• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Every Democrat has been acting as if adding appreciably to the deficit is not an option - no one accused Warren of being a neoliberal shill for putting out a deficit-neutral M4A program. Deficit neutrality is basically the very least you can do to get your plan taken seriously, by both moderates and leftists. This is because while the deficit doesn't matter as much as some people think, at some point the economies' ability to outstrip the debt with growth is compromised, and adding onto a trillion dollar deficit in a boom period is a genuinely bad idea.

And Democrats genuinely have been far more responsible as concerns the deficit than Republicans for as long as I've been alive. Particularly as dems take the mabtle of the only responsible governing policy, highlighting our responsible stewardship of the treasury as opposed to Republicans' profligacy is just good politics.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
One guy has a closed fist. It's like he thought maybe it wasn't the best idea but still thought it would be fine to be in the picture.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, I do not support Pete. I will not be voting for Pete (except under VERY specific circumstances where my only alternative is like Yang or Bernie or some dystopian custom Adam made nightmare.) But the pure level of OH MY GOD THIS BITCH at every single basic act of campaigning he engages in is fucking bordering on parody at this point. Not even good parody! It's just absurd.

He got called out for using a republican talking point that is objectively false, learn how to take an L. This is not the first time he's done this, and it won't bet he last. There is a pattern of behavior.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is the bill that Democrats are going to push really quickly if they get the Senate and the presidency.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Also, I want to add that I think it's totally fair to attack Pete for that comment, could've been worded way better. But I'm with adam387 that the constant "Pete is a republican/white supremacist!" is absurd.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
What would Pete accomplish on the ticket besides giving white Acela liberals who already were going to vote for Biden something to coo about?

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Every Democrat has been acting as if adding appreciably to the deficit is not an option - no one accused Warren of being a neoliberal shill for putting out a deficit-neutral M4A program. Deficit neutrality is basically the very least you can do to get your plan taken seriously, by both moderates and leftists. This is because while the deficit doesn't matter as much as some people think, at some point the economies' ability to outstrip the debt with growth is compromised, and adding onto a trillion dollar deficit in a boom period is a genuinely bad idea.

And Democrats genuinely have been far more responsible as concerns the deficit than Republicans for as long as I've been alive. Particularly as dems take the mabtle of the only responsible governing policy, highlighting our responsible stewardship of the treasury as opposed to Republicans' profligacy is just good politics.
I think this is fair, and to be clear I don't have a problem with Pete talking about managing the deficit, but I do have an issue when he tries to paint the Democratic Party as being unconcerned with the debt and deficit in the same breath, which is just wholly inaccurate and needlessly digs at the party itself. That's the problem.

Oct 26, 2017
What would Pete accomplish on the ticket besides giving white Acela liberals who already were going to vote for Biden something to coo about?

Okay so when did people start using Acela.

This is a... train?

I don't think any VP Biden chooses will be relevant in winning votes. I do think they'll be super relevant overall though because I think there's like >25% chance Biden dies in office. So just pick whoever would be the best president (which is... I don't know).

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie may hate Biden more than Warren hates Biden.

bernie literally called biden his close friend in the middle of debate in front of god and everybody. biden also seems to be the only candidate in the race bernie has any sort of rapport with, as evidenced by their multiple cute little exchanges. they've been colleagues for decades.
ir86GUg.jpg

they're friends, my friend.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
that ticket I think actually would be a landslide win especially if biden's team keeps knocking it out of the park with their ads.

Eh, at best it would be a modest victory and maybe we gain control of the Senate. Because I am skeptical of voters' intentions nowadays.

No idea.

Biden/Gabbard to piss off everyone.

Gabbard being anywhere near the presidency should be a disqualification.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so when did people start using Acela.

This is a... train?

I don't think any VP Biden chooses will be relevant in winning votes. I do think they'll be super relevant overall though because I think there's like >25% chance Biden dies in office. So just pick whoever would be the best president (which is... I don't know).
Because the train runs up and down a corridor that has a high % of col+ whites that is one of the few areas in the country that heavily swung towards Hillary for that exact reason.

The area even has a name you can use for it -- the Acela Corridor!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
the funniest part of pete/tulsi would be them getting into arguments during campaign events

(the least funny part: literally everything else about them)

Status
Not open for further replies.