• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
0) In light of, uh, literally everything from this afternoon: do we wanna just reuse the cover photo of Pelosi putting on sunglasses?

tweet text said:
Pelosi is going to have to add Trump to her disclosure forms where it asks for a list of assets she owns.

tweet text and photo said:
Pelosi, in her lunch briefing, was absolutely biting when it came to her assessment of how McConnell had handled this entire process https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-caves-ends-longest-government-shutdown-in-history-without-his-precious-wall

Dxx-6zBWoAAgz8S.jpg

1) In 2018: Democrats gained 40 House seats (maybe 41 pending the NC-9 fraud investigation), 7 governor's mansions, 350 state legislative seats. (And as Our Real President said, abolish the Senate.)
ExJyWGF.png

2) The 2020 hellcycle has begun. Presidential primary stuff can be found here! We've otherwise got 11 state (and 2 territorial) gubernatorial elections to contest, every House seat, and all of the Class 2 seats plus Arizona's Class 3 seat in the Senate (in addition to a very large number of state legislative seats).

3) The 2018-19 shutdown is apparently finally ending, with zero border wall money & back pay guaranteed for the 800,000 federal workers but with an innumerable number of others never being able to recoup what they've lost over the last five weeks.

4) Roger Stone just got indicted, an indictment that included the fact that he "was contacted by senior Trump campaign officials to inquire about future releases" of stolen information by Wikileaks, and apparently Corsi's fully cooperating with the SCO.

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

Previous threads:

US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan

US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Trump going back on the CR, declare a national emergency, or do fucking nothing? Which are we looking at?

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
25% chance he comes back and proclaims a National Emergency
25% chance he just comes back to rant about the wall like an old man shaking his fist at the clouds
25% chance he comes back to rant about the Mueller Investigation like an old man shaking his fist at the clouds
25% chance he suddenly resigns out of nowhere, leaving everyone stunned.

Place your bets.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how stupid Trump is.

He could have just backed off and said he couldn't get a deal, take the beating for now and move on to something else to get a "win" on. People would have forgotten about it in a month

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
25% chance he comes back and proclaims a National Emergency
25% chance he just comes back to rant about the wall like an old man shaking his fist at the clouds
25% chance he comes back to rant about the Mueller Investigation like an old man shaking his fist at the clouds
25% chance he suddenly resigns out of nowhere, leaving everyone stunned.

Place your bets.

What about pardons?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I love the smell of a new thread, new arrests and a newly opened government. What a week.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
They're probably in the process of scrounging up some "news" to announce to make him look stronger and deflect from the MOAC (Mother Of All Caves).

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Cross-posting from the old thread...

The new CR should be able to reach a close to 100-0 veto proof majority, but with Bitch Mitch eagerly sucking the farts directly out of Trump's butthole I'm sure he wouldn't let that happen.
I mean, pretty clearly Cotton and Lee won't vote for it, and I expect show votes from likes of Cruz.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What a day. What a week.

(And I can't be hit with a 30 Rock reference for this because it's actually Friday, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.