• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I live for the day someone tells Chuck Todd to his face, on live television, "You are an absolute pathetic disgrace to your entire profession." But it probably won't happen because we have to all pretend that these ignorant hack journalists aren't for some reason.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I live for the day someone tells Chuck Todd to his face, on live television, "You are an absolute pathetic disgrace to your entire profession." But it probably won't happen because we have to all pretend that these ignorant hack journalists aren't for some reason.

lol Has she been interviewed by Chris Matthews yet? Chuck Todd is a piece of cake to him. :)

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

I hold him in the same bottom tier regard as Hannity. The most loathsome both-sides fraudulent piece of shit MSNBC has ever hired.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

BFN: Rep. Seth Moulton Is Thinking About Running For President
WASHINGTON — Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton is thinking about running for president, he told BuzzFeed News in an exclusive interview.
The Democrat, best known for being a vocal critic of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, spent the 2018 cycle mentoring and endorsing Democratic candidates nationwide, work that has taken him through early presidential states like Iowa and made him a rising Democratic star. He is fresh off a trip to New Hampshire, where he spoke to Democrats in Bedford last weekend.
"I'm thinking about running for president," Moulton told BuzzFeed News. "I'm not definitely running, but I'm going to take a very hard look at it. A very serious look at it. Because I believe it's time for a new generation of leadership, and we gotta send Donald Trump packing."

More in the link.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
[INSERTNAME] is thinking of running for President having a feverdream that they have a snowball's chance in hell of getting 5 votes in the primary before dropping out.

Nov 20, 2017

BFN: Rep. Seth Moulton Is Thinking About Running For President
WASHINGTON — Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton is thinking about running for president, he told BuzzFeed News in an exclusive interview.
The Democrat, best known for being a vocal critic of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, spent the 2018 cycle mentoring and endorsing Democratic candidates nationwide, work that has taken him through early presidential states like Iowa and made him a rising Democratic star. He is fresh off a trip to New Hampshire, where he spoke to Democrats in Bedford last weekend.
"I'm thinking about running for president," Moulton told BuzzFeed News. "I'm not definitely running, but I'm going to take a very hard look at it. A very serious look at it. Because I believe it's time for a new generation of leadership, and we gotta send Donald Trump packing."

More in the link.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.png

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

The Associated Press @AP

BREAKING: Virginia lawmaker backs off plans to introduce impeachment bill on Monday seeking ouster of Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.

Patrick Hope @HopeforVirginia

Yesterday I sent draft language to my colleagues on the first step of an impeachment action regarding the Lt. Governor. There has been an enormous amount of sincere and thoughtful feedback which has led to additional conversations that need to take place before anything is filed.

We owe it to all parties involved- especially the victims- to make sure that we have thought through every option the General Assembly has. That's what these conversations are for- so we can build more consensus on a path forward.

I believe Dr. Vanessa Tyson and Meredith Watson. I promise that my work on this issue will be tireless until we have a process and outcome that treats these women with the respect they deserve going forward.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
The Associated Press @AP

BREAKING: Virginia lawmaker backs off plans to introduce impeachment bill on Monday seeking ouster of Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.

Yesterday I sent draft language to my colleagues on the first step of an impeachment action regarding the Lt. Governor. There has been an enormous amount of sincere and thoughtful feedback which has led to additional conversations that need to take place before anything is filed.

We owe it to all parties involved- especially the victims- to make sure that we have thought through every option the General Assembly has. That's what these conversations are for- so we can build more consensus on a path forward.

I believe Dr. Vanessa Tyson and Meredith Watson. I promise that my work on this issue will be tireless until we have a process and outcome that treats these women with the respect they deserve going forward.

Nothing actually matters lol. All these guys should resign.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

The Associated Press @AP

Fuck this shit.

Who got to him?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The far-left DOES need to stop the implicit antisemitic rhetoric. I don't support Israel, but it is naive to just ignore blatant and historical antisemitic stereotypes involving Jews, money, and secret influence. Acting like "oh Israel doesn't mean Jews so calm down" is ignoring the point! A lot of people on the right and the left don't care if you say Israel or AIPAC. When they hear or read someone implying Israel controls the United States, many think Jews! The Pittsburgh shooter thought HIAS controlled the United States, and used this to attack random Jews even though none of them were involved with HIAS. There must be better communication by the left regarding this issue because shrugging it off does Jews a disservice and forces us into a dilemma where calling out antisemtism makes us racist Zionists and excusing it makes us self-hating.
yeah nailed it. money in politics isn't really an issue and only AIPAC gets criticized for it; you never hear people on the left complain about the Koch brothers having influence over u.s. politics for example. Great point there.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Omar has been saying a lot of shady things since getting elected. I think someone should look into primarying her.
The far-left DOES need to stop the implicit antisemitic rhetoric. I don't support Israel, but it is naive to just ignore blatant and historical antisemitic stereotypes involving Jews, money, and secret influence. Acting like "oh Israel doesn't mean Jews so calm down" is ignoring the point! A lot of people on the right and the left don't care if you say Israel or AIPAC. When they hear or read someone implying Israel controls the United States, many think Jews! The Pittsburgh shooter thought HIAS controlled the United States, and used this to attack random Jews even though none of them were involved with HIAS. There must be better communication by the left regarding this issue because shrugging it off does Jews a disservice and forces us into a dilemma where calling out antisemtism makes us racist Zionists and excusing it makes us self-hating.
Calling out AIPAC as part of the wider "we need to get dark money out of politics" argument is not antisemitic in any way.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also, frankly, I don't won't these people influencing democratic politics. so good riddance.

the whole Glenn Beck, Samantha Bee arc was embarrassing. hate that Ana Navarro and Bill Kristol are on "our" side. the whole thing is so depressing.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

>

Yashar Ali @yashar

In a post on his website in Feb 2016, Erickson wrote: "As we have seen so far, those who are deluding themselves thinking that if they support Trump, he will support them, will instead find themselves slowly compromised on both their integrity and values"https://theresurgent.com/2016/02/22/i-will-not-vote-for-donald-trump-ever/
Not that it matters.

The diaper is full. I repeat. The diaper is full.

>

Nick Confessore @nickconfessore

This tweet came immediately after @JoeNBC criticized the president, based on @axios reporting, as lazy. Trump purports not to watch the show.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Pew Research Center @pewresearch

NEW: 34% of Americans say blackface in a Halloween costume is acceptable at least sometimes https://pewrsr.ch/2SjsSr2

yvkxm.jpg

53% of Americans think it is generally unacceptable for a white person to use makeup to darken their skin to appear to be a different race as part of a Halloween costume, including 37% who say this is never acceptable. https://pewrsr.ch/2SFOtZZ

dzh7xmwwsaapmdso3jou.jpg

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I know I shouldn't pay any attention to anything he says because he is a compulsive liar and a complete idiot. I logically know that. But I can't help but feel rather enraged by the idea that he "inherited a mess" from an actual President that literally did inherit a mess from another Republican that drove the economy into the shitter, pulled us back from that saving the US Auto Industry and giving people more affordable healthcare on the way.

This fat piece of shit comes into office with the country already running along fine on cruise control with record low unemployment and the longest bull run in stock market history and has the nerve to say he inherited a mess. The only reason some people think this piece of shit has done a good job is because Fox News suddenly stopped lying about the state of the country economically as soon as he was sworn in.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

NEW: 34% of Americans say blackface in a Halloween costume is acceptable at least sometimes https://pewrsr.ch/2SjsSr2

yvkxm.jpg

53% of Americans think it is generally unacceptable for a white person to use makeup to darken their skin to appear to be a different race as part of a Halloween costume, including 37% who say this is never acceptable. https://pewrsr.ch/2SFOtZZ

dzh7xmwwsaapmdso3jou.jpg

Dat deplorable %

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

yvkxm.jpg

dzh7xmwwsaapmdso3jou.jpg

So 50% of Republicans think that blackface is always or sometimes acceptable.

Gotcha.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
In lighter news here's AOC's interview with Chuck Todd.

Her political instincts and training are coming across swimmingly here. Chuck tries to trip her up but she's able to dodge his attacks perfectly. I'm overjoyed that they're figuring out plans to get majorities and that compromises, within reason, are being applied to get the Green New Bill passed. That's what I wanted to hear. Fantastic!

I remember when many were singing Chuck's praise on GAF when he was primarily a numbers guy. What an utter disappointment he has been. He is all about the sport of politics and nothing else.

Oct 27, 2017
Native American on Morning Joe covering Warren, and people's perceptions of Native Americans. Says that Native Americans aren't just victims of US history, but participants. He personally doesn't care about the Warren form stuff, since many Oklahomans identified as and with Native Americans and he kind of gets that. It was a short segment, it will probably be posted up soon.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

The Associated Press @AP

Come the fuck on. Fucking more "I believe women and that's why we won't do shit to help them"?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Not to hone in on this because this really sucks (and is probably not even the worst that's happened to anyone, which is doubly depressing), but:

She had never cared either way about politics, or whether there was a concrete wall or a steel barrier or metal slats or nothing at all along the U.S.-Mexico border, but she admired President Trump for his business savvy. She believed he was a tough negotiator, but lately she felt like collateral in one of his deals.
Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Apathy/ignorance towards politics combined with the "Trump is a genius businessman" myth are alone responsible for so much bullshit in today's political landscape (but of course, not all of it).

Oct 27, 2017
Tonight in el paso trump and beto will have competing rallies.

Meanwhile Klobuchar will be on Maddow tonight. If Maddow doesn't ask about the staff treatment I will be very disappointed.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Not to hone in on this because this really sucks (and is probably not even the worst that's happened to anyone, which is doubly depressing), but:

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Apathy/ignorance towards politics combined with the "Trump is a genius businessman" myth are alone responsible for so much bullshit in today's political landscape (but of course, not all of it).
She's Latina too.

I read the whole thing. Felt bad for her but it was limited once I read that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.