• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I think Lindsay is looking pretty good in a GOP primary if he ever decides to run again tbh

It's like people forget he ran last cycle. Dude is ambitious.

I remember Al Franken saying to him "hey if I was going to vote for anyone in this cycle Lindsay I'd vote for you".. to which he said "well I know and that's my problem"

But he seems to have fixed that

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Are we really doing this? Doing a "but not ALL ___________!" thing?

I mean we see this time and again.
- "53% of white women voted for Trump" > "White women are terrible" > "Not all white women! Don't generalize!"
- "X% of men think saying no doesn't necessarily mean no" > "Ugh men are the worst" > "Not all men! Don't generalize!"
etc etc etc etc

I think it seems pretty implied that the person is not actually condemning the entire group, but we still do this back and forth every time

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I think Lindsay is looking pretty good in a GOP primary if he ever decides to run again tbh

It's like people forget he ran last cycle. Dude is ambitious.
It's certainly a better bet than acting like a moderate. Of course, if Trump loses in 2020, he can just rerun in future Republican primaries.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly a better bet than acting like a moderate. Of course, if Trump loses in 2020, he can just rerun in future Republican primaries.
Yup

We should just call him senator Starscream. He doesn't give two shits about Trump and his new found friendship is just him trying to make a powergrab for himself

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
You know, something about Lindsays abrupt turn to loving Trump can be explained a hundred ways. However, its stuff like this that almost has me thinking he wants Trump to do this stuff because he knows it will actually hurt him. Maybe his best friend McCain told him to get in Trumps good graces and sabotage him from within. Maybe Graham was a double agent all this time. I'm 99.9% sure Graham is not as noble as that, and just wants to keep his senate seat, but it would make a fascinating bit of history.
He's old. He's alone. All his other chances are gone.

His behavior is easily explainable. He wants so desperately to be in the inner circle, to be part of the club, that he'll say anything to try to get there. He thinks this is his "in" to finally get a seat at the table, to get some respect, and he's going to work it for all he's worth. No more tables for 1 at Applebees.

It's pathetic, and sad.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
You know, something about Lindsays abrupt turn to loving Trump can be explained a hundred ways. However, its stuff like this that almost has me thinking he wants Trump to do this stuff because he knows it will actually hurt him. Maybe his best friend McCain told him to get in Trumps good graces and sabotage him from within. Maybe Graham was a double agent all this time. I'm 99.9% sure Graham is not as noble as that, and just wants to keep his senate seat, but it would make a fascinating bit of history.

This song pretty much explains it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
He's old. He's alone. All his other chances are gone.

His behavior is easily explainable. He wants so desperately to be in the inner circle, to be part of the club, that he'll say anything to try to get there. He thinks this is his "in" to finally get a seat at the table, to get some respect, and he's going to work it for all he's worth. No more tables for 1 at Applebees.

It's pathetic, and sad.

And voters in SC seem to want exactly this. The state is showing its true colors just as Lindsey has.

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Reading about the German ambassador got me thinking about all the German/Swiss speaking Amish and Mennonite communities in the US.

The evolution and divergence of the dialects they still speak to this day is fascinating. The social isolation of these communities keeping their German/Swiss dialects alive while everyone else gradually transitioned to English in the US is fun to think about. Only among the families that break away does the language lose its primary.

And interestingly enough the creator of the Simpsons, Matt Groening, his father Homer was a native Pennsylvania Dutch speaker, but Matt never learned it. If I had the time (or probably more importantly the money) I would love to spend time in these communities and document their lives and histories.

They're fascinating but also pretty bad people in a lot of ways. Arch-conservative to an almost parodic degree, staunchly Republican and known for being cruel to animals (many puppy mills in Pennsylvania were run by the Amish).

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching hardball on MSNBC, lol at Ted Cruz in a big tan jacket and his beard nodding along but you can still tell he doesn't buy it. "A lot of death if we don't have a wall." Eyeroll and a nod from lyin Ted.

Feb 14, 2018

This was hours ago but I have to come back to it because it's the main argument Republicans are making against the "national emergency" plan, and it exposes their betrayal of the rule of law. In short, they're admitting that it is illegal to do this — unless Trump does it, which would make it legal, thereby allowing Democrats to do it in the future.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

Elizabeth Warren - @ewarren: On this day 75 years ago, President Franklin D. Roosevelt made a declaration about the rights that all Americans deserve. The fight to guarantee these rights for every American remains unfinished. Now it's up to all of us.

Yaassss let's finish 2nd bill of rights!

Also, LOL tulsi, bye.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017

Early this month, at a negotiating session in the White House Situation Room, Mr. Trump and his team said Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, at the time on the eve of her election to the top post, would be more willing to give in on the wall once the vote was behind her. But with the gavel in hand and an energized new class of liberal Democrats enthusiastically supporting her, Ms. Pelosi only dug in.
.....why would they think this?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Healthcare and education actually are national emergencies. Who wants to reroute budget to pay off my student loans?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
And voters in SC seem to want exactly this. The state is showing its true colors just as Lindsey has.
His seat was probably never in real jeopardy, and keeping it wouldn't have required he debase himself to this degree.

This is all about him trying to seize what he feels is an opportunity to be one of the chosen ones. To be on the inside for once in his life.

It would be pitiable if it weren't so destructive and harmful.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Just seems really dumb considering Dem turnout was so high explicitly as a referendum on Trump and to be a check on him.
Well not just that, Trump made the midterms a referendum on immigration and got destroyed (in the House at least). Most politicians would have learned something from that but I forget that Trump isn't a politician... or capable of learning.

Oct 25, 2017
The gay community is intensely racist to asians and black people. Also a heavy dose of misogynoir towards black women.

this is not a stereotype

Like, you haven't seen overt racism in a general dating space until you've interacted with the community. Some of the shit some white gay men have on their profiles is reddit tier racism.

Last edited:

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Just seems really dumb considering Dem turnout was so high explicitly as a referendum on Trump and to be a check on him.
Eh, that's not them being dumb that's just their long-held belief that only the policy preferences of "real" americans matter. They don't believe in democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.