• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT2| #PresidentPelosi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I am under the impression that he is planning to run in hopes of being picked as someone's head of the EPA, and I think he'd be a good pick for it tbh.

Added bonus: Dino Rossi would probably run for gov again so I'd get to vote against him again and that's always fun

EDIT: Ugh, I failed to quote again, this is referring to Inslee, if it's not obvious

There Is always the possibility that Barr actually does do the right thing and has just been paying Trump lip service.. I mean, look at Wray. Trump appointee who everyone thought would like Trump's balls at any given opportunity, yet has actually made the right decisions on a number of occasions and outright turned against Trump numerous times.

Oct 26, 2017

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

On the resolution to terminate Pres Trump’s emergency declaration, @SenatorCollins says “I want to see the language of the resolution to make sure that there aren’t other issues out in there, but assuming it is a clean resolution, I will support it.”

Q: What are you hoping to hear from Michael Cohen tomorrow?

COLLINS: “I cannot confirm that the intel committee is having Michael Cohen tomorrow even though all of you seem to believe that that is the case.”

(He is coming tomorrow)

Q: OK, hypothetically what do you want to hear (from Michael Cohen)?

COLLINS: “Hypothetically, I would hope that we would hear the truth from him, and that he would be asked the same questions he was asked last time to see what the answers are this time.”

5:38 PM - Feb 25, 2019

Oct 25, 2017
There Is always the possibility that Barr actually does do the right thing and has just been paying Trump lip service.. I mean, look at Wray. Trump appointee who everyone thought would like Trump's balls at any given opportunity, yet has actually made the right decisions on a number of occasions and outright turned against Trump numerous times.
"Pardon them all" Barr who wrote an anti investigation memo last year? Doubt it.

LOL at seeing it written so bluntly.

"We like her because she doesn't have a record."
Didn't she JUST win that seat too? Its like that one political site was going "Oh yeah, Davids should totally go for a Senate seat after just eeking out a win in a toss-up district" or maybe I aint seeing the math here.

It's a complete nothingness. Just the kind of thing he's been saying while he stays there praying Trump doesn't destroy everything, but yeah, this is the same guy who created a letter juystifying the firing of Comey after the fact. Survivor is right. Him and Comey are cut from the samde cloth, but I don't see this as bad news at all. Barr will create all the bad news. Barr is only on board to try and kill it. That has been true since he applied for the job by mangling the law in an unsolicited essay for Senpai.
Rod wrote that the second day he was on the job and was used afterwards for explanation #4 of 6 as to why Comey was fired months later.

Barr is still an annoying enigma. The lack of leverage on him (ala The Hot Tub Crime Machine and Beer Bong Brett) makes me keep my powder dry on him. Hell, the leading angle in my head is that he's trying to soft-land the GOP out of this adminstration and the biggest burial threat is for congressional GOP's culpability. Or he may stick with his friend. Or be like you said. An enigma.

Oct 25, 2017
Right, I agree this is a possibility. I mean, early into Trump's presidency, you had a shit ton more bad actors in the administration, at largely every office. But now, with Trump's presidency essentially over (Dems with the House means no more laws from him), why bother carrying water for him? He's already cooked for all intents and purposes; he can't give you anything in return for your loyalty, so you're better off positioning yourself like Wray. Take the hotshot job and salary, ride it out, and maybe keep the job for decades depending on what kind of job it is (like FBI director, a job that doesn't always see a shift when presidents rotate).

Status
Not open for further replies.