• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT2| #PresidentPelosi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't change the front the the flyer which people wouldn't stand by if it was a republican candidate? Unless you want to argue it's not racially coded in any way.

Eh, here's the Guardian article I was originally thinking of but it didn't have the image. The flyer 100% went out.
To be clear, I'm not standing by the flyer. But when the article says

"Inside the flyer, the Harris campaign argued that Hallinan had failed to keep communities safe from surging gang violence, pointing to his low conviction rate."

When in reality, most of it leans in on the idea of too many black and brown kids in jail creating a cycle of crime, where gangs are the only option available to kids, that needs to be addressed with stuff like mentorship programs, it's clear that the article is not really providing fair criticism.

And I do think there are very fair criticisms against her record as prosecutor/DA (I've made some myself) -- I just think it's a stretch to suggest she was a 'put kids in jail and throw away the key' caricature. She could have and can do better, but this is what her opponent, characterized by The Intercept as the super progressive DA, said after she beat him:

"I congratulate Kamala for running a great race," Hallinan said. "She made a big effort, a successful effort, at targeting my voters. She pretty much adopted my entire agenda."

Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Allow you to contribute more than 18k to your 401k!

Because that's what is holding American families back.
I would love it if they upped the 401k limit under a Republican president since that's the best policy we are likely to ever get from them, versus massive corporate and millionaire tax cuts. Under a Democratic president it's a hard no. But weak proposals like that aren't going to win her the primary anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
I would love it if they upped the 401k limit under a Republican president since that's the best policy we are likely to ever get from them, versus massive corporate and millionaire tax cuts. Under a Democratic president it's a hard no. But weak proposals like that aren't going to win her the primary anyway.
I gotta thank Dumbya for the HSA. Now my upper middle class ass can save even more money on taxes.

I wish they would up the IRA limit though. Millions, including me, don't qualify for a 401(k) plan with their employer, and the max for an IRA is tiddlywinks compared to the 401(k). Make them equal and allow a max that applies to both.

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Tariq Nasheed a hotep though?
I don't know if he's good intentioned and just getting played by trolls and the right or actually malicious.

Calling out Kamala Harris (and other children of black African/Caribbean/S.American immigrants like Barack Obama) as "wearing blackface" vs #ADOS "Native Blacks"?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he's good intentioned and just getting played by trolls and the right or actually malicious.

Calling out Kamala Harris (and other children of black African/Caribbean/S.American immigrants like Barack Obama) as "wearing blackface"?
IIRC, he's actively malicious.

Nov 20, 2017

Calling out Kamala Harris (and other children of black African/Caribbean/S.American immigrants like Barack Obama) as "wearing blackface"?
He made fun of Terry Crews for being sexually assaulted and has been on the bad faith Kamala hate train, so yeah, he's trash.

Oct 25, 2017

Calling out Kamala Harris (and other children of black African/Caribbean/S.American immigrants like Barack Obama) as "wearing blackface" vs #ADOS "Native Blacks"?
Was International Iron Man Tariq Nasheed all along?

Oct 25, 2017
So ADOS seems exclusive and nationalistic to me. Silly that some folks need to cause division among minorities, if some our own people need to do something like that they don't have our interests at heart, but their own.

IIRC, he's actively malicious.
It's sickening, there's always somebody that needs to be superior over others no matter if they are oppressed themselves. Fuck people like that, they are in it for themselves and not for everyone else.

Royalan

Buy Bionic. Please.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm glad that people like Klobuchar are running if for no other reason people will get to see what actual centrism looks like in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.