• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
If rashida apologizes I'm done with ha. If Nancy pecongresslosi Congress condemns ha then duck her.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Fox does a lot of fucked up shit but man, this feels really fucked up on another level.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
This is why Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House. She offered constructive criticism while calling out hypocrisy at the same time. And she did this without throwing Rashida under the bus.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Acceptable responses to concern trolling re Rashida:
  • I agree with her
  • It could have been more artfully stated
  • It should be set to music
  • shout it from the fuckin rooftops
  • it's not like she said to grab someone by the pussy
  • it's not like she made fun of the disabled, despite what you think of him
  • it's not like she put children in concentration camps
  • it's not like she called all Mexicans rapists and murderers
  • it's not like she is an actual fuckin Russian agent
  • it's not like she is stealing money from the American people as we speak
  • it's not like she is covering for the murder of a journalist by a despot
  • it's not like she's being tricked by autocrats around the world
  • it's not like she has an incestuous daughter fetish
  • it's not like she's a russian mob lackey laundering money for child sex slave profits
  • i could go on, but
  • we ARE gonna impeach that motherfucker.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Hi PoliEra I've posted in here before and I've made a introduction before but I'm gonna try and be a more active member of this community if that's ok with you guys. I mostly lurk but I find myself wanting more like minded people to discuss politics with. So nice to meet everyone!

Oct 25, 2017
tbh I loved when Beto said "I'm so fucking proud of y'all" and I loved when Rashida said it last night.

I'm happy the country is getting over being a nanny state. More f bombs on tv please

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
I like to believe that if we can just survive until the boomers die off things will be ok, but I know there are more than enough trash X'ers and millennials to take up that flag.

Yeah, we can't just be complacent and wait for the bad people to die off anymore. 2016 taught us that. Fascism will remain an enormous threat until we can completely dismantle their propaganda machine and remove them from the levers of power forever.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I may not agree with Pelosi's policy positions, but man she's an excellent politician - she got the GOP to make concessions to her while she was in the minority and her political play since the Midterms has been spot-on.

There is no way Trump or the GOP outsmart her.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Impeachment just requires a house majority, seems pretty likely.

Wonder when that process will seriously start.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Such bulllshit. We had admitted angry white man Lindsay Graham calling stuff bullshit on TV. She said nothing but the truth. The murherfucker needs to be impeached.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
tbh I loved when Beto said "I'm so fucking proud of y'all" and I loved when Rashida said it last night.

I'm happy the country is getting over being a nanny state. More f bombs on tv please

I can absolutely get behind this.

If you're paying attention to this, you're an adult. We can hear bad words without our heads exploding.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The public will have to impeach Trump.

Right. I would love nothing more than to see the Mueller investigations/other various scandals completely destroy Trump, his family, and by extension the GOP who sat by and watched it all happen. That's an acceptable alternative to seeing him removed from office... But man, if there's one person who deserves impeachment it's this fucker.

For 2020, what are our chances for keeping the House? Still good?

Way too early to read the tea leaves. We'll have to see what the next 1.5 years brings... If the Mueller investigations suggest that he's a criminal who is trying to undermine our democracy with aid of foreign hostile entities, I would imagine the chances are excellent.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Trump cursed during the debates (granted it was lighter stuff like "damn" and "hell") but there's a brazen hypocrisy about getting mad at the f-bomb when he's called countries shitholes and talked about grabbing women by the pussy.

But of course, to a certain subset of people, all that matters is the word you use, not the ideas behind the word. Once you drop "fuck" your argument loses all credibility in their eyes, no matter what. Luckily the Democratic Party is no longer subject to the whims of the genteel, pearl-clutching Southern belles.

I may not agree with Pelosi's policy positions, but man she's an excellent politician - she got the GOP to make concessions to her while she was in the minority and her political play since the Midterms has been spot-on.

There is no way Trump or the GOP outsmart her.
I think Pelosi's more conservative positions are less a factor of her and what she believes in, and more the reality of her position. As Speaker she has to take into consideration what will help get her caucus re-elected, not just what she personally wants or what would benefit San Francisco.

Thankfully this time around, compared to the 09-11 caucus (and even the 93-95 one) the Democrats don't need to rely on conservative blue dogs from the South to get things done, at least in the House. Even in our Senate caucus, I'd take Joe Manchin, Doug Jones and Kyrsten Sinema every day of the week over the likes of Joe Lieberman, Ben Nelson and Blanche Lincoln.

Lmao, my wife is a doctor and makes more than me and she made the first move. The GOP is now the party of incel losers until further notice.
Lol my girlfriend makes just slightly more than I do and we're both broke as shit (though obv able to keep up on our bills and rent and such, so can't complain).

I'll never understand the toxic masculinity that allows men to feel threatened when their significant other makes more than them. If my girlfriend started making substantially more money than I did I would dance in the streets. Drugs, booze and video games for dayyyyys.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Impeachment just requires a house majority, seems pretty likely.

Wonder when that process will seriously start.

Not likely at all, Pelosi herself said that she's not going to move forward with impeachment unless there is enough GOP support in the Senate to actually get him removed from office.

And that is 100% the right call.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What is this horseshit from Politico? Trump promised he would get Mexico to pay for it, not that he would get at least $5B from Congress. Also, the promise was a wall not 'some type of structure'. The point being, even if Trump gets some money for slats he is not fulfilling his campaign promises

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Not likely at all, Pelosi herself said that she's not going to move forward with impeachment unless there is enough GOP support in the Senate to actually get him removed from office.

And that is 100% the right call.

She said that?

Did republicans wait for that when they impeached bill clinton?

Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi handled that perfectly

Also just to clarify, I don't give a flying fuck about the word "motherfucker" but more the sentiment that stated goal is taking him down. Yes it is important to make the case as apolitically as possible. Impeachment is a sober and Big Fucking Deal even if I sure as shit think there are or will be compelling reasons to do it. It is destabilizing and traumatic for the country, just probably less destabilizing and traumatic than his presidency at this point.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She said that?

Did republicans wait for that when they impeached bill clinton?

No, and they got decimated in the following midterms.

Which is exactly the event that Nancy cites in her defense of not moving forward without ensuring that it actually goes somewhere.

It's the right move.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Aaron Rupar @atrupar

MCCARTHY: "You know what our freshman class did? They put together a resolution to not use foul language. This is the difference & it's wrong."

REPORTER: But Trump recently called a woman 'horseface.' Who within your caucus called him out?

M: "I think a lot of them did"

Status
Not open for further replies.