• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

(((Harry Enten))) @ForecasterEnten

YouGov's latest poll finds that no person running for president right now has a positive net favorable rating with the general electorate.

d0c3evywkaahtdqx0jbr.jpg

5:53 PM - Feb 22, 2019

This seems not good

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Dianne was never in danger of losing.

It's also her final term.

And California certainly would not have benefited from having 2 junior Senators.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Who is likeliest to replace Feinstein when she retires (or to replace Kamala, should she be on the ticket)? Could Xavier Beccera make the same leap from CA AG to the Senate like Kamala did?
If Harris wins the presidency I expect him to be appointed to her seat, for sure. Probably be a slew of contenders by 2024 when Feinstein's seat is open.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

McConnell on Kentuckian US Amb to Canada Kelly Knight Craft nominated as next US Amb to UN: "The President made an exceptional choice for this critical post.Kelly Craft is a strong advocate for American interests & will be a powerful representative of our great nation at the UN."

"She has a long record of service to her state & the nation and I'm confident she will continue to serve with distinction as America's voice to the world at the United Nations. I was proud to recommend this remarkable Kentuckian to President Trump."-@senatemajldr on Kelly Craft.

6:39 PM - Feb 22, 2019

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe the NC election fiasco is not talked about more. It is arguably the biggest case of election fraud in the us, The GOP candidate's son testified against him, and there is a new election being held.

Fucking wild

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I thought people had to be blowing that Feinstein video out of proportion just because a lot of the left dislikes her.

Nope!

That was worse than I could have ever expected.

I cannot believe she said that "you come in here and say my way or the highway" shit.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Those numbers are great for Harris in terms of both visibility and likability this early.
Yeah all things considered her numbers are not terrrrrible. It's just kind of depressing that nobody is just all around well liked. I also wish it broke it down into party lean so we can parse where the "no opinion" balance lies (I assume it's not symmetrical).

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess difi could have handled that with softer hands but how exactly are you supposed to handle people demanding your vote for a sham bill?

divination

Oct 26, 2017

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Feinstein could have just said they were ironing out the details of the bill instead. It's tlclear the bill needs some work, but now you look like a jerk with that comment.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Your enthusiasm is awesome! I love what the Green New Deal is trying to do and I want to help improve it to iron out the kinks before I vote for it!"

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, could have handled it better but honestly I understand where she's coming from. Bunch of kids come in demanding your vote for a non-binding shitty bill being pushed by McConnel, she tried a softer approach starting out but it seemed like they weren't going to take no for an answer, so she put the boot down, yes, too harshly. Is her needing to resign over this a joke?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
"Your enthusiasm is awesome! I love what the Green New Deal is trying to do and I want to help improve it to iron out the kinks before I vote for it!"
I think she's at the point in her life where spinning bullshit is too much of a bother.

Her message would have been the same, even if she dressed it up like you want. There's no bill to vote for, and nothing the Senate Democrats can do about it right now.

Good, maybe she should start smoking it now so it chills her out and stops her from being abusive towards her staff.
More like it's the only way she can get anybody to still work for her.

After a day of that bullshit, who wouldn't need a hit or two to cope.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I like how they use "wealth" and "white" to denigrate leadership... and then expect us all to vote for Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.