• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Besides the 88 for Heil Hitler, the 18 is also used by neonazis and skinheads: AH = Adolf Hitler.

That seems a lot more plausible than the border wall conspiracy. Hmmmm. That's pretty disgusting....and on further thought, actually lends credibility to the border wall conspiracy (tldr: 1.375 billion for the wall = 14 55 miles=88 kilometers.) Hummmmm.

Albert

Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly impressive how the media has reduced Klobuchar's violent, physically and emotionally abusive behavior towards her staff to vague "mistreatment" while also completely sweeping her breaking of the law under the rug.

Staffers would have to come out publicly for any of this stuff to really stick, but I completely understand why they wouldn't want to. Klobuchar would probably retaliate.

YES!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
The World

bqgLb4A.gif

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

OK, that's damned good.

The logo, the use of "launching my campaign", bringing up the idea that between a Congressperson and an astronaut she somehow had the dangerous job, the call for science and reason in Congress. It all uses his background and skillset while still seeming deeply human.

That's a proper rollout.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017

Democratic Primary Voters

Biden 29%
Sanders 22%
Harris 13%
Warren 8%
Beto 7%
Booker 5%
Klobuchar 3%
Bloomberg 2%
Brown 2%
Bullock 1%
Castro 1%
Gabbard 1%
Gillibrand 1%
Hickenlooper 1%
Holder 1%
Buttigieg|Delany|Inslee|McAuliffe 0%

Second Choice Selections

Biden Supporters
Sanders 27%
Harris 15%
Warren 9%

Bernie Supporters
Biden 26%
Warren 16%
Harris 7%

HARRIS SUPPORTERS
Biden 20%
Beto 14%
Booker 13%

WARREN SUPPORTERS
Sanders 25%
Harris 14%
Biden 13%

O'ROURKE SUPPORTERS
Sanders 20%
Biden 18%
Harris 14%

Oct 27, 2017
The World

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
So I see that AOC's Chief of Staff completely bundled the Green New Deal thing. No idea why 2020 Dems are jumping all over it either.

Like, experts who have spent their time on this don't agree with the completely unrealistic goals which will just feed false GOP attacks.

Not to mention, why the hell does it talk about economic policy changes?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/02/green-new-deal-unrealistic-impossible-experts.html
almost none of these people think that the United States can achieve its goal of 100 percent renewable energy by 2030.

This can't have been a serious proposal. We're not even at 20% renewable in Europe, and that's the 2020 target which we probably won't meet.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Democratic Primary Voters

Biden 29%
Sanders 22%
Harris 13%
Warren 8%
Beto 7%
Booker 5%
Klobuchar 3%
Bloomberg 2%
Brown 2%
Bullock 1%
Castro 1%
Gabbard 1%
Gillibrand 1%
Hickenlooper 1%
Holder 1%
Buttigieg|Delany|Inslee|McAuliffe 0%

Second Choice Selections

Biden Supporters
Sanders 27%
Harris 15%
Warren 9%

Bernie Supporters
Biden 26%
Warren 16%
Harris 7%

HARRIS SUPPORTERS
Biden 20%
Beto 14%
Booker 13%

WARREN SUPPORTERS
Sanders 25%
Harris 14%
Biden 13%

O'ROURKE SUPPORTERS
Sanders 20%
Biden 18%
Harris 14%

I'm pretty surprised at the amount of Biden/Sanders crossover. Aside from being older white men, they are pretty far apart politically. The Warren/Sanders and Harris/Biden crossover makes more sense.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it still mostly about name recognition at this point?

Huge part, yes, but recall the sheer number of folks in 2016 who seemingly ordered their Dem preference Sanders > Biden > Clinton. It breaks any sense of ideological continuity, but it's a ranking that existed among quite a few.

There are some charitable reasons that could happen, but a lot more uncharitable ones.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Huge part, yes, but recall the sheer number of folks in 2016 who seemingly ordered their Dem preference Sanders > Biden > Clinton. It breaks any sense of ideological continuity, but it's a ranking that existed among quite a few.

There are some charitable reasons that could happen, but a lot more uncharitable ones.

Ah yes, the 'By fuck I'm sexist' position.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the 'By fuck I'm sexist' position.

Huge element to it, but I'd add that I think a lot of people simply use Biden as a Rorschach due to his sheer surface likability. After all, he's Uncle Joe, our favorite uncle! He's Diamond Joe, political kingmaker! He's The Onion Joe, fun-loving rascal!

Just like Medicare for All, Biden is whoever you want him to be.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Are...are we not supposed to hold people to standards because one shit bag refuses to adhere to them?

We are, but constantly going on the defense from people who have no morals already is absolutely not the way to do it.
Dude's fucking Mexican.

Are you kidding me.

As a black Puerto Rican, it doesn't matter if you're Mexican, rican, or whatever else. There are some shitty Latinos out there for sure.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
That Mark Kelly announcement really is fantastic. Almost thought he was launching a presidential campaign -- it had all the same notes I would be looking for.

Edit -- this is an awesome observation:

Oct 26, 2017
Uh.....

That's literally why some of them were arrested in the first place.

The only official information Mueller has given out is through "speaking indictments". Most people aren't lawyers...

The media has tried to translate but until a clear report and narrative is released tying it all together, it's going to go over the head of most Americans.

That said, I believe there are some pols that show a good portion of Americans believe there was some shady shit going on with the Trump campaign and that Russia has something on Trump. So once the Mueller Report comes out along with a "Mueller Report for Dummys" document that puts all the pieces together, I think the majority of the public will be very receptive to it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Welp McSalty, it's been real. Arizona about to become blue.
Too bad we couldn't get the governor's seat last year (seriously, don't know what happened with our nominee, he went from the best performing Democrat on the ticket in 2014 to the worst in 2018), but on the flip side we're just one seat away from tying the State House and I believe two in the State Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.