• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well at the same time a lot of the women running who say they care about women running so much endorsed the old white guy instead of her where as Bernie did not. Think she'll remember that

And I'm not sure it's total base overlap either. While Bernie has his issues with his campaign for sure and especially where he chose to campaign, the lack of any major endorsements from minority politicians in minority districts definitely hurt a lot. AOC endorsing him and working with him on messenging could help him where he needs it the most significantly
Wouldn't that just be continuing the same "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" mentality that caused all of the other candidates to endorse her opponent in the first place?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Teeeeeeechnically we've always been exporting oil, but facts be damned. One of those lovely "if they'd had an editor with half a brain they would have taken 2 seconds to correct it" things, not that it matters.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Well at the same time a lot of the women running who say they care about women running so much endorsed the old white guy instead of her where as Bernie did not. Think she'll remember that

And I'm not sure it's total base overlap either. While Bernie has his issues with his campaign for sure and especially where he chose to campaign, the lack of any major endorsements from minority politicians in minority districts definitely hurt a lot. AOC endorsing him and working with him on messenging could help him where he needs it the most significantly
Yea, I mean I do think she will likely endorse Bernie. Just looking for reasons why she possibly wouldn't.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that just be continuing the same "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" mentality that caused all of the other candidates to endorse her opponent in the first place?
I don't think so

Bernie supported the most progressive candidate. Gillibrand and others who are trying to retrofit themselves as super progressives apparently continually don't do that if the person who is isn't the party favorite

If you are her who do you trust to actually do what they are saying they plan on doing if they actually become POTUS? Bernie who puts his money where his mouth is in trying to change the direction of the party to be better suited to achieve those goals or the ones who have so recently and convieniently evolved and agree with what's new and cool?

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017

I think we're gonna need government workers to revolt to get out of this in a timely manner.

I know people in the IRS Austin office. They said it was a ghost town in there. Entire teams claiming hardship. I retract my earlier post about this not putting pressure on people. It's going to get pretty ugly.

What I hear, even if they all showed up might not help anything. Cuz you're not bringing back people in every department just the front line telephone if your tax return is flawless you probably get your refund if it's not there's no one to verify at a check it so you're probably not getting it back until the IRS opens again.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think we're gonna need government workers to revolt to get out of this in a timely manner.

Beautiful, every single IRS employee should do this. Fuck Trump, he knows how bad it'll be for him if tax refunds aren't processed. IRS employees should not allow him to use them so he can keep the government shut down longer.

Edit: I also expect Republicans to "fix" this "loophole" in the contract promptly.

Last edited:

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

gay valedictorian barred by the "archaic" Covington diocese from speaking at his 2018 graduation is "not surprised" by videos of the Covington students: "It was only a matter of time that something this school community did would blow up to this degree"
behind every public heterosexual fiasco is a gay, checking their nails, informing you they warned your dumb asses

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Overwhelmingly white, male industry identifies with and seeks to rationalize the actions of the party of straight white men, portrays the party of women and minorities as shrill and unreasonable.

The shock.
Yeah I heard Brokaw was both sidesing the shut down today and while I was supremely disappointed I ended up being ".....that's about what I usually expect"

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

As with most things in this presidency, what did he expect? People are supposed to spend $70 round trip per day to drive into work from Virginia, process tens of millions of returns under a new format shorthanded, and then keep this up for the next 9 weeks with no projected end in sight while bills pile up and their savings dwindle?

For a wall 1500 miles away that won't be built until their kids are in college?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I heard Brokaw was both sidesing the shut down today and while I was supremely disappointed I ended up being ".....that's about what I usually expect"
Anderson Cooper asked a Democrat today that since the republicans were in charge of two thirds of government shouldn't the democrats give them two thirds of what they want.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It's really astonishing how garbage the media is
Once again, thank goodness for social media now.

QlSTkOL.gif

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
If I was an IRS employee and I was told to come in for tax season but not get paid for it, and the only reason I'm being called in to work without pay is so the President can avoid signing a bill for me to work with pay just because he doesn't like the Speaker of the House and doesn't want her getting any credit for funding the Treasury and IRS...

My answer would absolutely be just fuck all the way off with that.

Oct 26, 2017
I see we have another evening where PoliERA has devolved into creepy AOC infatuations.

Sherrod on maddow actuallly came accross pretty damn well.

He did come off pretty well. Though I'm trying to imagine Sherrod Brown giving a State of the Union Address. Not sure I could handle over a hour of his gravelly voice.

Re: Biden

Please no. We need a page turning candidate, not someone with more baggage than Delta and one foot in the grave. Biden has had a good career, but we don't need him to beat Trump. As those polls showed that someone posted earlier, a Democrat inanimate carbon rod could beat Trump in 2020. It's just a matter of the margins and how it affects the Senate map.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Re: Biden

Please no. We need a page turning candidate, not someone with more baggage than Delta and one foot in the grave. Biden has had a good career, but we don't need him to beat Trump. As those polls showed that someone posted earlier, a Democrat inanimate carbon rod could beat Trump in 2020. It's just a matter of the margins and how it affects the Senate map.

Biden running would get nasty, the ads write themselves. What will affect everything is how Obama views his run, if he's angry the rivals like Beto (if he appears) or Kamala will take the gloves off, but if not it'll fall to candidates like Bernie to shake him up. That's a fight Bernie would be able to deal some damage, and with a familiar opponent.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
AOC has yet to open a district office, falsely blamed the shutdown.
While Ms. Ocasio-Cortez blamed the shutdown for her delay in opening a district office, the General Services Administration, which helps with the setup of such offices, said those services were not affected by the shutdown. But General Services could not deliver office supplies — including laptop computers — to a district office that has not been opened.
She just straight up... lied about something easily disproved. Brindisi, Rose, and Delgado got their offices up and running just fine.

I know we're not supposed to care because she's leading A Movement and Trump and the GOP lie more frequently and more severely, but the dishonesty and the neglect of the district are not the best looks. I believe you should remember whom you serve, and for her, that's the people of NY-14. Running off to build a national profile sounds like how you get your ass primaried back home if you don't do it carefully and tend to your constituents.

Last edited:

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

She just straight up... lied about something easily disproved. Brindisi, Rose, and Delgado got their offices up and running just fine.

I know we're not supposed to care because she's leading A Movement and Trump and the GOP lie more frequently and more severely, but the dishonesty and the neglect of the districts are not the best looks. I believe you should remember whom you serve, and for her, that's the people of NY-14. Running off to build a national profile sounds like how you get your ass primaried back home if you don't do it carefully and tend to your constituents.
Yeesh. It's not *that* big a deal but between this and the paperwork kerfuffle she had a while back it's a bad look. You're absolutely right in your assessment

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I believe you should remember whom you serve, and for her, that's the people of NY-14. Running off to build a national profile sounds like how you get your ass primaried back home if you don't do it carefully and tend to your constituents.

This is what did in Crowley. He wasn't building a national profile, what he was doing was building a power base in Washington to become the next Speaker, he was next in line behind Pelosi.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If hes fired. U were right.
I mean.. My point wasn't that I'm right. But in order to believe that this is Rudy's strat requires us to completely disregard sources saying the opposite. And it's not always as easy as just firing people. Trump has been talking about firing various people for months and even over a year without following through.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I know we're not supposed to care because she's leading A Movement and Trump and the GOP lie more frequently and more severely, but the dishonesty and the neglect of the district are not the best looks. I believe you should remember whom you serve, and for her, that's the people of NY-14. Running off to build a national profile sounds like how you get your ass primaried back home if you don't do it carefully and tend to your constituents.
We are absolutely supposed to care and call shit out. It's the only way we get better.

Edit: sorry for double

Status
Not open for further replies.