• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
She eked out a win in a Democratic wave year. She's got a fine line to walk.

She won by 2.4% in a year when Democrats picked up multiple row offices for the first time in decades in a state that's rapidly going blue. You don't have to act like it's Alabama or Indiana or Missouri. Trump won it by less than 4%.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm getting less worries about Schultz as time goes on, and I wasn't that worried to begin with. His ideal framing of the election seems to be "Radical Republican v. Radical Democrat v. BRAVE REASONABLE MODERATE MAN!" I think it's much more likely the story will end up being "Billionaire v. Billionaire v. Someone who wants to tax billionaires." I think we do pretty well in that fight.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, a major issue with that earmarked misappropriated money is this 5.7 billion number they've become fixated on wouldn't fund shit. The actual, entire wall would wind up costing hundreds of billions and years and years, more than Trump would have even with a second term. The seizures of Americans' private lands alone would be years of litigation, maybe even actual decades (I believe there's still cases from the Bush admin over eminent domain yet to finish). Trump would be long dead in a grave of ever present piss and they'd still be litigating.
It would never be finished, and it would undoubtedly be the most corrupt, poorly run project in US history. Imagine the amount of contractors bribing the Trump admin to get deals on the construction or supply, imagine how inefficient the planning or building would be. I'd say it would be years before you even saw a mile of completed wall. They'll never justify this to a court.

They don't even have any design for it and they're demanding money without having any answer for where it's going to. Just a nebulous "wall" abstraction.

I go on and on and on about how stupid this wall is often, because I am regularly struck by its fundamental idiocy as a concept, and how stupid someone would have to be to think any of it would ever happen.

This is all good, but there's more. Natural barriers like valleys, rivers, and canyons also impede construction. Nature groups will sue for that too.

Then you have the mathematical impossibility of a physical linear border along a smooth curve (the actual border). Either you dip into Mexico (and they get to fuck with it there) or you chop off US territory on the other side (so US citizens could climb it and hang out on the other side tunneling away, IE coyotes).

Then you got the upkeep. People will knock out parts of it, graffiti it. An org could raise money for cheap ladders and prop them up all along it. You name it. If he could wish it existed tomorrow, it wouldn't stand unharmed for more than a month.

The idiocy is massive on this.

Polling he PAID for.

Asking for a friend, but how much did he pay? Because I could real...I mean, my friend could really "help" him with more polling.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm getting less worries about Schultz as time goes on, and I wasn't that worried to begin with. His ideal framing of the election seems to be "Radical Republican v. Radical Democrat v. BRAVE REASONABLE MODERATE MAN!" I think it's much more likely the story will end up being "Billionaire v. Billionaire v. Someone who wants to tax billionaires." I think we do pretty well in that fight.
I wouldn't underestimate him. He's a looming threat with no plans to slow down.

He could never win but could help Trump. If he's too blinded by his own ego to see that, what an ignorant self serving asshole he is. He's acting like a Democrat who isn't painfully centrist is just as bad as a second Trump term.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
If we didn't have the EC you would be right.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to throw shade on anyone (its good to have allies if these people are sincere) but the optics are amusing:

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Now that Schultz's book has been out for 2+ weeks, do you think we will see him ever again

How much money did he dump into Mercury's coffers?

Wait, so what's the National Emergency entail? Is the wall actually happening? Who the fuck is even paying for it?

I've been working since 7AM so I'm tired as hell.

I may be going out on a limb, but with the Commander-in-Cyka headed to fucking golf at his Emoluments Hideaway, probably jack shit. When they do unholy evil, it's usually after the ball's rolling good before we hear of it. This was pure, pathetic desperation.

Mitch and Lindsay are the worst of the worst.

Anyone get the feeling we're watching the spineless being seperated from the truly guilty as this goes on?

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I may be going out on a limb, but with the Commander-in-Cyka headed to fucking golf at his Emoluments Hideaway, probably jack shit. When they do unholy evil, it's usually after the ball's rolling good before we hear of it. This was pure, pathetic desperation.

Did a spit take at "Emoluments Hideaway". You need to try to get this one into circulation.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Sinema's actions since taking office only makes me more surprised at her definitively saying she would vote against Kavanaugh on the campaign trail.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Can Nancy push through a quick vote on ending the "Emergency" and push it over to the Senate to get those fucks on record? I think they have to vote on it with 2 weeks, right?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've been ignoring the news, so I just read about the emergency declaration. Will it be thwarted by courts or Congress swiftly?

Status
Not open for further replies.