• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT2| #PresidentPelosi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2018
Beto really really fucked up badly by basically falling off the face of the Earth after the midterms. Everyone else announcing their candidacy completely stole whatever hype he had built up and now he’s just some Johnny Come Lately.

Oct 25, 2017
Beto really really fucked up badly by basically falling off the face of the Earth after the midterms. Everyone else announcing their candidacy completely stole whatever hype he had built up and now he’s just some Johnny Come Lately.
I don't think he wants to run for President this go-around.

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Kamala/Beto might just be the best ticket we've seen in quite some time, if it happens. The rallies would just be massive.
Can someone just skip the presidential race and run for vice-president because that should be Beto's route. Realistically Cornyn is safe, he is Senate leadership and will be protected. Meanwhile, other people have much better stakes in the race for president.

Oct 27, 2017
The man spent two years running for Senate and then lost a close race. Guy needs time to recharge.

Oct 26, 2017
I understood why he dropped off like that, but yeah I definitely feel less excited for him. I used to be on board for his candidacy but now I'm not too sure about it given more qualified alternatives who seem to be looking good like Kamala.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great look if she doesn’t bring up the abuse.
I agree.

Hot take: Rachel has a little crush on Klobuchar-- she always seems to light up and be slightly moony eyed when she has her on, it's cute.

But Rachel shouldn't sweep those allegations under the rug, abusing staff is heinous and if those stories are true that should be disqualifying.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting stats from the Boston globe. From a pure biological standpoint, Maine and West Virginia are shrinking.

Across the state, the rapid aging of Maine’s population has reached a crucial tipping point. As baby boomers head into retirement, and many young people move away in search of opportunity, Maine is one of only two states, along with West Virginia, where deaths now outnumber births.
That gulf is reshaping life in the state in myriad ways, from shrinking the workforce to intensifying the demand for elderly services, and it will only widen in the coming years, demographers predict.

Already, Maine has more residents 65 and older than 18 and younger. By 2026, the number of residents over 65 is expected to skyrocket by 37 percent from its level in 2016, while nearly every other age group declines, partly the consequence of rising life expectancy and falling fertility rates.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so wsj and republicans setting her up as the "centrist", and Maddow spinning that as positive for some reason.

The interview started now, talking about her announcement speech first.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some meager details on the border security deal:

No idea if this is new stuff, just repairing old stuff, just barriers against cars, etc.
>

Erica Werner @ericawerner

The agreement reached tonight would include:

-$1.375b for border barriers (55 new miles of bollard fencing)
-Dems drop call for new cap on ICE beds for detentions in interior
-Overall cap on detention beds drops from 49,057 to 40,520

Per congressional official.

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson

President Coulter is NOT going to like this compromise agreement.

ZERO wall $. 55 miles of fence.

Hahahahahahahaahahahahaha.

Oct 27, 2017
Her congressional campaigns have been very successful in MN, but the headwinds are going to come stronger than ever.

"People should see me as a progressive because I am for progress."

Oct 27, 2017
I know we’ve joked about it, but honestly the staff abuse stuff is bad enough that it should really dominate any interview with her, not be a little serious moment in an otherwise puff piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.