• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017
The filibuster is almost a moot point. Even if a Dem president supports it, will enough Senators?

I feel like the only way to sway them is to make it a real issue after the primary, but during the general election campaign. The media will question the Senators about it and they will be forced to either support the filibuster or their parties nominee. If the push is after the election time will be wasted over something that will probably fail.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

H8_wVNviJeWmnOlRR2domnPhG7U=.gif

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh...

I forget what exactly she teased a few nights ago (Deutche Bank stuff?) but it should be juicy.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chris Hayes: So what are you going to do about the fillibuster?

Sen. Sanders: Well Trump wants to get rid of it so we should NOT do that. Also even if we had 51 Dem Senators not all of the would be progressive (the last point is true TBF to Sanders.)

Chris Hayes: Ok but if you're not sure you can get 51 Dem Senators on board how do you expect to get 60 total Senators on board?

Sen. Sanders: If millions RISE UP we can get the Congress to do what we want (I'm paraphrasing)

UGH. Most of the interview was fine but this and the previous point I posted about stuck out like sore and terrible thumbs >_<

Sanders is against nuking the filibuster? Immediate downgrade... sheesh.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
"Explosive new set of facts" on "a White House scandal" inbound on Maddow...

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If you hear about it before it happens it's fucking nothing. Never forget this.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
So the tee-off story is about Agnew trying to get Saudi help against his "Zionist enemies."

uskrw.jpg

zekp0.jpg

He closes the letter by congratulating their jihad against Israel.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
There's a handful of things that could probably get 60 votes - immigration reform, for example - but ultimately any Democratic President is going to be shackled to passing one bill a year by reconciliation that has to deliver on everything.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Reuters: North Korea warns of food crisis, slashes rations before next leaders' summit

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - North Korea has warned that it is facing a food shortfall of some 1.4 million tons in 2019 and has been forced to almost halve rations, blaming high temperatures, drought, floods and United Nations sanctions in a memo seen by Reuters on Thursday.
The release of the undated two-page memo by the North Korean mission to the United Nations comes ahead of a second summit next week between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breaking is reported as it breaks, not 30 minutes into someone's regularly scheduled tv show.

He's dead, so not much is going to happen to him. Also, it was 40 years ago, And he's still dead.
It's an interesting piece of news that wasnt known prior and involves Saudi Arabia giving him money to fight the jews. I dont know maybe we should just forget about reporting on all history like you say.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It's a verrrrrry long walk in regards to the legality of prosecuting a President/VP. Get on with it!

Oct 25, 2017
Breaking is reported as it breaks, not 30 minutes into someone's regularly scheduled tv show.

He's dead, so not much is going to happen to him. Also, it was 40 years ago, And he's still dead.

This is good, long term, investigative work; it has a ton of value. Also while Agnew is dead, all of the people and organizations he associated with are not. The fact that the same Saudi Royal Family that still runs the country funded a anti-zionist campaign in the US matters today.

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
I mean was this ever billed as "breaking"?

It said special report on her Tweet. The corner thingy during Chris Hayes said special report.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This is just a backdoor follow-up episode to Bagman, lol.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Did she really break into another persons broadcast with breaking news on a person who is dead and has no big enough legacy to be talked about in politics?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, some of you...

Also Adam Schiff seems to think something might be happening, making a letter and all to repubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.