• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
So Washington's Governor (who might run for president) is for getting rid of the Senate fillibuster:

That's my governor
terrell-owens-crying.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how much I can personally project into every single micro update about the Mueller investigation. This means that, that means this.

Right now I'm circling around acceptance. Not 'nothing will happen,' since that is already thoroughly untrue but more like, 'nothing really changes.' It is more or less going to be impossible to remove Trump from office, which is what I actually want. It's just not going to happen and I'm making my peace with it.
Yeah, there's never been any chance the Senate convicts unless they find corpses tied to Trump... and even then there's only a 50/50 shot the Senate convicts.

The only way we're getting him out of office is with a vote... and I question how easy that's going to be. Trump is going to use every dirty trick in the book, he's going to use every advantage of the office. Daily presidential addresses from the Oval for the last month? Military action days before the election? Faked latino terrorist attack? For the racism. Accusing his competitor of everything the alt-right internet can come up with.

That's not counting the crazy shit that's going to be coming at us from abroad.

I'm pretty sure we can do it... but this is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportion.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the only way. There's always a toilet rage shitting cardiac arrest while composing a tweet. It's what I thought "covfefe" might be when that first went down.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait Fox gave her a show?
Apparently it's only racism when you say the specific words...

White people can now apparently call other races mongrels and invading hordes without it being racist. A friends dad told me that. He also said flying a Nazi flag in America is a "heritage" thing.

Fox News and conservative internet have completely ruined people.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Apparently it's only racism when you say the specific words...

White people can now apparently call other races mongrels and invading hordes without it being racist. A friends dad told me that. He also said flying a Nazi flag in America is a "heritage" thing.

Fox News and conservative internet have completely ruined people.
Nah those people were scumbags way before those things existed.

Conservative media, AM radio, and Fox News merely enlightened all the disparate and isolated racists, fascists, and authoritarians to the fact that they weren't alone.

They were always there, but many of them stayed in the closet because the overall image America likes to promote of itself wasn't directly compatible with the terrible people saying their words out loud. They were the awful and embarrassing relatives everybody dreaded seeing at Thanksgiving, but put out mind the rest of the year because those people largely stayed quiet.

Then conservative media gave them a voice and spokesmen. It created a movement for them, and they eagerly fell in line.

Oct 25, 2017
He use to think twice before saying or posting anything blatantly racist.

Now it flows from him openly.

Only three things have changed for him in the last decade. He became an exclusive Fox News watcher, he began to read sites like the Blaze and Breitbart, and Donald Trump.

He was always an ass. He's become a scumbag.

All of those thoughts were likely there at the outset, but he didn't have outlets affirm so staunchly that his preconceived notions were 100% correct. Now he does.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iran Foreign Minister Javad Zarif just resigned, wonder why
Hardliners probably forced him out and Ayatollah bucked under pressure. They were always against Obama and Zarif and the entire JCPOA. And since Trump nuked it, the hardliners are happy and could go "See? We told you America sucks!!"

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't understand why Rod is saying this, he appoints mueller, protects mueller for as long as he can, and now he's doing PR for the new AG who was picked specifically to shut down the investigation.

I dont get it.

There are several possibilities:

1) Rod is naive, in the Benjamin Wittes sort of way, believing that traditional Republicans will always do the right thing in the end
2) Rod is saying this to cover his own butt and avoid the appearance of DoJ strife if the report is largely or completely snuffed
3) Rod knows that Barr actually will do the right thing and favor transparency, even for activities the DoJ cannot personally charge (executive) under current guidelines

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Rod is saying this, he appoints mueller, protects mueller for as long as he can, and now he's doing PR for the new AG who was picked specifically to shut down the investigation.

I dont get it.

It's a complete nothingness. Just the kind of thing he's been saying while he stays there praying Trump doesn't destroy everything, but yeah, this is the same guy who created a letter juystifying the firing of Comey after the fact. Survivor is right. Him and Comey are cut from the samde cloth, but I don't see this as bad news at all. Barr will create all the bad news. Barr is only on board to try and kill it. That has been true since he applied for the job by mangling the law in an unsolicited essay for Senpai.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I am under the impression that he is planning to run in hopes of being picked as someone's head of the EPA, and I think he'd be a good pick for it tbh.

Added bonus: Dino Rossi would probably run for gov again so I'd get to vote against him again and that's always fun

EDIT: Ugh, I failed to quote again, this is referring to Inslee, if it's not obvious

Oct 30, 2017
There Is always the possibility that Barr actually does do the right thing and has just been paying Trump lip service.. I mean, look at Wray. Trump appointee who everyone thought would like Trump's balls at any given opportunity, yet has actually made the right decisions on a number of occasions and outright turned against Trump numerous times.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

On the resolution to terminate Pres Trump's emergency declaration, @SenatorCollins says "I want to see the language of the resolution to make sure that there aren't other issues out in there, but assuming it is a clean resolution, I will support it."

Q: What are you hoping to hear from Michael Cohen tomorrow?

COLLINS: "I cannot confirm that the intel committee is having Michael Cohen tomorrow even though all of you seem to believe that that is the case."

(He is coming tomorrow)

Q: OK, hypothetically what do you want to hear (from Michael Cohen)?

COLLINS: "Hypothetically, I would hope that we would hear the truth from him, and that he would be asked the same questions he was asked last time to see what the answers are this time."

5:38 PM - Feb 25, 2019

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There Is always the possibility that Barr actually does do the right thing and has just been paying Trump lip service.. I mean, look at Wray. Trump appointee who everyone thought would like Trump's balls at any given opportunity, yet has actually made the right decisions on a number of occasions and outright turned against Trump numerous times.
"Pardon them all" Barr who wrote an anti investigation memo last year? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.