• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Like, maybe I'm just being a dick, but I feel like people ODing on heroin is a self correcting problem. Is anything of value being lost? In any case, attempts at restricting supply never work, people will just end up paying more to get their fix. Gotta cure the demand.
Welp, I see this thread is still filled with a bunch of lurkers who only exist to pounce on unpopular opinions with useless invective. Thanks to the couple who actually posted something constructive. Have a good night!

whiguyblink.gif

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I see this thread is still filled with a bunch of lurkers who only exist to pounce on unpopular opinions with useless invective. Thanks to the couple who actually posted something constructive. Have a good night!
legit don't recognize your name at all and probably greater than half my posts are in this thread

Oct 25, 2017
I read that quite differently. I think that poster is talking about white trash opioid addicts that are now all of a sudden getting the epidemic national attention because they are white. Typically voting against their self interests as Rs. That poster, to me, is implying more something like the inbred, fly over country, hicks that keep voting R against themselves ate getting their comeuppance and that it is justified and morally good because of Social Darwinism.

Sure, it's quite possible. In fact, I certainly admit that this is how I (reductively) think about it in my rage, but of course, white conservatives in flyover country aren't the only people affected by opiate addiction, and the responses from people are reflecting that truth.

Really, you should just slam those people for being racist and horrible without making an argument that implicates all drug addicts.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
It's never been controversial to say, "People all of a sudden want to be compassionate about drug addiction because a lot of the people dying are now white." That's a sad truth.

You can acknowledge the War on Drugs has just been an excuse to persecute people of color, seek to redress that problem through pot legalization and criminal justice reform among other solutions, and think that all drug addicts deserve help. These are not incompatible positions. What he said was pretty heartless.
I agree with everything you said. That post was ignorant shit. The person I quoted was framing that poster's arguments as if they were coming from right wing politicking when I read it more as someone who was saying "fuck ignorant Rs, they deserve it." That poster posted again tho, since I replied, and now I think my reading might have been the incorrect one.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, it's quite possible. In fact, I certainly admit that this is how I (reductively) think about it in my rage, but of course, white conservatives in flyover country aren't the only people affected by opiate addiction, and the responses from people are reflecting that truth.

Really, you should just slam those people for being racist and horrible without making an argument that implicates all drug addicts.
I'm not in flyover country and the opiate addicts I see every day are for sure not random racist white people.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

Totally agree. I think you might have been totally right tho after that poster's reply.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
/Lurker posts heartless shitpost

/regulars condemn them for being a heartless shitter

"Damn lurkers always dogpiling!"

Lul

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I once worked with a guy in his late 60's who got a call about how his computer was infected, believed him, went to a gas station to buy some weird gift cards the guy told him he had to pay with, and paid him with said gift cards. Boomers have way too much time on their hands and have very little social media and technology discipline and much less knowledge of how any of it works.

I read some time ago that the ability to think skeptically fades with age. Hence all the scams aimed at seniors.

It'll happen to us.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read some time ago that the ability to think skeptically fades with age. Hence all the scams aimed at seniors.

It'll happen to us.
Age is no joke and ive seen first hand the mental decline of someone that is brilliant in my family. It's like, they become more naive and gullible in old age, it's hard for them to know what is genuine and not. Some keep the sharpness, but there is a lot of research there on getting more word out on how to keep the mind sharp in old age.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
We can recognize a problem, agree there needs to a solution, even if it's something Trump wants. Doesn't mean we need to get down in the gutter with him like that previous poster did. Trump's approach is obviously incorrect and he's just using this example because it's popular with White voters. Drug abuse should be addressed on its own and not be used as a prop for a wall.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Thank God heroin tablets (drugs come in tablets right?) are too big to fit between slats. Cause otherwise the plan of making the wall tall enough to prevent them being thrown over would look preeeeeety stupid.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even necessarily "bad" doctors, but we don't let people just handle pain anymore. I guess out of fear of lawsuits or whatever, but sometimes it's better to tell patients to take an ibuprofen instead of giving them hardcore opioids to handle pain. My wife got a huge fucking bottle of above average dose Percocet after she had a tooth taken out. She doesn't have a high pain tolerance but she was fine with ibuprofen and ice packs (her medical anxiety worries her a lot about pills, so she was already hesitant to take those).

She didn't even ask for them. I was like "wow, does it hurt that bad?" when I saw them as part of the prescriptions I picked up for her, and she didn't know that was one of them. That shit is dangerous, but I assume her oral surgeon was covering their ass from either a lawsuit or a bad review or whatever. That needs to be reigned in.

There have been a bunch of articles about this, and your experience is pretty typical. Dentist's office are a major source of addictions, and doctors constantly prescribe opioids when NSAIDs would probably be sufficient. A big part of the reason is painkiller manufacturers lobbying doctors.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Ignoring that prescription opioids are the reason for the increase in heroin deaths (which weirdly have gone up even as we made the border more secure...) even if we stopped 90% of the heroin coming into this country, without actually taking major steps to solve opioid addiction all that would do is increase the cost of being an opioid addict, leading to a measurable increase in theft and prostitution etc.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
2 is a huuuuge improvement. not sure if it's 0 good but it's much better.
So I've heard. I actually have Kiwami 2 but I want to get Kiwami out of the way. It will be hard to top 0.

Kiwami is just straight a PS2 remake while 0 is completely batshit so ya
Yeah true. Although didn't they refine some things in the game outside of graphics? Not sure. You can definitely tell it's a PS2 game at the core though.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So I've heard. I actually have Kiwami 2 but I want to get Kiwami out of the way. It will be hard to top 0.

Yeah true. Although didn't they refine some things in the game outside of graphics? Not sure. You can definitely tell it's a PS2 game at the core though.

They added the bit where Majima is up your ass 24/7 and following you around so he can take you out

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Why is it that posters who make shitty, brain dead arguments quickly resort to

"welp, look at the clock, it's past my bedtime! God bless"

This is becoming more and more common. Then actually pull out some "you're all lurkers" shit lmao.

Progress!!
Though sometimes i post weird shit before going to sleep idk

Never eugenics victim blaming bs though

Status
Not open for further replies.