• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Time to start rallying around Bernie I guess.

Honestly Bernie's numbers versus Trump have held well throughout, right below Biden.

It's been clear that Biden and Bernie had the "hardest" supporters from all the candidates. Bernie just struggling to go much past 20%.
Bernie's supporters aren't budging, so his group will be there to snap up new supporters in the high school gym huddle (or whatever dumb primary thing is happening). If Biden's support falters at all in the actual primaries, his magic electability shield will be popped and people will start jumping ship.

At this point though, we're basically studying a bottle of coke before the mentos get dropped in. Once actual primary voting starts, things will change really quickly.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Former special counsel Robert Mueller had taken himself out of the running to be FBI director by the time he met with President Donald Trump about the job, former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told federal investigators.

Notes from Rosenstein's May 23, 2017 interview were made public on Monday as the result of a court ruling in BuzzFeed News' Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against the Justice Department.

President Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, told federal investigators that a lawyer from Trump's legal team encouraged him to hold back details from Congress in 2017 about "more communications with Russia" on the Trump Tower Moscow project, including correspondence with a "woman from the Kremlin," according to newly released documents from the Mueller investigation.

In summaries of interviews conducted during Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation and obtained by BuzzFeed News, Cohen said he spoke to Jay Sekulow on Aug. 27, 2017—one day before he turned over a letter to Congress that said the Trump Tower Moscow deal came to an end shortly before Trump ran in the Republican presidential primaries.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
In a GE I think Bernie and Biden pull pretty different people. Bernie would get more crossover from non-voters while Biden might peel off a few Obama-Trump voters.

Of course my greatest hope is that there's 70-75 million people locked in to vote against Trump and it doesn't matter too much who the Democrats nominate. But we can't operate under that assumption, we have to assume it will be really hard going and make the best choice possible.

Jun 6, 2019
These recent Barr and GOP defending Trump news are utterly depressing. I can't anymore. There is no end to this abyss. Pure corruption, deception, lies, manipulation. I feel like I live in a dystopia.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
These recent Barr and GOP defending Trump news are utterly depressing. I can't anymore. There is no end to this abyss. Pure corruption, deception, lies, manipulation. I feel like I live in a dystopia.
I want this nightmare to end too. It's so encompassing I can't give two shits about the Dem primaries. We are in dystopia.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely voting Berniece if Warren isn't viable by Super Tuesday. Sadly, I hope she drops out by then if necessary too.

Yeah, this is where I am. Still hoping Warren gets a second wind before Iowa, but if not, it's gotta be Bernie.

I'm trying to imagine what me in 2016 would feel about me typing that lmao. I'd probably think I went crazy.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
If Warren's downturn continues and she's floundering in February/March I wonder if she drops out and endorses Bernie.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
If we end up with either Bernie or Biden, which if offered a bet that it's either of those two you take that bet, the VP becomes pretty goddamned important. From 2015 actuarial tables, and acknowledging that POTUS will receive top-of-the-line healthcare, the likelihood of death by 2024 starts nearing 10% on an annual basis.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kamala needs to endorse Warren or something PLS

Kamala will never endorse Warren. She's endorse Biden for some quid pro quo before she'd ever not Endorse Biden.

So long as 'notBiden' remains in the lead in the early states we have a good shot at decent shot at getting Sanders, at least right now.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
If we end up with either Bernie or Biden, which if offered a bet that it's either of those two you take that bet, the VP becomes pretty goddamned important. From 2015 actuarial tables, and acknowledging that POTUS will receive top-of-the-line healthcare, the likelihood of death by 2024 starts nearing 10% on an annual basis.
Ideal VP for Bernie:

stacey-abrams-gty-jt-190813_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

Ideal VP for Biden:

stacey-abrams-gty-jt-190813_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
As a Georgian who is still bitter about GA-GOV 2018 I would have a difficult time staying neutral about the potential of Abrams being tapped for VP.

I will say that her extensive experience running GOTV organizations would likely be helpful during the campaign.

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
lpc0ZYg.png

Here's a map I threw together for fun, collecting the latest aggregate opinion polling from each state, sourced from 270 to Win and RealClear Politics as listed on the relevant Wikipedia listicle. Purple represents a Buttigeg lead, orange represents a Warren lead, and blue represents a Biden lead. Greyed out states do not have aggregates calculated by either 270 or Real Clear.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon's new move The Report is right up this threads alley. All about the CIA torture stuff from Bush years and the Senate intel investigation. Goes from 2001-2014. Half the people in it are still in congress it seems.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of find this hard to square with the reddening of Nevada that's gone sort of under-covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.