US PoliERA 2019 |OT2| #PresidentPelosi

Apr 4, 2018
Beto really really fucked up badly by basically falling off the face of the Earth after the midterms. Everyone else announcing their candidacy completely stole whatever hype he had built up and now he’s just some Johnny Come Lately.

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Kamala/Beto might just be the best ticket we've seen in quite some time, if it happens. The rallies would just be massive.
Can someone just skip the presidential race and run for vice-president because that should be Beto's route. Realistically Cornyn is safe, he is Senate leadership and will be protected. Meanwhile, other people have much better stakes in the race for president.

Oct 27, 2017
Beto really really fucked up badly by basically falling off the face of the Earth after the midterms. Everyone else announcing their candidacy completely stole whatever hype he had built up and now he’s just some Johnny Come Lately.
The man spent two years running for Senate and then lost a close race. Guy needs time to recharge.

Oct 26, 2017
I understood why he dropped off like that, but yeah I definitely feel less excited for him. I used to be on board for his candidacy but now I'm not too sure about it given more qualified alternatives who seem to be looking good like Kamala.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting stats from the Boston globe. From a pure biological standpoint, Maine and West Virginia are shrinking.

Across the state, the rapid aging of Maine’s population has reached a crucial tipping point. As baby boomers head into retirement, and many young people move away in search of opportunity, Maine is one of only two states, along with West Virginia, where deaths now outnumber births.
That gulf is reshaping life in the state in myriad ways, from shrinking the workforce to intensifying the demand for elderly services, and it will only widen in the coming years, demographers predict.

Already, Maine has more residents 65 and older than 18 and younger. By 2026, the number of residents over 65 is expected to skyrocket by 37 percent from its level in 2016, while nearly every other age group declines, partly the consequence of rising life expectancy and falling fertility rates.

Oct 26, 2017
Some meager details on the border security deal:

No idea if this is new stuff, just repairing old stuff, just barriers against cars, etc.
>

Erica Werner @ericawerner

The agreement reached tonight would include:

-$1.375b for border barriers (55 new miles of bollard fencing)
-Dems drop call for new cap on ICE beds for detentions in interior
-Overall cap on detention beds drops from 49,057 to 40,520

Per congressional official.

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson

President Coulter is NOT going to like this compromise agreement.

ZERO wall $. 55 miles of fence.

Hahahahahahahaahahahahaha.