going to start those crocodile tears and persecution canard any minute now.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Drew Hammill @Drew_Hammill

To be clear, the Speaker's Office never received a "written acceptance" from the President.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump​
Nancy, I am still thinking about the State of the Union speech, there are so many options - including doing it as per your written offer (made during the Shutdown, security is no problem), and my written acceptance. While a contract is a contract, I'll get back to you soon!​

So a weak attempt at pretending they had a "deal" to do his SOTU, rather than an invitation that can be rescinded any time she wants.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
For night in January? How is that bad.

January windy nights I think like - 10 to - 20 after windchill.

When the normal low for a place is 28 and the NWS issues a wind chill advisory. It does not "feel like March" like your original post alluded to. That's the whole point of all this.

For it to feel like March in DC it needs to be more like 50.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Is..is there a dem candidate that is saying undocumented people should vote? What?

Probably not, because they're all cowards.
Also, I'm not sure if Gillibrand don't know that there are elected positions that don't require you to be an American citizen or that she pretending that she doesn't know that, or maybe she think there should be an elected position where one could be elected for but not vote to. Either way, I'm so fucking tired of trying to thread that immigration needle, the GOP is going to say you're inviting MS13 to rape our children anyway.

This is a garbage policy, what it means in practical terms is checking the legal status of people who are voting, and it's a little more than backdoor voter ID laws.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Her biggest issue to overcome in the primary is a history of supporting unfair law enforcement and she picks a city famous for corrupt and racially motivated law enforcement as her HQ.

Baltimore police have accidentally exposed themselves as planting evidence for drug arrests multiple times since body cameras became a thing.
I was thinking that it's a city with a large black population, lots of black representation in local government (including the mayor), it's south-adjacent, and has a large pool of political aides/staff.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking that it's a city with a large black population, lots of black representation in local government (including the mayor), it's south-adjacent, and has a large pool of political aides/staff.
The other choice was Atlanta which has all of those without being emblematic of her biggest red flag as a candidate.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Whitaker might not be fully tuned in to what Mueller has, so when Trump and the WH called him raging about the BuzzFeed report, knowing it's true and wanting to fire Mueller, Whitaker went to Rod and asked him if it's true. Rod in an effort to protect the investigation told Mueller to put out the denial, but word it carefully, so it's not a blanket denial of the story, but could be interpreted as just small details being wrong, so when it's proven true later, the statement can't be used against Mueller.

Too many ifs and The Hot Tub Crime Machine hasn't shown himself to be anything much more than a small-time grifter and petty asshole who got installed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over his head.

Plus, having the OSC be the authority to both the rule of law and the traitorous crooks in this whole deal is a nice silver lining that shouldnt be corroded. The "worded carefully" and Rosenstein being read in parts are reasonable parts given what we know and know of the participants, and we don't even know those are true either, just reasonable.

What we DO know is that the aformentioned traitorous crooks are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal spooked by this story even after the specific clarification by the OSC and a vast swath of newsmedia and Dem politicians were coaching their comments on "if true" and "we continue to corroborate" and we should be to until the hammer drops.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried about going outside.
And you shouldn't be smh

Maybe I don't spend enough time in DC and this is apparently what's considered cold but I'm a baby with the cold and Trump is whining about how freezing it is outside when there are bird chirping and you can walk around comfortably in a windbreaker. It's bs.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Buzzfeed story is legit, and may be an existential threat to Trump and/or the Mueller Special Counsel's Office by way of Trump. They may be kicking off the massacre in slurred motion.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giuliani said he was leaked documents about Corsi saying he was offered a deal from Mueller if he read a script the prosecution gave he would only get parole. Didn't see anyone mention this earlier.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
This is the NYT's framing, per the app notification: "President Trump's immigration plan was a rare appeal to the center. But it failed to satisfy Democratic leaders and alienated parts of his base."

A wall only a clear minority of Americans want in exchange for temporary extensions of programs Trump ended hardly seems like an appeal to the center.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also black constituents and activists who have a police reform agenda that would love to work closely with one of the democratic primary front runners.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This is the NYT's framing, per the app notification: "President Trump's immigration plan was a rare appeal to the center. But it failed to satisfy Democratic leaders and alienated parts of his base."

A wall only a clear minority of Americans want in exchange for temporary extensions of programs Trump ended hardly seems like an appeal to the center.
It was a token attempt at what he thinks is the center.

In a rational world we should accept nothing less than the DREAM Act in exchange for a token investment in border security. The original bill was sponsored by Orrin freaking Hatch!

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Has the campaign base of operations actually ever mattered. Why aren't we talking about where any other candidate is setting up operations?

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too many ifs and The Hot Tub Crime Machine hasn't shown himself to be anything much more than a small-time grifter and petty asshole who got installed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over his head.

Plus, having the OSC be the authority to both the rule of law and the traitorous crooks in this whole deal is a nice silver lining that shouldnt be corroded. The "worded carefully" and Rosenstein being read in parts are reasonable parts given what we know and know of the participants, and we don't even know those are true either, just reasonable.

What we DO know is that the aformentioned traitorous crooks are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal spooked by this story even after the specific clarification by the OSC and a vast swath of newsmedia and Dem politicians were coaching their comments on "if true" and "we continue to corroborate" and we should be to until the hammer drops.

I bet they're spooked because Trump probably tells them to lie all the time, and they know Cohen makes tapes. So even if they ask Trump "hey, are you exposed here," because Trump lies so much, they don't know if Mueller actually has hard evidence or not.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Smoking hot take: the location of a campaign headquarters has never mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.