• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Forget about what assholes like Bill'O have to say.

They've abandoned reason and truth years ago, when they realized that feeding the stupidity of their base is what makes them rich. Truth certainly doesn't.

They want to be coddled, and feel warm inside.

Oct 25, 2017
Forget about what assholes like Bill'O have to say.

They've abandoned reason and truth years ago, when they realized that feeding the stupidity of their base is what makes them rich. Truth certainly doesn't.

They want to be coddled, and feel warm inside.
No one takes him seriously I was just taking the piss on him

Oct 25, 2017
It'll probably pass Congress with a veto-proof majority now that he's given the GOP the go-ahead, no?
veto-proof majority doesn't mean anything

if he vetoes it (he wont) the GOP isn't going to override him regardless of how many voted initially. It's no different than their failure to pass a CR that previously passed unanimously. They will do what Trump tells them, because they've abdicated all of their power to him

Oct 27, 2017
It'll probably pass Congress with a veto-proof majority now that he's given the GOP the go-ahead, no?
He'd still have to explicitly veto the bill and then Congress can choose to vote on it again in order to override to veto. From a purely technical point of view, a veto-proof majority on the first vote doesn't mean anything.

Oct 25, 2017
veto-proof majority doesn't mean anything

if he vetoes it (he wont) the GOP isn't going to override him regardless of how many voted initially. It's no different than their failure to pass a CR that previously passed unanimously. They will do what Trump tells them, because they've abdicated all of their power to him
It definitely means something as it would pin the blame squarely on Trump and McConnell and turtle don't want anymore of this shit.

Oct 27, 2017
The new CR should be able to reach a close to 100-0 veto proof majority, but with Bitch Mitch eagerly sucking the farts directly out of Trump's butthole I'm sure he wouldn't let that happen.
I mean, pretty clearly Cotton and Lee won't vote for it, and I expect show votes from likes of Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.