• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Also, Kamala isn't black, doesn't have a black American experience at all, has never made any substantive steps towards helping the black community, nothing.

All skinfolk ain't kinfolk, we don't operate the way white supremacy and the GOP do. If you want people to overlook you working for your enemy she can always run as a Green Party candidate.

Edit: I also call Obama biracial and not black because he doesn't have 2 black parents nor was his formative years one that virtually no other black person could identify with at all. He has a uniquely biracial experience, regardless of that stupid ass one drop rule (that only seeks to push people into blackness and forces black people to accept folks who don't even want to be black nor see themselves as black, until they accomplish some shit then it's "ehhh well it's probably the non black side that made that incredible thing happen").

Michelle Obama is black. Hell she grew up down the street from my black ass mama. Barack is biracial. This ain't rocket science folks.
This stuff makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, because you know that racists will treat Kamala as if she's black, just as they did Barack.

Hell, I've seen racist white people rail on Harris because she's tried to get black criminals off of the death penalty.

Nov 30, 2017
lmfao what the hell is the black american experience? Are black folk who grow up middle class and go to white schools also denied this "experience"? what about black folk who've lived here forever with immigrant parents?

This rabbit hole is deep and doesn't quite make much sense.

Those who know, know. Those who don't, don't.

I think ones reaction to hearing "Cash Money Records takin over for the 99 and 2000" can give a satisfactory answer to your question.

This stuff makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, because you know that racists will treat Kamala as if she's black, just as they did Barack.

Hell, I've seen racist white people rail on Harris because she's tried to get black criminals off of the death penalty.

Oh no one informed me that black folks decisions on how to treat people and vote should factor in what terrible white people think. Dah well.

And no, she defended the death penalty and called the it being ruled unconstitutional as "flawed".

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-death-penalty-appeal-20140821-story.html

Try again.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Oh no one informed me that black folks decisions on how to treat people and vote should factor in what terrible white people think. Dah well.

And no, she defended the death penalty and called the it being ruled unconstitutional as "flawed".

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-death-penalty-appeal-20140821-story.html

Try again.
If you can't empathize with the experience of someone who has suffered racism, I'm not sure what to say.

And yes, she has fought to spare convicted criminals of the death penalty, and I have seen racists complaining about it on social media:

sure83k1y.jpg

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett

.@PressSec responds to the @washingtonpost report alleging that @realDonaldTrump has hidden the details of his Putin conversations from senior White House officials

dwwp6hhxcaaw080ahjl5.jpg

Oct 25, 2017

I think ones reaction to hearing "Cash Money Records takin over for the 99 and 2000" can give a satisfactory answer to your question.
I mean, beyond black twitter threads-esque reduction, many black americans don't share this experience. I lived an upper middle class life attending private schools, so the narrative people carry around about "true black people grew up in the hood!" is kinda just stupid. There's really no one way to be anything.

Denying people of their own identity (not talking about people shoving it onto people) will never make sense.

Nov 30, 2017
If you can't empathize with the experience of someone who has suffered racism, I'm not sure what to say.

And yes, she has fought to spare convicted criminals of the death penalty, and I have seen racists complaining about it on social media:

sure83k1y.jpg

Oh so since she's experienced racism I'm supposed to ignore the fact that she's operated against the black community for years?

Fuck outta here with this liberal white nonsense fam. It wasn't your community she was sending heavily armed cops into and locking up folks for non-violent drug offenses.

ALL SKINFOLK AINT KINFOLK. We don't operate the way whiteness does, and the fact that it's 2019 and y'all don't understand that and haven't dismantled whiteness yet is why no one but y'all and black folks who only know that she's black and a senator are going. As soon as anyone learns her record it's a hard pass, as evidenced by that twitter thread full of black people giving her a hard fuckin no.

You not about to convince black folks to vote for a fed that locked up more black folks than her predecessor as AG and had Republicans running to the left of her on issues. Just not happening. If anything, it's wild racist that you would assume black people should back her because she's black and that we shouldn't look at her polices that clearly benefit people like who she chose to marry (see how it all ties in?).

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Try again.
So knowing the intro to Back That Azz Up means I'm black now? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Nov 30, 2017
I mean, beyond black twitter threads-esque reduction, many black americans don't share this experience. I lived an upper middle class life attending private schools, so the narrative people carry around about "true black people grew up in the hood!" is kinda just stupid. There's really no one way to be anything.

Denying people of their own identity (not talking about people shoving it onto people) will never make sense.

The fact that you feel this strongly about it even though I never once said:

- you weren't black
- the only real black people live in the hood
- you're not black if you went to private schools

Because the part of Barack's upbringing most black folks can't identify with is:

- having a white mother
- traveling worldwide

so your reaction about schools and neighborhoods means you have some personal demons you need to work out about your relationship to your own blackness that has nothing to do with this conversation. You're just triggered because someone who has never been for black people no wants our support and you're feeling like you might be cast out the same way because you have complicated feelings around embracing your blackness.

Don't respond to this copping pleas about how you were teased by black people about being black and that's why you feel a way. I don't care, it's 2019, most teasing, like crime, happens intraracially, so whine about it to a therapist or to your white friends, I frankly don't care that you haven't learned to love yourself yet tbh.

Nov 30, 2017
That poster has been overly antagonistic to people in this thread for a while, because apparently they are a singular authority on what they are passionate about.

Tell me when I said I was the singular authority on anything?

Please quote it. Also tagging black posters that talk about things that directly affect the black community that's a known activist as "antagonistic" is basically the "angry black man" argument, so welcome to being ignored for your diet racism.

So knowing the intro to Back That Azz Up means I'm black now? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Like I said, if you know, you know.

Oct 25, 2017

- you weren't black

Because the part of Barack's upbringing most black folks can't identify with is:

- having a white mother
- traveling worldwide

so your reaction about schools and neighborhoods means you have some personal demons you need to work out about your relationship to your own blackness that has nothing to do with this conversation. You're just triggered because someone who has never been for black people no wants our support and you're feeling like you might be cast out the same way because you have complicated feelings around embracing your blackness.

Don't respond to this copping pleas about how you were teased by black people about being black and that's why you feel a way. I don't care, it's 2019, most teasing, like crime, happens intraracially, so whine about it to a therapist or to your white friends, I frankly don't care that you haven't learned to love yourself yet tbh.
this is all patently wrong. You talked about Barack's experience growing up differing from the black american experience significantly, which assumes there's some sort of specific black american experience at all. which is also just stupid.

I've embraced my blackness and lead one of the largest black non greek organizations at my university. Keep your unbridled hotep rage to yourself.

anyways, whew

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- you weren't black

- having a white mother
- traveling worldwide

What a dick

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I finally realised why Trump was so focused on Steel Slats. He probably found out Democrats were a little more willing to deal if it was something they could say isn't the wall, and steel slats technically might be counted by fact checkers as a barrier instead of a wall, and he confused it to mean Democrats like steel slats and don't like concrete and so he advertised the steel slats as the wall so hard that he destroyed any political cover they may have provided as part of a deal.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I finally realised why Trump was so focused on Steel Slats. He probably found out Democrats were a little more willing to deal if it was something they could say isn't the wall, and steel slats technically might be counted by fact checkers as a barrier instead of a wall, and he confused it to mean Democrats like steel slats and don't like concrete and so he advertised the steel slats as the wall so hard that he destroyed any political cover they may have provided as part of a deal.
Or he thought Dems were like him who would be fine with a wall as long as they could say it's not a wall.

Nov 30, 2017
Fantastic rebuttal.

Have anything else to add, or should I keep coddling people that keep pressing the "b-b-b-But why won't black people vote for Kamala???" issue when it's been explained why she has about as much chance as Tulsi Gabbard and is bad for black people.

Y'all don't listen and then you get mad when it's explained to you why.
TIL my kid can't be black because his mom will be white.

LMAO

Why would you want your child to identify with an experience they won't have if their mother is white? Why are you against them being what they actually are, which is biracial?

Im white, my ex wife is black, apparently my daughter wont have a black experience and isnt going to be treated as black by many white folks and the society we live in.

Having black experiences =\= having the black experience, Shaun King. But good way in twisting what I said, I see why you're divorced.

(Now THAT was me being a dick).

Oct 25, 2017
this is the stupidest sentence in this thread. congrats
bM1XaGG.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao what the hell is the black american experience? Are black folk who grow up middle class and go to white schools also denied this "experience"? what about black folk who've lived here forever with immigrant parents?

This rabbit hole is deep and doesn't quite make much sense.

Yeah, if you have a black parent, you have been treated as black, and you identify as black, you are black. Trying to section it off any other way makes no sense to me.

Which makes Harris's past as a cop MORE troubling, IMO, as I expect more from her in that area. She should know better.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Oh so since she's experienced racism I'm supposed to ignore the fact that she's operated against the black community for years?

Fuck outta here with this liberal white nonsense fam. It wasn't your community she was sending heavily armed cops into and locking up folks for non-violent drug offenses.

ALL SKINFOLK AINT KINFOLK. We don't operate the way whiteness does, and the fact that it's 2019 and y'all don't understand that and haven't dismantled whiteness yet is why no one but y'all and black folks who only know that she's black and a senator are going. As soon as anyone learns her record it's a hard pass, as evidenced by that twitter thread full of black people giving her a hard fuckin no.

You not about to convince black folks to vote for a fed that locked up more black folks than her predecessor as AG and had Republicans running to the left of her on issues. Just not happening. If anything, it's wild racist that you would assume black people should back her because she's black and that we shouldn't look at her polices that clearly benefit people like who she chose to marry (see how it all ties in?).

I'll ask again, who in the Democratic field has the balls, the credibility, or the knowledge to attack her on these issues?

In reality, women of color back Kamala Harris overwhelmingly over any other Democratic hopeful.

https://www.shethepeople.org/poll

We can talk about her issues with civil liberties and the inconsistencies with her recent messaging and all of her decisions as AG, either real or imagined. (She never said the labor pool thing, BTW.)

You and Charlemagne are on the wrong path bringing up her race in that light. You'll only have your own community turn on you. And that is the last thing either you or I want to see as a result of the primaries.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Also, Kamala isn't black, doesn't have a black American experience at all, has never made any substantive steps towards helping the black community, nothing.

All skinfolk ain't kinfolk, we don't operate the way white supremacy and the GOP do. If you want people to overlook you working for your enemy she can always run as a Green Party candidate.
How do you say she isn't black and then say all skinfolk ain't kinfolk? You do know what that phrase means, right?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

I think you need to take a look at what I actually wrote again, because I haven't told anyone to support Kamala.

I get it. You don't like her because of things she has done. That doesn't change what I've seen said about her on social media. That doesn't change that she is far too black for Donald Trump and his ilk.

Racists don't see the differences you do. Because they just see that she isn't white, and that's why I don't think its a good idea to claim she isn't black.

The people in power who want to put their foot on the neck of every black person in this country say she is. Hell. She might wish they didn't see her as black but it doesn't change that they do. Society will hand her most of the same disadvantages it hands all black people.

Black people will vote for the candidate that will best represent them in Washington, like they always do. I don't pretend to know who that is just yet.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Being biracial but also identifying as black isn't mutually exclusive. We travel a shitton too, that seals it!

I also made zero statements on how I'll "make" anyone identify. That bridge will be crossed when we get there.

Oct 25, 2017
this is all patently wrong. You talked about Barack's experience growing up differing from the black american experience significantly, which assumes there's some sort of specific black american experience at all. which is also just stupid.

I've embraced my blackness and lead one of the largest black non greek organizations at my university. Keep your unbridled hotep rage to yourself.

anyways, whew

"If you won't look the mirror, people will do it for you."

Damn, that's a line.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad because I think the complexity of racial identity and multiracial people is a subject with a lot of depth that deserves discussion and sharing of experiences but instead a crazy person shit all over it

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic rebuttal.

Have anything else to add, or should I keep coddling people that keep pressing the "b-b-b-But why won't black people vote for Kamala???" issue when it's been explained why she has about as much chance as Tulsi Gabbard and is bad for black people.

Y'all don't listen and then you get mad when it's explained to you why.

Why would you want your child to identify with an experience they won't have if their mother is white? Why are you against them being what they actually are, which is biracial?

Having black experiences =\= having the black experience, Shaun King. But good way in twisting what I said, I see why you're divorced.

(Now THAT was me being a dick).

Except my feelings arent affected by people who are dicks especially on a forum. Calling a spade a spade is simply that. So try to mention my divorce if you like. You can feel how you want about Kamala or anyother candidate, when you start arguing that Obama isn't REALLY black in the backdrop of American society in the last 200 years, well, good luck bud.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't dispute anything I said, so thanks for playing cornball.

Its like you know you can't attack me on the actual issue of Kamala being bad for black people, sex workers, and poor people, so you attack me.

Is this what AOC feels like?
Unfortunately for you, I wasn't even defending Kamala. Your post is just fundamentally fucking dumb. The fact you can't even tell us what the Black American Experience ™️ is beyond some Juvenile lyrics. Your straight black hoteppery is shining.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Say what you will about Julian Castro (I don't think he has a chance in hell and he should run for state office in Texas first and help build the party up), but I'd rather vote for him over fucking Tulsi eight days out of the week.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing i worry about AOC is burnout. She is doing a lot in a short time, even though its all great, that type of thing can backfire big especially when you have the first big fuckup. And im talking about the media attention, not policy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.