• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Today is...really mild

269ec072-a38e-4209-amvdbb.jpeg

Every time they close their eyes, they wake up feeling so horny. Can't get Jojo out of their mind

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got damb at AOC. Im on the AOC train full force because we have needed someone so vocal who doesnt take shit for so young. Someone to fight fire with fire but do it better

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe ya'll have seen this before but I found out about it for the first time today and it's kind of blowing my mind. This episode of the 1950s show Trackdown encapsulates our current situation perfectly. A conman named Trump promises imminent death and doom for a town unless he is given lots of money.

Video has a timestamp to the most relevant part but the scene right before that is also worth watching. Great lines from this episode include something we'd all like to hear: "You're under arrest, Trump."

Josh Marshall has been speculating that this is not a coincidence. By this time, Fred Trump had a reasonably high profile as a racist con man developer in his own right (Fred had appeared before congress four years before this episode to testify about how he'd ripped off a veteran's housing program, and even Woody Guthrie wrote a song bashing him as a racist), so it's not unreasonable to guess that this was an intentional reference, especially given a) how rare the surname "Trump" is, and b) how much the actor looks like Fred Trump. There's no direct proof, but I find it convincing.

Last edited:

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
(it's because he actually likes and respects her IRL, which is because she is dynamic, intelligent, cunning, and fuckin perfect in every way.)

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Burgess Everett @burgessev

GOP Sens. Portman and Moran introduce bill that has $25 billion in border security in exchange for temporary protections for Dreamers (Democrats, obviously, do not support this)

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, now a bunch of Twitterers who don't understand that Rorschach is a right-wing psycho with an untenable ethical code will be all up in her mentions, inspired to make new Rorschach/AOC/Democrats memes.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Josh Marshall has been speculating that this is not a coincidence. By this time, Fred Trump had a reasonably high profile as a racist con man developer in his own right (Fred had appeared before congress to explain how he'd ripped off veteran's housing program, and even Woody Guthrie write a song bashing him as a racist), so it's not unreasonable to guess that this was an intentional reference, especially given a) how rare the surname "Trump" is, and b) how much the actor looks like Fred Trump. There's no direct proof, but I find it convincing.
You know ever since that video started making the rounds I wondered if that's what the explanation was. A lot of folks don't know how notorious Fred was before his even worse son took his place.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think a temporary wall in exchange for temporary protection is a good compromise. We can put up a beaded curtain like Nancy suggested.

Nope. Courts have stopped the ending of DACA. Trump turned down 25 bil for protecting dreamers. He's not getting shit until after the govt opens and then it would have to be permanent protection and pathway to citizenship

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Nope. Courts have stopped the ending of DACA. Trump turned down 25 bil for protecting dreamers. He's not getting shit until after the govt opens and then it would have to be permanent protection and pathway to citizenship
It was a joke man lol, he's not getting shit.

I think this actually sank in for him days ago but he really painted himself badly into a corner and with that ego there's just no way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.