US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Some people on the_donald are saying that Trump is playing 3D chess because next time if the government shuts down then it will be the Democrats' fault. Others are saying that Trump guaranteed the wall will get built because if they don't pass a bill with wall money in 3 weeks, he will declare an emergency. In other words, their dear leader is perfect and MAGA and blah blah, the usual stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to for the House to amend the Senate bill and make fund the government past 2/15? Or put in a provision that states the next CR approved by the house must be taken up by the senate for vote?

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Any reports from /thedonald? I dare not go.
Just delusion all over.

- "Trump just said if he doesn't get a wall on the 15th he will declare a national emergency. Now, he looks good for opening the government and we get the wall. "
- "So to recap, the Democrats exposed themselves as not giving a damn about DACA. Now they have only 21 days to negotiate wall funding or PDJT will declare a national emergency. "
- "What many are forgetting is that POTUS is that he cares more about Americans than hating on Democrats. Democrats hate Americans and don't care if government employees go unpaid. He saw the bigger picture in the sense that everyday citizens were being hurt and Dems didn't care.

If his one weakness is caring too much about every day Americans, than I can live with that."

id.

Oct 27, 2017
Choice quote from the_donald

Love how POTUS is giving one last chance for them to get their s*** together.
The optic brilliance of this is apparent. Normies everywhere are slowly getting 'it'.
POTUS is giving them the golden bridge to walk over, that he writes about in the art of the deal.
They HAVE to walk across it now.
Ir the consequences will be and will be seen by all and sundry yo be, squarely on them.
Phew! What a masterclass indeed.

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
Any reports from /thedonald? I dare not go.
i asked a friend to read it so i didn't have to

it's full tilt spinning, it's a witch hunt, etc.
there is no point going there because all arguments and posts that go against the message that they are pushing get deleted by the mods
twitter is a different beast altogether but it remains to be seen if their words and rage actually translate into continued dropping in polls and overall support

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't hear what he was saying then.

"The Wall" became a "Smart Wall" with drones, tactical fences, natural barriers, and other general border security things that everyone is in favor of.
I understand what you're saying, but since he said all the same other stuff he's been spouting about the wall, he seems just as susceptible to last-minute "advice" from anyone from Coulter to Putin.

Oct 27, 2017
Lindsay Graham is such a moron, saying things like that. Why would you ever want to handicap someone's position like that? I'm sure he will quickly forget about it, but he puts Trump in such a bad position. According to that quote, if Trump signs a bill with wall money, then things are fine. But if he doesn't, then it's game over for his presidency. So you just gave one of your allies a huge amount of downside with very little upside.

Oct 28, 2017
The thing is, it's not an emergency. It never has been an emergency. He won't be able to prove in court that it is an emergency. All this does is set him up to look like a massive failure.

Oct 25, 2017
Nancy reading McConnell to his face.

“I know he is a professional,” Pelosi said of McConnell. “So it is particularly painful to see him kowtowing to the president of the United States. And I said to him, ‘Do you just want to abolish the Congress or maybe just the United States Senate? Because that is effectively what you’re doing.’”
Asked what McConnell said in response, Pelosi replied: “What does he ever say? Nothing.”

Oct 27, 2017
Is this parody?

If he tries to shut the government down again, there will be a full revolt from government employees. He's not going to do it.
He is capable of anything and everything.

He'll do it again because he's already done it. Now the question is, will Congress be complicit again?

Rick Wilson just called him Cuckly McSniffles.
Not the troll we deserve... But the troll we need.

Oct 25, 2017
Just so everyone's keeping track, Nancy Pelosi is the reason Barack Obama was able to pass the ACA, and will be the reason Donald Trump won't get his wall.

id.

Oct 27, 2017
The exact quote from Trump earlier:

“They save good people from attempting a very dangerous journey from other countries - thousands of miles - because they have a glimmer of hope of coming through. With a wall, they don’t have that hope.”
-The President of the United States.

Oct 25, 2017
God, he's so bad at this. It's amazing.

I hope he declares the national emergency so that door is open to us in two years.

Not that we'll need it until 2022 with 52 Senate seats, no filibuster, the House, and the presidency.

My deal for Trump's wall: We build it, but we get full amnesty for all undocumented immigrants already here and for any future immigrants who find a way to circumvent the wall. Go over it? You're a citizen! Go under it? You're a citizen? Go around it? You're a citizen!

Can you get enough money to fly a budget airline from wherever you are to here? You're a citizen!

Do you have a work visa that you're planning to outstay? You're a citizen!

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
He is capable of anything and everything.

He'll do it again because he's already done it. Now the question is, will Congress be complicit again?
The GOP will revolt too. I don't care what flowery wankery the RNC just put out about King Trump, the cracks are already showing. Their party is on lifesupport.
Federal employees will walk out if this happens again. Hell, 14,000 IRS employees already ignored the order to come back to work (unpaid) to work tax refunds. People can only take so much fuckery.

Oct 28, 2017
I can't understand why ya'll are asking for Pelosi to stop twisting the knife. They deserve this and so much more, and it brings me so much joy to see.

Nov 13, 2017
I do kind of hope that Ojeda runs for WV governor or for the other Senate seat in 2020. I think the guy could have a legit shot at one of 'em. Gov would seem more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.