• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Though I am firmly in camp-Warren, not only is it still too early (for me) to think much about candidates, I'm also kinda disinterested in who the nominee will be, as I would vote for a house plant over trump. So all this consternation over the Dem field, to me, is a lot of "so what" right now.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Sondland is going to be the real shitshow, right? He's already changed his testimony, implicated Trump, and accused of withholding even more conversations...

The Dems are skeptical of his transparency, and the more QPQ he corroborates, the more the GOP will attack him. Plus he's a first-hand source. He's going to be getting it from all sides.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Sondland is going to be the real shitshow, right? He's already changed his testimony, implicated Trump, and accused of withholding even more conversations...

The Dems are skeptical of his transparency, and the more QPQ he corroborates, the more the GOP will attack him. Plus he's a first-hand source. He's going to be getting it from all sides.

I'm super interested regarding the call that came up yesterday. Especially since they're getting the actual Aide that heard it to testify, Sondland can't really fuck around. That's going to be the most damning thing from his testimony....literally first hand contact w/ the President regarding investigations.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super interested regarding the call that came up yesterday. Especially since they're getting the actual Aide that heard it to testify, Sondland can't really fuck around. That's going to be the most damning thing from his testimony....literally first hand contact w/ the President regarding investigations.
I imagine the aide transcript won't be available before Sondland's hearing, so he'll have to guess what was said.

I'm curious how much the cameras and posterity might influence his testimony. Given he's a millionaire maybe not at all, but this is where I've been thinking about his wife's pressure.

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
With Mulvaney and Bolton refusing to give depositions, I'm curious what would happen during the Senate trial phase?

If the House calls them as witnesses after articles of impeachment, can they still resist as effectively as they seem to be able to now?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Chicago Dems can clean up their act. I think they're single handedly the thing that gets my mom to believe in the Swamp.

The Swamp is real here. It's one reason I give some local friends a pass on "both sides" crap because the local Dems do in fact loot the state and aren't that progressive. Still better then the alternative, of course.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
With Mulvaney and Bolton refusing to give depositions, I'm curious what would happen during the Senate trial phase?

If the House calls them as witnesses after articles of impeachment, can they still resist as effectively as they seem to be able to now?
I'm kind of surprised there haven't been some kind of AMA impeachment explainers or the like. Particularly with all the subpoenas, privilege and immunity being thrown around.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Considering yesterday's hearing ended up being the media's least favorite MCU film, what is next on the slate?

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the aide transcript won't be available before Sondland's hearing, so he'll have to guess what was said.

I'm curious how much the cameras and posterity might influence his testimony. Given he's a millionaire maybe not at all, but this is where I've been thinking about his wife's pressure.

Right, though I iimagine he's less inclined to lie since there would be two sources (him and the aide) vs. just his "recollection" of what transpired.

Just all dignity lost

Notice me, senpai Orange

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I remember how naive I was when I thought the GOP would ditch Trump after they got their tax cuts. What a fool I was.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

julie faye tsirkin @julietsirkin

Asked Senator Cruz if he's suggesting Hunter Biden and the Whistleblower will be called in to testify in a Senate impeachment trial:

"I think that is a very real possibility... I feel confident that the Senate will do its job. And actually focus on the facts and evidence."​

11:21 AM - Nov 14, 2019

Oct 25, 2017
I think we've seen this done before, and unless Trump endorses you it doesn't matter how much you pander to his voters.

Edit: God help me, I agree with pundit-nate

I think Nate's punditry is pretty good, be because like this he is trying to acknowledge that a whole lot of political punditry is driven by the view of high-information straight white people that went to college, and that it repeatedly has a blind spot for anything outside of their own media bubble. That also leads to media totally misjudging what likely will or will not change public perception.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
This is a question for lawyers but can you subpoena anyone you want for a trial or impeachment, regardless of involvement in the case?

Asking because if I'm Hunter Biden, I obviously fight the subpoena on the grounds that I have no involvement in the foreign aid or Ukrainian diplomacy.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

julie faye tsirkin @julietsirkin

Asked Senator Cruz if he's suggesting Hunter Biden and the Whistleblower will be called in to testify in a Senate impeachment trial:

"I think that is a very real possibility... I feel confident that the Senate will do its job. And actually focus on the facts and evidence."

11:21 AM - Nov 14, 2019

Hunter Biden should ignore any subpoena. What he did or didn't do is irrelevant as to whether Trump did or did not break the law and violate the Constitution, nor is he a witness to anything Trump did. He can correctly say it's politically motivated theater from a Senate that planned to acquit Trump before even seeing the evidence. Also mention the large number of people who have ignored subpoenas already.

Nov 20, 2017

Got this from Eliza from Survivor. Ha power.

(But no seriously, resign Stephen Miller. And buy yourself a 1 way ticket to the Netherlands.)

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is a question for lawyers but can you subpoena anyone you want for a trial or impeachment, regardless of involvement in the case?

Asking because if I'm Hunter Biden, I obviously fight the subpoena on the grounds that I have no involvement in the foreign aid or Ukrainian diplomacy.

A court is not enforcing a subpenis for Hunter Biden

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering yesterday's hearing ended up being the media's least favorite MCU film, what is next on the slate?
No that was the Mueller hearing. Media overall still liked the hearing.

The next big ones are next week with Vindman and Sondland. There sole defense of hearsay doesn't fly there. So they will fallback to their latest defense of "impeachment is too boring!"

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
come on ladies we only have a month and a half left to bang out four more OTs and beat last year's record!

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I feel that yesterday's hearing had about ten times the impact in the media and public conscious as the Mueller hearing did and it was only the first freaking day.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I heard Pelosi was supposed to make a public statement today post day 1 of the hearing. Anyone got links to that?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Whaddya mean I couldn't be the President
of the United States of America?
Tell me something, it's still We the People, right?
(guitar riff)

Status
Not open for further replies.