• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017

Seems like she's changing her strategy.

Good. I've been thinking she's been under utilizing her campaign finance strategy when drawing contrasts with other candidates. Her and Bernie can claim the moral high ground here, and they should.

Especially since you could see the change in Pete's rhetoric in real-time as the bundler money rolled in, which kinda proves her point.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Too soon.
😔

I will never understand how Buttigieg caught on and Beto didn't.
Pete has a proper campaign and did tons and tons of media hits. Beto pretty much shunned media and started hitting the trail without hiring a campaign manager first. I'm all for candidates trying out new strategies but Beto's approach basically made it so that all his time spent grinding out on the campaign trail was being done in a vacuum.

Oct 27, 2017
Love Warren calling out Pete too.

Also...

That's good. Keep us posted when his call to action is stronger than what Warren offered last night. And I'm serious, this is something that hasn't been sufficiently debated or addressed across the candidate pool, so anyone who goes in hard on this stuff will hopefully move things in the right direction for these folks.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Maddow seems visibly upset about Trump-Russia tonight. For the average viewer, tonight's show would look like any other, but at least to me, there's much more urgent energy coming from her about the Trump Administration's reaction to increasingly bold assassinations and actions by Russia.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Lazio also nuked his campaign at the last minute by invading her personal space during a debate. Though she still would've won, it would've been closer. Even with Lazio's flub, she still underperformed Gore.

That was such a weird election for my family and my town. I was just 9, but my parents supported Gore for president, and Lazio for senate. Most people in my town supported Bush for president and Hillary for Senate.

Now the town and most of Long Island support Trump and hate Hillary. My parents hate Trump and have loved Hillary since she was sworn into the Senate in 2001. Also my mom is likely one of the few Bloomberg for President supporters way before he announced. She's anti-gun, anti-diversity (she's Acela racist), anti-abortion, supports M4A, supports LGBTQ rights, and hates taxes.

2000 was weird. My only hypothesis about it all is that most voters are dumb and vote based on name recognition and popularity.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I'm not surprised; he was already a RINO to most Republican voters in CA. My Republican parents despise him.

Figures. That last ditch effort with them and Schwartzenegger to actually do what it takes to win in CA was spiked by the same. "Death Spiral" indeed.

I remember reading somewhere that the GOP havent been able to flip any seat D->R outside of said Governator since 1996 or some shit.

Even Wasserman acknowledges our advantage in the House.

And Emmer's dumb ass is leading the charge, women are more likely than ever to dislike the GOP, and suburb after suburb abandon them. No path. None.

Oct 27, 2017
Maddow seems visibly upset about Trump-Russia tonight. For the average viewer, tonight's show would look like any other, but at least to me, there's much more urgent energy coming from her about the Trump Administration's reaction to increasingly bold assassinations and actions by Russia.
Yep. Basically laid out "why the process of impeachment is happening" and bottom line is Russia. Also asking how someone could possibly remain president after this. Worth a watch later when the video goes up.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
ive been listening to "Blowout" and holy shit, all this Russia stuff is worse than we think. but since the masses don't pay attention none of its gonna matter.

im fuckind dumbfounded that Rex Tillerson was able to become Secretary of State.
I had no idea how involved he was with Russia.
this is why we need the senate

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To phrase my posts another way and quote someone more authoritative:

OK-05 is changing, but it's still a red R+10 district Trump won by double digits. If the best they can do to scare us is show a poll of a red district we won in an upset - not even a true swing district like, say, NJ-07 or something - showing impeachment at 45% approval...

This is why I called bullshit on those Wisconsin sierra polls.

There's no way we're at 45% in a red district and underwater in WI and MI. Get outta here.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
I had to stop watching her after 2016. She is so great but I came away with existential dread and incredible anxiety every single night. I had to tap out of all news for a month just to catch my breath.

but you're saying it still feels like that?

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
I had to stop watching her after 2016. She is so great but I came away with existential dread and incredible anxiety every single night. I had to tap out of all news for a month just to catch my breath.

but you're saying it still feels like that?

It absolutely does, but since the lack of a reaction to the Mueller Report, she toned down the urgency, but tonight is different. She seems slightly pissed off and incredulous that she has to repeat and restate the obvious again.

Mayor Pete surrounding himself with people who clearly have great judgment.

I don't like Lis Smith either, but being in a relationship where she got cheated on, is NOT a good example of her bad judgement. She didn't cheat on anyone. He did and it's sexist to say she has bad judgement because of his actions.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I called bullshit on those Wisconsin sierra polls.

There's no way we're at 45% in a red district and underwater in WI and MI. Get outta here.
Different demos --

Wisconsin is (in 2016):

56.7% non-col white
34.4% col+ white
6.2% non-col non-white
2.6% col+ non-white

OK-5 is only 43.6% non-col white. It's also 35.9% col+ white.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Different demos --

Wisconsin is (in 2016):

56.7% non-col white
34.4% col+ white
6.2% non-col non-white
2.6% col+ non-white

OK-5 is only 43.6% non-col white. It's also 35.9% col+ white.
He meant that WI is still much bluer than OK-05 (EVEN vs. R+10 PVI), but you correctly say that OK-05 has more favorable demographics long-term.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
He meant that WI is still much bluer than OK-05 (EVEN vs. R+10 PVI), but you correctly say that OK-05 has more favorable demographics long-term.
No, I know -- what I meant was, it's completely plausible that we could only be at 45% in OK-5 but still underwater for impeachment in WI given the demographics.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
This fucking Pelosi stroke/drunk shit is back??

She is not a great orator, but she is a good leader, and a fantastic organizer. She has always spoken like this.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The way Republicans have been peddling Ukraine conspiracy theories makes me think Russia has something on all of them

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the town hall with other people and we all think she's consistently slurring her words, I noticed it this morning too. I'm genuinely a little concerned about her

Didn't the Republicans just try and play with this talking point recently?

Let's not spread this shit. She is perfectly understandable.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Lis Smith --

This seems like a fairly important omission that was being glossed over whenever this was first discussed a couple pages back. Although it kind of begs the question...if it's Democratic presidencies that are the ones constantly reducing the deficit...then why exactly is it the Democratic party that needs to be more comfortable about it? More comfortable about something we already do?

Oct 26, 2017

Trump regularly talked to Giuliani, others on unsecure lines. He balked at using hard line in the White House, fearful of aides getting records of his calls. And he gave his cell to Boris, Erdogan & others. Latest w/@PaulSonne, @gregpmiller & @nakashimae: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/phone-logs-in-impeachment-report-renew-concern-about-security-of-trump-communications/2019/12/05/2066fbf4-16fe-11ea-8406-df3c54b3253e_story.html …

I don't understand how stories like these don't get more attention. I mean Hillary supposedly lost because she was careless with classified/sensitive information.

But here we have Trump a walking national security risk who casually talks about classified information like it's the weather report and communicates on blatantly obvious insecure lines, he might as well just have the Russians and North Koreans do the Presidential record keeping for us. Trump only seems to care about hiding his calls from is own aides and career officials in our own government, but he could care less if our enemies and adversaries get sensitive information, which they could use against us.

I know there's a lot of other shit Trump has done, but come on this really should rank higher on the list and should be an official scandal of its own.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm genuinely surprised Warren follows social media enough to know about the Billie & Van Halen thing lmfao. Or she saw the questions beforehand.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how stories like these don't get more attention. I mean Hillary supposedly lost because she was careless with classified/sensitive information.

But here we have Trump a walking national security risk who casually talks about classified information like it's the weather report and communicates on blatantly obvious insecure lines, he might as well just have the Russians and North Koreans do the Presidential record keeping for us. Trump only seems to care about hiding his calls from is own aides and career officials in our own government, but he could care less if our enemies and adversaries get sensitive information, which they could use against us.

I know there's a lot of other shit Trump has done, but come on this really should rank higher on the list and should be an official scandal of its own.

People are too busy discussing how unhinged Pelosi is, the latest Biden gaffe, or some other nonsense.

Also, at this point, the neigh on daily onslaught of Trump security failures is exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.