• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I know people had concerns going into 2020 a few years ago in terms of candidate strength, but this is going to be a pretty strong field running.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats will probably all run on Hilary's platform of "at least I'm not Trump" and get butchered in the election. Anybody who thinks Dems will run on real progressive platform is going to be disappointed.
This is nonsense. We ran on a progressive platform in 2018. As did Hillary in 2016.

Unless your idea of "real progressive" is Bernie/DSA only but that would make no sense.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
South Carolina huh? I wonder if she's going to target the eastern sunbelt for 2020. Not sure if that's viable yet but NC/GA/FL have to flip at some point to balance out MI/WI.

This is probably a more short term decision. If Harris can lock down the West Coast and carry black voters in the South she's already most of the way to the nomination.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
That video was an announcement of an announcement.

Democrats will probably all run on Hilary's platform of "at least I'm not Trump" and get butchered in the election. Anybody who thinks Dems will run on real progressive platform is going to be disappointed.

Do you have any examples of Democratic candidates who have announced on a platform of "at least I'm not Trump?"

Primary season is no longer a fantasy. We're here. We're in it now, and there are candidates.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I feel like having a splashy candidacy announcement is like having a big E3 reveal. No one but the really invested will remember a year from now, and 1/4 of the candidates will be vaporware anyway.

Everyone right now is focusing on minimizing skeletons and releasing coherent messaging on the shutdown.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I wanted Eric Garcetti to run, but he still has a lot of work to do in LA. It won't be a good look for him to run for president when LA teachers are on strike and a councilor is being investigated for corruption by the FBI.

The smart move for him is to play the long game. Wait for Harris and/or Feinstein to vacate the Senate in two years or so and get nominated to replace them by Newsom.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
She's gonna have to answer a lot of shit about her time as AG/DA but she's probably the best in so far.

Dear god if I have to see "SHE'S A COP" being the dismissive line for her though one more time.

Brace yourself, you will hear it all year and next.

She should confront it and use this campaign to highlight the ills of said system, since she has seen and used it. If not, then it will be a constant problem.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Brace yourself, you will hear it all year and next.

She should confront it and use this campaign to highlight the ills of said system, since she has seen and used it. If not, then it will be a constant problem.

Has to be done well and carefully. I recognize you have to win the primary first, but you know if Harris wins Trump will cherry-pick a couple people who got "lenient sentencing" and then committed violent crimes after serving their prison sentences.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
All the stress of negotiating with Pelosi...

has left the president looking a little pail
That's it I'm outta here

kOP5zbB.gif

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't yet know who will get my vote in the primary, but I'm thinking it'll be one of the women - Klobuchar, Harris, Gillibrand, or Warren. Still over a year away from having to make that decision.

I have given serious thought to just writing in Kerry though, as long as I'm not too upset by one of the front runners.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not ready to commit to any candidate just yet, but in the interest of full disclosure, I have voted for Harris for Senator, and I can see myself voting for her for President.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard Bill Kristol on tv predict that the turtles play with the show vote this week is that he knows it'll fail and that he can then go to Trump and say "we tried it your way and it didn't work. Let's vote on the clean CR from December."

I guess that makes sense but I think Trump is so stubborn that he may still dig his heels in.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
I woke up this morning to NPR saying that Dianne Feinstein was running for president. I thought to myself, "Wow, really? This really is going to be the Democrats' version of the Republican 2016 primary."

Subsequent talk made the actual situation very clear.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard Bill Kristol on tv predict that the turtles play with the show vote this week is that he knows it'll fail and that he can then go to Trump and say "we tried it your way and it didn't work. Let's vote on the clean CR from December."

I guess that makes sense but I think Trump is so stubborn that he may still dig his heels in.

I'm not sure, but it makes as much sense as anything else.
I was quite confused when I saw Turtle was going to bring that to a vote, I seriously doubt it will get 50 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.