• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Hate to sound like a liberal defeatist, but my anecdotal takeaway just from talking to people is that even most Democrats have shrugged off the impeachment proceedings and people are where they are on Trump. Doubt this changes anything regardless of how damning it is.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
just saw that Kamala Dropped out

Thank you Kamala. You were a great candidate. Keep trying to improve yourself and your state

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to sound like a liberal defeatist, but my anecdotal takeaway just from talking to people is that even most Democrats have shrugged off the impeachment proceedings and people are where they are on Trump. Doubt this changes anything regardless of how damning it is.

The polls don't even support this line of thinking. most of the COUNTRY is pro-impeachment at this point (51-49 ish?), let alone MOST of the left.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
The Hill is doing damage control in the wake of the release:

The Hill is conducting a meticulous review of opinion columns written by John Solomon on the subject of Ukraine that will be handled by a team of editors and reporters. All results of the review will be transparent and public.

Edit:
Those colors are very Vox... and horrible.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like 80% of people haven't even seen more than a few headlines on this whole scandal.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. His 19% bump didn't happen in the economist average, and only happened in the RCP average because of a few outlier polls for a couple days. He's back down to 16%. I mean, he's in second, but that's because Warren dropped like a rock.

He's only back down to 16% as you put it because of an overall strengthening of Bidens recent numbers. That isn't Sanders being back down, that's Sanders overall position having improved since the heart attack. Especially if you look to the early states where Biden isn't running up the score on his national percentages.

The polls weren't outliers in that they have accurately reflected his uptick in and new position in relative performance, something that has mostly held as they all have been depressed nationally to the enrichment of Biden and Bloomberg's having hit 4%.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Read the Executive Summary of the report and it's as damning as you would imagine, highlighting presidential misconduct with the bribe/extortion of Ukraine and also obstruction of justice. Mention of witness intimidation as well.

The actual report is 300 pages long, going to wait until I get home to read that.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
The Hill is doing damage control in the wake of the release:

Edit:

Those colors are very Vox... and horrible.

This pisses me off so much because this type of echo chamber, pay for play, AstroTurfing by Op-Eds has been around for ever, its why a lot of these type of reporters exist to be paid by lobbyists and think tanks to advance policy into the mainstream in papers that people trust. It sickens me that there isn't more oversight into opinions that stink of being a propaganda piece. Its being done right now to sway people away from medicare for all by big pharma.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss all the Kamala wave gifs?

anigif_sub-buzz-3152-1564504051-1.gif

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

We're realists. We know the senate gop doesn't give a fuck and trump won't resign. It's not "shrugging it off" it's just realizing the gop is now a trump cult of personality. So yeah, we know the house impeachment will happen, and that's it. Still need to put in the work to beat trump next fall.

those who still think the gop or trump have any ability to do the right thing are fooling themselves and are honestly pretty stupid.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird how the whole strategy comes down to this. Just deny.
It's actually a bit more clever than that. It's all about projection of your own faults onto your enemy, and it's incredibly effective when it comes to muddying the truth, especially when you're also constantly working on keeping up an us v. them dynamic among your supporters.

see: Karl Rove

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I literally don't get who likes her. Suburban moms in the Midwest?

White conservadems that value electability over everything but also see Biden clearly past his best-used-before date. If she can have a good debate I will donate again!

One of the most frustrating things about this cycle has been how you either buy in 100% into Bernie or Warren's ideas even when they are nonsense, or you are a Republican. Moderate ideas have a seat at the table too.

Democrats can be the popular party and do popular things and keep winning big so we can do more popular things. Responsive government is good!

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
New poll: Virginians support much of Democratic agenda in General Assembly

Fun stuff.

Voters support:

84-10 (+74) universal background checks for gun purchases
76-14 (+62) "red flag" laws
57-30 (+27) an assault weapons ban
73-10 (+63) the Equal Rights Amendment
68-15 (+53) regulations designed to slow down climate change
66-24 (+42) raising the minimum wage to $15/hr over several years
59-16 (+43) reducing prison population and prison racial disparities
53-30 (+23) making it easier for a woman to obtain an abortion

And then, just as if to remind you that nobody's perfect, only 38% support reversing right-to-work laws, compared to 43% who are against it. Bastards.

Oh and Trump has a 32-51 approval rating lololol. "Virginia's a blue state anyway," I can already hear them crying.

Oct 26, 2017
So Harris finally dropped out. PoliERA and Twitter should be happy.

And now we just need to get Booker and Castro to drop out, so we can completely eradicate people of color from the Democratic race before Iowa. Yaay! And people wonder why black turnout is down...

But yeah there was no way after Politico, NYT, and Wapo all dunking on her in a single week that she was going to survive. It's a shame she got pushed out of the race when far inferior candidates are still in, allowed to just exist without the media forcing them to drop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.