• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Lol trump at the rally asking if everything was okay with the cameraman who was attacked. Hey guys, did my hate mob get ya? Yeah you gotta watch out, are you okay? Okay back to business, those guys back there are the enemy of the American people!

Is he at another rally already? Christ he's got no job.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
If Warren is our candidate it will be all native american mockery all the time and since that's all anyone will talk about it just be "but her emails" all over again all the way to a loss.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting and amazing that the flood gates holding back women candidates seems to have finally burst. Hillary might have lost, but an army of women are now following in her footsteps.
A lot of older people legit thought she'd be the one to finally do it. We've all been making jokes about it for ages and ages. Now that there's not an inevitability to wait on, someone has to step up and do it.

Ironically, I think Hillary losing is partially why we're seeing so many female candidates. Women have finally had enough with all of the bullshit we've thrown at them and are taking things into their own hands. It's pretty awesome.
Also this.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Trump won by a fluke of the electorate. And unless the Dems fuck up REALLY BAD (which is certainly possible), repeating this fluke for trump will be nigh impossible, especially when you consider all the Dem votes that stayed home in 2016 assuming Clinton would win.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Natasha Bertrand @NatashaBertrand

Senate Intelligence Committee aide tells me, re: NBC story, that right now there is "a common set of facts" that the panel is working with, "and a disagreement about what those facts mean."
They add: "We are closer to the end than the beginning, but we're not wrapping up."

Edit:

Re: the headline, "Senate has uncovered no direct evidence of conspiracy between Trump campaign and Russia," same aide says: "the word 'direct' is doing a lot of work here."

Last edited:

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Beto's both-sidesy comments a couple weeks back really turned off a lot of people.

It did with me, yeah. I didn't like it in the debates but him leaning harder in with the responsibility comment irritated me that it's somehow my fault that Texas is super cool with a 4channer Nazi tearing apart babies from families. This talk is too much of a white straight guy isolated from the effects and thus still able to take Republicans as having good faith.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

No show votes!

It's interesting and amazing that the flood gates holding back women candidates seems to have finally burst. Hillary might have lost, but an army of women are now following in her footsteps.
I think two (or three) things are in play here:
1a. Trump being a horrible man and his horrible views/policies on gender (among other things)
1b. #metoo fueling "If you wanna get the job done, you gotta do it yourself"
2. Not wanting to leave the taste of Hillary's failure in the mouths of the electorate/Hanging over future female

This is incredibly shallow but a pretty good outcome for AAs not calling for his head.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
The irony of this is that she is probably more fun IRL than several ~relatable~ candidates.

Kinda like Hillary to me. Almost all Second and First hand information of people hanging with Hillary was that she would drink and shoot the shit with Everyone. Also she remember people enough that My mom even got a phone call from her when she came to Baltimore because My mom Worked with some Of Hillary's people when she was trying to get Healthcare off the ground way back when. She wasn't that High up at all but she still remembered enough to help me and my sisters to get in college by writing letters of recommendation for us when My mom asked on whim way back during a Clinton charity event.
Why? It's a bad deal.

Yeah there is barely any clear framework in the bill and is so vague at some parts to be ineffectual.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Senate Intelligence Committee aide tells me, re: NBC story, that right now there is "a common set of facts" that the panel is working with, "and a disagreement about what those facts mean."
They add: "We are closer to the end than the beginning, but we're not wrapping up."

Edit:

Re: the headline, "Senate has uncovered no direct evidence of conspiracy between Trump campaign and Russia," same aide says: "the word 'direct' is doing a lot of work here."

As expected.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda like Hillary to me. Almost all Second and First hand information of people hanging with Hillary was that she would drink and shoot the shit with Everyone. Also she remember people enough that My mom even got a phone call from her when she came to Baltimore because My mom Worked with some Of Hillary's people when she was trying to get Healthcare off the ground way back when. She wasn't that High up at all but she still remembered enough to help me and my sisters to get in college by writing letters of recommendation for us when My mom asked on whim way back during a Clinton charity event.

Yeah there is barely any clear framework in the bill and is so vague at some parts to be ineffectual.

It is a vision statement at this point, not a direct policy proposal...

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry but Amy sounds like a fucking dick of a boss.
Just absolute garbage type of person I've worked under who undermines staff for no reason.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It did with me, yeah. I didn't like it in the debates but him leaning harder in with the responsibility comment irritated me that it's somehow my fault that Texas is super cool with a 4channer Nazi tearing apart babies from families. This talk is too much of a white straight guy isolated from the effects and thus still able to take Republicans as having good faith.
I'm in the same camp. Any both sides rhetoric is unwelcome this cycle imo.

That said, Beto's charisma could possibly be employed to good effect for a VP slot. I'm extremely wary of someone who leans in so hard to being a "moderate" though.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Trump won by a fluke of the electorate. And unless the Dems fuck up REALLY BAD (which is certainly possible), repeating this fluke for trump will be nigh impossible, especially when you consider all the Dem votes that stayed home in 2016 assuming Clinton would win.

I want to believe that, but remember Trump will have two things he didn't have in 2016 in 2020. Incumbency, which is always a huge boost, and A huge amount of money. Didn't he have $100 million as reelection campaign months ago? And it'll be even bigger one 2020 comes around. Yeah sure some of it will disappear into people's pockets but I still have an absurd amount of money to spend to just saturate all media with his ads.

The Democrats will still have a huge popularity advantage to be sure, but 2020 isn't a sure thing by any means, and there will be a Bloody fight for whoever ends up running against Trump.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Damn it man, your pushing Beto a little too hard/
Just take everything he says as the opposite of the truth and you'll be right 90% of the time. Sorry BoboBrazil, I like you, but I've been watching your predictions for a while and they're off very, very often (e.g. Beto's definitely going to win against Cruz, Rosenstein is definitely getting fired, Mueller's investigation is definitely ending, etc.)

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you have former and current staffers also saying they didn't see any of this behavior, and afaik all of these reports are from anonymous ex-staffers not showing any hard reciepts, maybe we should hold the phone for a second. Calling a future employer and asking to rescind the offer is next level insane.

Has anyone published any of these late night emails, etc?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Mark Kelly, I hear the book his brother Scott wrote about his (and Mark's) time as an astronaut is superb, I must check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.