• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Pence doesn't have his very own death cult, and he might be the least charismatic person in Washington. He'd be the lamest duck in history, and literally anyone would beat him in a general election.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this retweeted by Asha Rangappa (Former FBI Special Agent):

Leah McElrath @leahmcelrath

Russian oligarch, Putin ally, and Trump friend makes a thinly-veiled threat against SCOTUS Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg:

АРТЕМ КЛЮШИН @ARTEM_KLYUSHIN

Пришла пора выводить Рут Гинзбург из состава судей Верховного суда. Гинзбург, звезда либеральной юриспруденции, находится в Верховном суде уже 25 лет. Пора ей отдохнуть @realDonaldTrump

Google Translated:
operasnapshot_2019-01umcmd.png

Fuck this motherfucker. This better be investigated.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. She's in no position to be doing something like that, and it would look terrible for the rest of her career if she gave anyone part of her infinite momentum who then didn't win the presidency. Does her opinion matter? Of course. But kingmakers have to earn reputations first. She'd be giving an endorsement as a social media figure and not a politician, in other words. Basically a liberal version of a Trump endorsement.

The presidential primary is one of those times where it'd be best for her to just keep her head down for awhile and let the party sort it out. The last thing anyone here should want her to turn in to is someone who shoves her face into every nook and cranny to offer endless takes. They won't always be good.

You would not have posted this if she was likely to endorse Beto and not Bernie, so let's not pretend the concern is about whether or not she's in a position to endorse a primary candidate.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Is tulsi for real? What a waste of money. Now the primary will be full of other losers.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see the point in Tulsi running, Trump is one of the most popular republican presidents ever, whats her strategy to beat him in a primary?

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How likely is that white house knew the NYT was going to drop the biggest bomb in 2 years, and Shutdown is a strategy to distract from it?

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
None of these removal scenarios include the likely possibility that he's an active Russian agent.

You gonna stop a burglar/murder/kidnapper in process by indicting him? No. Needs to be apprehended first.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All it's going to take is the ATCs walking off the job or an airline crash and Trump is done.
I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. No one needs a horrible tragedy even if it means the shitfuck foregoes his stupid wall demand. I am certain the airports will take stock and start closing down terminals. The airline industry/lobbyists will start hounding the white house, if not already.

Honestly I don't even think the money is for a wall anymore I think he's trying to pay down some old loans because wtf

I would honestly investigate the companies building wall prototypes to check for russian connections at this point.

It feels like there's no way five billion is going to be spent on anything that actually gets built. More like Trump in his cartoon brain thinks it would be a simple process to launder it out of the country and nobody would ever notice.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't aware of this detail. Same meeting where he leaked intelligence and said firing Comey relieved pressure.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking. Mattis resigned and planned to stay on until February. Cohen is testifying publicly before a democratic congress in February. Reporting saying final report from SC in March, with things wrapping off in February.

I see a pattern of events playing out in February. It's gonna be lit.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
The GOP can pivot to Haley and Walker as a "return to decency", and Cruz can at least guarantee them Texas.
I think, or at least hope, that the absence of Trump's massive persona will create both a schism within the party between those that approve of his ideas and those who are ready to move on and also will leave many of his supporters without a similar attractive option to him. Haley and Walker have the combined personality of watching an orange spray tan drying.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neera Tanden has been lighting Tulsi and her stooges on Twitter

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If we were stunned by this report (and we were), they were completely flabbergasted. All his moves to stop the FBI or DOJ from functioning in this area haven't worked.
But didn't Rudy recently said that the Mueller report is going to be horrific? It seems they sort of know how deep the rabbit hole is.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He keeps doing this "COME BACK AND MAKE A DEAL AT THE TABLE!" routine. What deal? I asked this before but literally all the GOP offers is "give us everything we demand and then the government will be opened". That's extortion, or a hostage situation, not a deal.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He keeps doing this "COME BACK AND MAKE A DEAL AT THE TABLE!" routine. What deal? I asked this before but literally all the GOP offers is "give us everything we demand and then the government will be opened". That's extortion, or a hostage situation, not a deal.
It's just PR. He knows he can't make a deal. So when the lawmakers go back to their districts for a break or on weekends, he uses that opportunity to make it look like he's serious and hard-working whereas the Democrats are not serious.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking. Mattis resigned and planned to stay on until February. Cohen is testifying publicly before a democratic congress in February. Reporting saying final report from SC in March, with things wrapping off in February.

I see a pattern of events playing out in February. It's gonna be lit.

I don't see how Mueller wraps anything up when they haven't even indicted Roger Stone's associate yet, let alone Stone, let alone Don Jr/Kush/Trump.

Unless someone stops him from working, this should go well past March.

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
It's a business technique

To expand on this, Trump comes from the construction and real estate world. In commercial construction, a general contractor will send out projects to be bid on by subcontractors. Concrete, steel, plumbing, electrical and so on. They then choose each sub and add up all the bid costs, add in their own cost and put the price to the client. There may or may not be multiple general contractors putting together a bid package. Sometimes a general contractor will have a budget (I have no idea why...maybe they estimate the price and that's what they charge the client but either way it's incredibly stupid) and when they receive bids from all the subs, they try to beat the subs up for lower prices. Anyway, this is all done long before the job even starts, especially on a new build. So the general contractor, the subs, and the client all sign contracts outlining what will be provided and for what cost. So, the deal is already made. Now everyone has to do their best to live up to the contract. Some contractors are good. Many are horrible. My experience is in millwork, so finish work that comes at the end of the job. Cabinets, custom woodwork, etc. There are always delays in projects, but the finish date pretty much never moves. So those of us that come in at the end of a project get fucked so much. Contractors call multiple times a day yelling, send someone to our office/shop. Send out threatening emails to do liquidated damages and 72 or 48 hour notices for completion of the job. This sometimes happens within a week of the framing being completed, which we need to measure before building so our stuff fits properly. It's a lot of bullshit.

Essentially what it comes down to is that the deal is already made. And as the client, you have a lot of power to threaten the GC and subs over paying and breach of contract. Trump is the client and it's why he is a complete asshole in his "negotiating." He's never truly negotiated anything complicated.

In real estate all you have to agree on is a price. You have something you want to sell. A buyer comes forward and you negotiate price. At the end of the day, both parties want the same exact outcome. Now Trump is in a situation where each party does not want the same outcome and he has no idea how to handle it.

How does a wall solve a humanitarian crisis again?

I guess it keeps the crisis in Mexico? Build the wall, no more humanitarian crisis for us. Also if you build a solid wall you can't see the crisis on the other side. Out of sight out of mind.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Shiba5, how bad is your shedding? I have a frenchie and he sheds like a mofo. I didn't realize it before I got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.