• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

I don't see this happening. If Trump does this, he cedes the last of his leverage.

I'm not sure he wants another shutdown. He completely caved on the last one and it's going to look like even more of a shitshow if we have another.

Unless he poison-pills it and funds all agencies except Department of Agriculture (to hold SNAP hostage) and DHS.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Flight attendant union calls for general strike if government shuts down again

The president of a union representing nearly 50,000 flight attendants is calling for a public strike if lawmakers aren't able to reach a funding deal on Friday to keep the government open.

Sara Nelson, the president of the Association of Flight Attendants, told multiple news outlets, including Hill.TV that her union is planning demonstrations in major airports around the country on February 16.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I am ignorant about ADOS thing. Is it some people whom are Black Americans attacking her or something for not represent AAs or something?
From what I understand: the idea is that black Americans descended from slaves are a unique group in the United States that ought to be specifically targeted instead of being offered broad proposals for "minorities"

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure he wants another shutdown. He completely caved on the last one and it's going to look like even more of a shitshow if we have another.

Unless he poison-pills it and funds all agencies except Department of Agriculture (to hold SNAP hostage) and DHS.

That would the ultimate "played yourself" move. I can't believe even he's stupid enough to think he could specifically target SNAP and somehow sell it as the Dems fault.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't change the front the the flyer which people wouldn't stand by if it was a republican candidate? Unless you want to argue it's not racially coded in any way.

Eh, here's the Guardian article I was originally thinking of but it didn't have the image. The flyer 100% went out.
To be clear, I'm not standing by the flyer. But when the article says

"Inside the flyer, the Harris campaign argued that Hallinan had failed to keep communities safe from surging gang violence, pointing to his low conviction rate."

When in reality, most of it leans in on the idea of too many black and brown kids in jail creating a cycle of crime, where gangs are the only option available to kids, that needs to be addressed with stuff like mentorship programs, it's clear that the article is not really providing fair criticism.

And I do think there are very fair criticisms against her record as prosecutor/DA (I've made some myself) -- I just think it's a stretch to suggest she was a 'put kids in jail and throw away the key' caricature. She could have and can do better, but this is what her opponent, characterized by The Intercept as the super progressive DA, said after she beat him:

"I congratulate Kamala for running a great race," Hallinan said. "She made a big effort, a successful effort, at targeting my voters. She pretty much adopted my entire agenda."

Thanks!

Last edited:

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Allow you to contribute more than 18k to your 401k!

Because that's what is holding American families back.

I would love it if they upped the 401k limit under a Republican president since that's the best policy we are likely to ever get from them, versus massive corporate and millionaire tax cuts. Under a Democratic president it's a hard no. But weak proposals like that aren't going to win her the primary anyway.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I would love it if they upped the 401k limit under a Republican president since that's the best policy we are likely to ever get from them, versus massive corporate and millionaire tax cuts. Under a Democratic president it's a hard no. But weak proposals like that aren't going to win her the primary anyway.
I gotta thank Dumbya for the HSA. Now my upper middle class ass can save even more money on taxes.

I wish they would up the IRA limit though. Millions, including me, don't qualify for a 401(k) plan with their employer, and the max for an IRA is tiddlywinks compared to the 401(k). Make them equal and allow a max that applies to both.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Didn't know about alot of this stuff. I know about the card but I didn't realize that the government was tracking all that shit.

Nov 20, 2017
I don't know if he's good intentioned and just getting played by trolls and the right or actually malicious.

Calling out Kamala Harris (and other children of black African/Caribbean/S.American immigrants like Barack Obama) as "wearing blackface"?

He made fun of Terry Crews for being sexually assaulted and has been on the bad faith Kamala hate train, so yeah, he's trash.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he's good intentioned and just getting played by trolls and the right or actually malicious.

Calling out Kamala Harris (and other children of black African/Caribbean/S.American immigrants like Barack Obama) as "wearing blackface" vs #ADOS "Native Blacks"?
Was International Iron Man Tariq Nasheed all along?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK I just checked Seth Moulton's website and he JUST had a town hall nearby on Saturday, and nothing upcoming is listed. Fuck.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know why Klobbs is running. Anyone know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.