• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
so cute...

I think shibas are supposed to be among the worst, but there are a lot of shorter haired dogs that are surprising at first.
Npmd7eo.jpg

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
This shutdown just became illegal, a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the moment the government failed to pay excepted workers last night. This is based on a 2014 Federal court ruling. The Federal government will not only have to pay these workers (obviously), but will have to pay substantial penalties and bonus pay to any one of them who joins what are sure to be several class action lawsuits in the coming weeks. This is in addition to:
  • paying hundreds of thousands of furloughed workers not to work
  • the costs associated with all the work that was not done, to include ramp down/ramp up costs for government projects, etc.
  • the accumulation of additional financial liability due to leave taken by employees taken during the shutdown that affected employees will not lose
So, how many millions of taxpayer dollars pissed away is that I wonder? I also heard a rumor that excepted Feds will not be given any Federal holidays off either, to include MLK Day next Monday, since doing so would be considered "taking leave" and immediately put them in furlough status. So later they will have to be paid double time for that as well, which is more money wasted.

The money he wants for the wall will now have to go to pay the penalties for not paying furloughed workers.
What a fucking moron!

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I have too much carpet in my house to have a dog. I feel honor bound to get a dog eventually though, but it will have to wait until we put hardwood floors down.
Let me tell you I have BEAUTIFUL (like the best, believe me) hardwood floors and seeing the scratches my dogs leave is so painful. I'd rather have to sit in a puddle of carpet piss.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
In more local news, Texas governor Abbott has been threatening to replace members of the Houston ISD board of trustees for their refusal to allow outside organizations to fund failing schools (likely to turn them into private schools).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kh...and-how-would-it-work&contentId=285-626217991

Part of what the state legislature has been focusing on is school financing. My guess is with the complete loss of Republican control of Harris County in 2018, the state government has been given incentive to be more hostile towards the county.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Shiba5, how bad is your shedding? I have a frenchie and he sheds like a mofo. I didn't realize it before I got him.

I'll put it this way, when one of them blows coat, I can make 2-3 more dogs out of the accumulated fur. They are double coated and the inner coat has these squiggly hairs that attach to everything.
That said, they don't shed too bad in between blows, if they're brushed, but they blow coat twice a year.
I also feed mine frozen raw which also cuts down on the shedding.

Edit: Aw, such a cute Frenchie!

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
In a just universe, a president found to be a Russian agent would not only be imprisoned, but his pick for Vice President would not be allowed to assume office, and any picks he made for high ranking positions such as Supreme Court Justices would be revoked.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
In more local news, Texas governor Abbott has been threatening to replace members of the Houston ISD board of trustees for their refusal to allow outside organizations to fund failing schools (likely to turn them into private schools).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=education&headline=hisd-takeover-threat-why-is-it-happening-and-how-would-it-work&contentId=285-626217991

Part of what the state legislature has been focusing on is school financing. My guess is with the complete loss of Republican control of Harris County in 2018, the state government has been given incentive to be more hostile towards the county.

God I fucking hate Abbott. Acting like a fucking thug after Beto took Harris county and gave us a lot of down-ballot magic. More proof Republicans don't actually give a fuck about big government overreach when it lines their pockets or lets them roll around in some good ol' racism.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most unhinged Trump rant since like... August? July?

But anyway, I'm allergic to dogs but only certain ones. Like one side of my family has a lab that makes me sneezy, but only a little sneezy, but the other side has a chow which never set me off at all. And then like random hybrid dogs can send me into a sneezing fit. I need to create a sneeze matrix so I know what dogs I can get.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.khou.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=education&headline=hisd-takeover-threat-why-is-it-happening-and-how-would-it-work&contentId=285-626217991

I'd argue it's the main political tension in Texas right now. Still too red to have Democrats really compete on their ideals at the state level, the tension is between the state government representing the conservative majority and the deepening-blue big cities who are driving the state's prosperity wanting to at least reflect their values locally. It's the Dems' best avenue of attack right now. The big Texas businesses need places like Houston to be attractive and so would push back against the GOP trying to go too retrograde because then they would lose workers to blue states. That battle will take place between the state and local governments until the groundswell grows to threaten the state itself.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
I'd argue it's the main political tension in Texas right now. Still too red to have Democrats really compete on their ideals at the state level, the tension is between the state government representing the conservative majority and the deepening-blue big cities who are driving the state's prosperity wanting to at least reflect their values locally. It's the Dems' best avenue of attack right now. The big Texas businesses need places like Houston to be attractive and so would push back against the GOP trying to go too retrograde because then they would lose workers to blue states. That battle will take place between the state and local governments until the groundswell grows to threaten the state itself.
That's where NC is at too.

Oct 25, 2017
The thing with Tulsi Gabbard is that she is popular with the far right and white supremacists while also being popular with far left tankies.

She is the actual embodiment of horseshoe theory.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Texas will go blue around 2030 never to return red. Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and DFW are growing so fast and will add several million people that vote liberal 65+% of the time while your old country towns with ranches and oil are stagnant. Beto got people out to vote and showed how close it is to purple. I'd say 2022 it's a swing state and 2030 light blue.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
That's where NC is at too.

North Carolina is actually at the point where Democrats can strive statewide. The system's just been very badly rigged by the GOP so the state looks much worse than it is. They elected a Democrat statewide the same year as re-electing Burr and voting Trump. The state is ripe for change while Texas isn't there yet.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Walls closing in. Don't know if they can finish closing in before the country burns to the ground.

Oct 28, 2017
Man, did he see some bad polls for himself or something? He's lost it entirely.

None of the polls about the shutdown are good for Trump so I wouldn't be surprised if they're desperate to turn the tide around.

If this NPR/Ipsos poll from two days ago is to be trusted, 58% of Republicans think the shutdown is embarrassing for the country and only 58% of Republicans think the shutdown should continue until a wall is funded. Those are absolutely trash numbers.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
North Carolina is actually at the point where Democrats can strive statewide. The system's just been very badly rigged by the GOP so the state looks much worse than it is. They elected a Democrat statewide the same year as re-electing Burr and voting Trump. The state is ripe for change while Texas isn't there yet.
Hmmm, I suppose that's true. D Governor (though a beloved AG prior so that helped) just barely, Anita Earls getting elected (and the court being D majority), breaking super in both legislatures -- here's hoping it keeps rolling. Tillis is definitely vulnerable, Burr a bit less so.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Hmmm, I suppose that's true. D Governor (though a beloved AG prior so that helped) just barely, Anita Earls getting elected (and the court being D majority), breaking super in both legislatures -- here's hoping it keeps rolling. Tillis is definitely vulnerable, Burr a bit less so.
Burr's probably gonna retire at the end of his term

I'm confident Jeff Jackson can beat Tillis. Plz run Jeff.

I just got shivers thinking about which asshole they'll put up for Senate when Burr retires

Nov 30, 2017
If we had a black man that was president and an agent of Sudan or Iran and he shut down the government intentionally, weakening national defense, they would have already tried and hung him for treason in the rose garden.

The only reason this shutdown is still happening because this is one of the last gasps of overt white supremacy.

White people will allow the whole system to burn down before getting rid of white supremacy, and we are seeing it in action.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Burr's probably gonna retire at the end of his term

I'm confident Jeff Jackson can beat Tillis. Plz run Jeff.

I just got shivers thinking about which asshole they'll put up for Senate when Burr retires
It'll be one of the R leaders in the State legislature I bet, ugh.
North Carolina going blue will make up for Obio being forever fucked.
Ohio is like a reverse NC, people leaving the cities for other states? Sad to see but luckily will continue to lose representatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.