• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ezgif-4-1a7f426b08c7iqjxq.gif

Aaron Rupar @atrupar

Donald Trump Jr sounds like the annoying guy yelling at you from the next barstool

Don Jr's hand gestures could use some work
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1095140144930275329

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting stats from the Boston globe. From a pure biological standpoint, Maine and West Virginia are shrinking.

Across the state, the rapid aging of Maine's population has reached a crucial tipping point. As baby boomers head into retirement, and many young people move away in search of opportunity, Maine is one of only two states, along with West Virginia, where deaths now outnumber births.
That gulf is reshaping life in the state in myriad ways, from shrinking the workforce to intensifying the demand for elderly services, and it will only widen in the coming years, demographers predict.

Already, Maine has more residents 65 and older than 18 and younger. By 2026, the number of residents over 65 is expected to skyrocket by 37 percent from its level in 2016, while nearly every other age group declines, partly the consequence of rising life expectancy and falling fertility rates.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so wsj and republicans setting her up as the "centrist", and Maddow spinning that as positive for some reason.

The interview started now, talking about her announcement speech first.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Some meager details on the border security deal:

No idea if this is new stuff, just repairing old stuff, just barriers against cars, etc.

>

Erica Werner @ericawerner

The agreement reached tonight would include:

-$1.375b for border barriers (55 new miles of bollard fencing)
-Dems drop call for new cap on ICE beds for detentions in interior
-Overall cap on detention beds drops from 49,057 to 40,520

Per congressional official.

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson

President Coulter is NOT going to like this compromise agreement.

ZERO wall $. 55 miles of fence.

Hahahahahahahaahahahahaha.

Oct 27, 2017
Her congressional campaigns have been very successful in MN, but the headwinds are going to come stronger than ever.

"People should see me as a progressive because I am for progress."

Oct 27, 2017
I know we've joked about it, but honestly the staff abuse stuff is bad enough that it should really dominate any interview with her, not be a little serious moment in an otherwise puff piece.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Trump says he's "1 for 1" in elections, and now he's going to be "2 for 0."

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Though I'd still much much rather give $0, this could be amusing bait for Trump. That it's explicitly defined at "55 miles of bollards" and not just a random pile of money is also an improvement.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something keeps happening at this trump rally but I can't tell what

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, bollards? Like those metal or concrete pillars used to stop vehicles in heavy pedestrian zones?!

Oct 27, 2017
"I love my staff" but clearly nervously agitated answering; cites examples of people who went on to serve others, "I may push too hard but I have high expectations for them, us, and the country". Maddow is following up on it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for the line about the months, but the 1-1 2-0 mix up seems like something they would test someone with dementia on.
The reason why I say this is I'm currently working to get my aunt officially diagnosed with. She had her initial appointment with a neurologist and they did the quick cognition test. Did a lot worse than a year ago at her GP. They're gonna do a shitload of tests to confirm the diagnosis, but it's likely she has the early stages. As fucking predicted by my husband and me- my uncle was in denial.

Her and Trump are about the same age.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm watching the Klobuchar Maddow interview and she was def harder on Gillibrand and Harris.

Amy basically gave the same, "I love my staff. They went on to do great things." answer we already got. Wish Rachel would've asked her about her alleged anger issues and the story about Harry Reid having to talk to her about he temperament.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Kentucky is emptying out. I know that here in Louisville, our population growth is heavily dependent on foreign-born people moving here and having kids.
My sister in law, who is probably even more to the left than me, lives in Louisville and I have no idea why. Her and her long-term boyfriend even moved out to NYC for him to go to school... and then they came back. Why. There's no family there; she's from WA like my husband. I know Louisville is probably the best part of Kentucky, and honestly didn't seem that bad when we visited her, but I'm not quite sure why someone would voluntarily move there multiple times when Yertle, Rand, and Bevin are your legislators (yes I know Louisville has a D House member). Possibly the worst trio in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.