• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would just like to say even Louisiana is showing us the trend line.

GOP looking mighty fucked come 2020.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This says nothing about the difficulty of 2020
Yeah, just like how Todd trying to infer anything about impeachment from these results was stupid, it would be unwise to assume these results (which are great!) mean anything for the presidential race.

Well, what auto just said is correct. "We can beat McConnell!" is not.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Edwards won by 13% in 2015, tonight by about 2%. What changed in Louisiana? People forgetting about how bad Jindal was?

Oct 25, 2017
With the rather obvious caveat that Trump winning the 2016 election was catastrophically bad

2017: won VA/NJ governorships, flipped AL Senate seat
2018: won 40 seats in the House and 7 governorships
2019: won LA/KY governorships

The only real shitstain result in the last three election years was losing the Senate and gubernatorial elections in Florida last year, but every major election since Trump's been elected has gone about as well as one could reasonably hope for the Democrats.
Every time I cry thinking about what could've been if Nelson, Kander, and Beto all won

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like to watch Chuck Todd
PjnGjjY.jpg

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
Edwards won by 13% in 2015, tonight by about 2%. What changed in Louisiana? People forgetting about how bad Jindal was?

There were a lot of Republicans who were anybody but David Vitter, who he ran against last time. JBE didn't have that this time around.

LOL Rispone still kissing Trump's ass in his concession speech

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Gerrymande

Jindal was a massive mess when he left office and running against shitter Vitter was easy.

Gov races being wholly nationalized is still not a thing. We saw that last year all over the place.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Every time I cry thinking about what could've been if Nelson, Kander, and Beto all won
Any one of those would have made next year a considerably easier lift. To say nothing of what would have happened if they all did.

Shit sucks! No matter who wins in 2020 Democrats need to get their act together. WI/PA/NC/FL (yes, really) are all winnable in 2022. We can come back for TX and FL in 2024.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
My favorite LA politics story of all time is when a super corrupt politician beat out David Duke for the governorship

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I don't think comparing the Landrieu Senate race to gov race is a good comparison. It might feel good to see but its a very different vote.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Gavin wasn't already governor a few years ago

hes probably exactly what this party wants right now given what seems to be drawing people to the candidates currently running

i can imagine him actually sort of challenging Biden in SC like no one else has yet either too

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
My favorite LA politics story of all time is when a super corrupt politician beat out David Duke for the governorship

HW Bush had to go so far as to tell people not to vote for Duke that year

When someone has a long record, an ugly record, of racism and bigotry, that record simply cannot be erased by the glib rhetoric of a political campaign. So I believe David Duke is an insincere charlatan. I believe he's attempting to hoodwink the voters of Louisiana. I believe he should be rejected for what he is and what he stands for.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I know the GOP has always been shitty but I honestly don't think modern day GOP would even do that.

There's also these gems

"Continuing his artful use of humor to deflate an opponent, and referring to his considerable reputation as a ladies' man, Edwards said of Duke that "the only thing we have in common is that we both have been wizards beneath the sheets."[46] He also feigned concern for Duke's health due to smoke inhalation "because he's around so many burning crosses"[2] and when a reporter asked Edwards what he needed to do to triumph over Duke, Edwards replied "stay alive.""

Status
Not open for further replies.