• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Buttery:

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Waiters were coming and going as Gordon Sondland called Trump from the outdoor section of a Kyiv restaurant and discussed Zelensky's willingness to conduct investigations, an episode that highlighted the lack of security around a presidential call. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sondland-discussed-sensitive-matters-with-trump-on-phone-from-kyiv-restaurant-as-waiters-circled/2019/11/16/9c651cbc-08b3-11ea-b388-434b5c1d7dd8_story.html …

8:25 AM - Nov 17, 2019

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Sondland was texting back and forth on WhatsApp with Andriy Yermak throughout the trip, and had been communicating with other Ukrainian officials over the app in the preceding and subsequent months. Most of those messages haven't been made public or handed over to investigators. https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1196056661192069122 …

8:30 AM - Nov 17, 2019

I'm sure Facebook will do the right thing

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason you'd take multiple visits to conduct a physical is if you're so obese they have to do it in phases or if you're so fuckin sick they have to check one organ at a time.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the destiny of the country and the world to urbanize? You figure the rural parts of the country can only stay rural for so long.

Rural areas would remain rural. The only question is whether the US gets a handle on sprawl.

As is, despite all the "young people moving to cities" stuff, the average millennial lives in the suburbs because an increasing number of cities are too expensive to raise families in.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The whole point of a physical is checking your health at that given point in time.

A pre-physical is nonsense. Your weight, cholesterol, and blood pressure in November is irrelevant to the same in February, unless you mean to compare the two timepoints.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way Bernie humilliated Ramos yesterday in California. You love to see it! This bit is all over the (Spanish-speaking) news:

Also, I wonder why Warren wasn't there? This forum was a huge platform to reach Hispanic voters, specially since it was hosted in California.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the destiny of the country and the world to urbanize? You figure the rural parts of the country can only stay rural for so long.

Well it would take people moving to rural areas to influence construction. Most young people eventually leave their rural homes to cities - where the jobs are, that has been happening for decades though. Most rural counties are losing their populations, but the counties that are experiencing growth are closer to cities. Democrats are shaping up to be geographically urban and suburban, while Republicans are rural and exurbs.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Rural areas would remain rural. The only question is whether the US gets a handle on sprawl.

As is, despite all the "young people moving to cities" stuff, the average millennial lives in the suburbs because an increasing number of cities are too expensive to raise families in.
Why though? Ultimately don't the suburbs just grow and grow and spread outwards as population increases? Maybe the theoretical maximum here takes 9000 billion years to happen, but I'm not referring to just rich whities moving to cities (which obviously is happening). I would think the long-term movement of people in the world is towards urbanization, meaning even the rural areas should develop as space comes at a premium. I think this is like driverless cars though. Theoretical and billions of years away.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way Bernie humilliated Ramos yesterday in California. You love to see it! This bit is all over the (Spanish-speaking) news:

Also, I wonder why Warren wasn't there? This forum was a huge platform to reach Hispanic voters, specially since it was hosted in California.

Good to see Bernie leading on foreign affairs while the rest of the pack triangulate who to support. The military and far right and wealthy of Bolivia.. or a the indigenous population that reelected Evo time and time again. Sad to see this situation starting to devolve into a civil war.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru

this is why I ultimately support Bernie over Warren. He might be the best presidential candidate of US History when it comes to Foreign Policy. I cant really think of a better one.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kelly O'Donnell @KellyO

Meanwhile this is notable...The president addressing Kim Jong Un through Twitter about Joe Biden to urge a deal on nukes. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1196080086686011398 …

10:09 AM - Nov 17, 2019

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Mr. Chairman, Joe Biden may be Sleepy and Very Slow, but he is not a "rabid dog." He is actually somewhat better than that, but I am the only one who can get you where you have to be. You should act quickly, get the deal done. See you soon! https://twitter.com/grahamledger/status/1195687574074904576 …

9:58 AM - Nov 17, 2019

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dictator states American should be killed, President says "he's not quite that bad!"

Good times.

Wonder if response would be same if Iran did it.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

Kelly O'Donnell @KellyO

Meanwhile this is notable...The president addressing Kim Jong Un through Twitter about Joe Biden to urge a deal on nukes. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1196080086686011398 …

10:09 AM - Nov 17, 2019[/URL
[URL='https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump']Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Mr. Chairman, Joe Biden may be Sleepy and Very Slow, but he is not a "rabid dog." He is actually somewhat better than that, but I am the only one who can get you where you have to be. You should act quickly, get the deal done. See you soon! https://twitter.com/grahamledger/status/1195687574074904576 …

So he'll bend over backwards to accommodate Kim? He comes off weaker than usual.

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
He's the next Woodrow Wilson, except his Edith Wilson wouldn't know the first fucking thing about managing the WH so it would be an entertaining car crash.

A Woodrow Wilson scenario would be covered by the 25th amendment. Really it's more what the 25th is for, since after being "deposed" under that amendment, the president can appeal and restore themselves to the office in something like a month. It's likely meant to prevent Woodrow Wilson cases (where they're not dead but so out of it that they couldn't make that appeal), or cases like during the height of Watergate where there was genuine fear that Nixon had lost it and would launch a nuclear war in a fit of paranoid delusion.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Kelly O'Donnell @KellyO

10:09 AM - Nov 17, 2019

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Trump has cancelled a joint military exercise with SK to try and please Kim. That's yet another concession from the US while getting nothing in return. The Republicans would have been up in arms at Obama if he was that weak.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
If Trump died or had to step down for health reasons, do people think Pence would do better or worse in the election? I can see it both ways.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump died or had to step down for health reasons, do people think Pence would do better or worse in the election? I can see it both ways.

Pence would get crushed. He'd be left holding the bag and doesn't have the personality for it.

Also, a lot of crimes might come out that he'd be directly implicated in.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, condemn the coup in Bolivia all you want it deserves it, but the Morales defense is kinda icky. He was trying to be President for life, threw out a referendum when it told him that he'd have to pick a successor and not be President for life, used the supreme courts to make the justification that his "human rights" to run for more than two terms supersede the constitution... While he wasn't wrecking his country he sure as hell was corrupted by power. Ya don't need to defend him to be against the military coup and the direction things have been going in Bolivia.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It's that bipartisan spirit Biden has been talking about!

When the boss calls, ya gotta go.

Johnson had been expected to approve publication of the 50-page dossier, compiled by the cross-party intelligence and security committee, before parliament was dissolved on 5 November. Senior Whitehall sources close to the committee have told the Observer that the reason the dossier was shelved may have been Johnson's relationship to Donald Trump and what the report says about the US president's relationship to Russia.

So at the least, it reignites the Trump/Russia controversy, probably creating an international incident.

Wonder if Barr would like a copy.

Felicia Sonmez @feliciasonmez

On "Meet the Press," Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) says the whistleblower's sources "exposed things that didn't need to be exposed."

"This would have been far better off if we would have just taken care of this behind the scenes," Johnson says.

10:24 AM - Nov 17, 2019

Someone tel Ron to read the news because its been clear that behind the scenes didn't want to take care of it.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also a bunch more from @CBSNews/YouGov Poll

Iowa: Sanders 22(+1), Biden 22, Buttigieg 21(+7), Warren 18(-4),

New Hampshire: Warren 31(-1), Biden 22(-2), Sanders 20(+3), Buttigieg 16(+9)

Nevada: Biden 33%(+6), Sanders 23%(-6), Warren 21%(+3), Buttigieg 9%(+5)

South Carolina: Biden 45%(+2), Warren 17%(-1), Sanders 15%(-1%), Buttigieg 8%(+4)

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also a bunch more from @CBSNews/YouGov Poll

Iowa: Sanders 22(+1), Biden 22, Buttigieg 21(+7), Warren 18(-4),

New Hampshire: Warren 31(-1), Biden 22(-2), Sanders 20(+3), Buttigieg 16(+9)

Nevada: Biden 33%(+6), Sanders 23%(-6), Warren 21%(+3), Buttigieg 9%(+5)

South Carolina: Biden 45%(+2), Warren 17%(-1), Sanders 15%(-1%), Buttigieg 8%(+4)

If that holds up, that's going to be a Biden presidency.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
"The two progressive candidates will split the vote and Biden will win" has been in the back of my mind for a few months now, and at this point it's in the front of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.