• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Y'all keep saying this, and it's tellikg the utter and complete lack of history that gets taught in America.

If you don't think white people will give up their very very last in order to oppress others, then you haven't been paying attention for the past 400 years.

LBJ has a quote about this attached to him for a reason.

Enough can change their minds to make a difference, like the Obama-Trump voters who were only Obama because they could see self-interest beyond racism.

Do you want those to be your marginal voters that decide victory? No, because as soon as you succeed in implementing policies to help them they'll turn on you, but in dark times, a win's a win.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017

For real, though. Centrists get the slightest taste of their own medicine I'm having intraparty enemies mess with their primaries and they become a bunch of wilting violets. This is how it's supposed to be done - work out your differences in the primaries and present a united front for the election and governing. AOC's not holding a grudge for the establishment support Crowley got in her primary, and centrists should be able to take it as well as give it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Steven Dennis @StevenTDennis

A Fox Outnumbered host just asked, twice, what if @AOC jumps into the 2020 race for president.

No one corrected her and noted she's not old enough to run under the Constitution.

They can't intimidate and bully her and it freaks them out.

I'm Gen-X but fuck those planned McMansion communities. #DowntownBaby

I'm one too and can't stand them either. I want to live in a log cabin right in the middle of 50 acres of woods.

Oct 26, 2017
anyone want to start a bet on poli era.

The number of days the governemnt shut down will go. losers have to wear avatar for the length of the government shut down days?

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Hope he's not tacitly admitting he thinks women aren't good fighters or "battle-tested", whatever he means.

They don't have Battle Damage™

Ntkn5eT.jpg

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
AOC can't run. But I sort of have a feeling she'll endorse someone right away and then tour the country campaigning with them so it'll sort of be like she is running. I don't see her holding back and dancing around like Obama (or warren; which tbh was a bad move on her part)

Also it'll probably be Bernie

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I wish that Michelle Obama did not hate politics so much, because the race would be over the second she announced for 2020. She would CRUSH Trump.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious and pathetic to me that Avenatti thinks trolling Trump on Twitter is the Presidential test he needs to pass to qualify for the most powerful position in the world. Try getting elected to the school board first, schmuck.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Ronna McDaniel @GOPChairwoman

Chuck & Nancy need to stop their political games & address the border crisis:

*1 in 3 migrant women are sexually assaulted on the journey northward

*50 illegal migrants a day are referred for emergency medical care

*CBP rescues 4,300 people a year who are in danger & distress

Greg Sargent @ThePlumLineGS

The WH is now forced to pretend they care about the humanitarian side because they're losing the public, which despite three months of propaganda demonizing the migrants as criminals and terrorists, properly understands this as a humanitarian crisis.
Susan Hennessey @Susan_Hennessey​
Setting aside the absolute gall required to pretend to be denying asylum-seekers right to claim asylum out of concern for their safety, there is no evidence that suggests Trump's ridiculous wall would alleviate any of these issues. https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1083801216579194880 …​

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
The shutdown is a disgrace but I'm secretly glad there wasn't a last-minute solution because "longest shutdown in history" is going to sound great in 2020 political ads.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Ronna McDaniel @GOPChairwoman

Chuck & Nancy need to stop their political games & address the border crisis:

*1 in 3 migrant women are sexually assaulted on the journey northward

*50 illegal migrants a day are referred for emergency medical care

*CBP rescues 4,300 people a year who are in danger & distress

Greg Sargent @ThePlumLineGS

The WH is now forced to pretend they care about the humanitarian side because they're losing the public, which despite three months of propaganda demonizing the migrants as criminals and terrorists, properly understands this as a humanitarian crisis.
Susan Hennessey @Susan_Hennessey​
Setting aside the absolute gall required to pretend to be denying asylum-seekers right to claim asylum out of concern for their safety, there is no evidence that suggests Trump's ridiculous wall would alleviate any of these issues. https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1083801216579194880 …​

Yup.

And a wall helps with none of these things. I don't see how a wall prevents people getting raped on their way to the border.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Worth remembering that almost every single one of the Siena polls asked the question, "Do you believe that undocumented immigrants are more likely to commit major crimes?" or something to that effect.

"Yes" didn't get a majority in ANY district they polled. The worst one was like 47-53 or something.

WaPo had a nationwide survey showing that only 33% of the public (ALWAYS) believed it.

It's not a winning argument. The public hasn't fallen for it.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
The shutdown is a disgrace but I'm secretly glad there wasn't a last-minute solution because "longest shutdown in history" is going to sound great in 2020 political ads.

List of achievements:

• Longest shutdown ever
• 3 shutdowns in half a term
• Failing at healthcare repeal
• Uh, tax cuts?

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
She would make a far better leader and she works for next to nothing.

So you're telling me she would stop accepting treats while 800K Federal workers aren't getting paid? I think not!

Thousands of strays are dying in the streets. Gangs are roaming around for innocents to prey upon, and yet she can afford a pink jacket, despite claiming she is a "dog of the people?" Typical neo-doge rhetoric.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly surprised by how quickly Trump's support is collapsing on the shutdown and how strong the Democrats have been holding the line. Granted, Trump is an especially terrible politician but it seems like the good guys have finally learned some hard lessons.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So you're telling me she would stop accepting treats while 800K Federal workers aren't getting paid? I think not!

Thousands of strays are dying in the streets. Gangs are roaming around for innocents to prey upon, and yet she can afford a pink jacket, despite claiming she is a "dog of the people?" Typical neo-doge rhetoric.

Honestly, Shibas would be Republicans.
I once had a behaviorist tell me to give her treats when my other Shiba was around so that she would associate him with good things. I said, that's not what's going to happen. She's going to think, "You know what would be even better than this? If he was dead and I got all the treats."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going be part of the story about why primarying a conservative Dem in Texas's 25th is going to be incredibly hard relative to a guy like Lipinski, who we can probably get knocked out over in Chicago eventually- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas's_28th_congressional_district

Ethnicity

15.09% White
4.02% Black
1.43% Asian
78.5% Hispanic
0.96% Native American
It's a D+9 district, but the social conservatism, Cuellar being in politics since 1987, and the majority-minority district are all intertwined here.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Surprising Everyone, Florida's New Republican Governor Orders Sweeping Environmental Reform

https://earther.gizmodo.com/surprising-everyone-florida-s-new-republican-governor-1831677388

On Thursday, Desantis signed an executive order to tackle the myriad environmental problems facing the state from toxic algae to sea level rise to Everglades degradation. He also asked for the resignation of all board members of Florida's most powerful water management district, which has come under fire for leasing parts of the Everglades needed for restoration to the sugar industry just after November's election.

The biggest ticket item on DeSantis' environmental executive order was to score $2.5 billion over the next four years for Everglades protection and restoration. Among the litany of other directives, the order also includes the creation of an algae task force to deal with the state's persistent toxic blooms, taking actions to "adamantly oppose" offshore drilling and fracking, and appointing a chief science officer and Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection "to help prepare Florida's coastal communities and habitats for impacts from sea level rise."

Encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.