• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Actually more Kansans hanging around here than I would have thought as well. Also seem to be the more liberal sort. Which is... very rare.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
LOL at seeing it written so bluntly.

"We like her because she doesn't have a record."

Didn't she JUST win that seat too? Its like that one political site was going "Oh yeah, Davids should totally go for a Senate seat after just eeking out a win in a toss-up district" or maybe I aint seeing the math here.

It's a complete nothingness. Just the kind of thing he's been saying while he stays there praying Trump doesn't destroy everything, but yeah, this is the same guy who created a letter juystifying the firing of Comey after the fact. Survivor is right. Him and Comey are cut from the samde cloth, but I don't see this as bad news at all. Barr will create all the bad news. Barr is only on board to try and kill it. That has been true since he applied for the job by mangling the law in an unsolicited essay for Senpai.

Rod wrote that the second day he was on the job and was used afterwards for explanation #4 of 6 as to why Comey was fired months later.

Barr is still an annoying enigma. The lack of leverage on him (ala The Hot Tub Crime Machine and Beer Bong Brett) makes me keep my powder dry on him. Hell, the leading angle in my head is that he's trying to soft-land the GOP out of this adminstration and the biggest burial threat is for congressional GOP's culpability. Or he may stick with his friend. Or be like you said. An enigma.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
There Is always the possibility that Barr actually does do the right thing and has just been paying Trump lip service.. I mean, look at Wray. Trump appointee who everyone thought would like Trump's balls at any given opportunity, yet has actually made the right decisions on a number of occasions and outright turned against Trump numerous times.

Right, I agree this is a possibility. I mean, early into Trump's presidency, you had a shit ton more bad actors in the administration, at largely every office. But now, with Trump's presidency essentially over (Dems with the House means no more laws from him), why bother carrying water for him? He's already cooked for all intents and purposes; he can't give you anything in return for your loyalty, so you're better off positioning yourself like Wray. Take the hotshot job and salary, ride it out, and maybe keep the job for decades depending on what kind of job it is (like FBI director, a job that doesn't always see a shift when presidents rotate).

Jan 15, 2019
Omg please elaborate y'all.

Not surprised one bit.
I mean it wasn't anything like "Ah Bernie's done, he's cancelled" but he failed to address the sexual assault part of the question and had to be reminded by Wolf to address it. The answer was fine once he got it out there, but it came with an undercurrent of "I don't really want to be talking about this."

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I see this Bernard town hall is going about as well as I expected.

This is a good thing.

I mean it wasn't anything like "Ah Bernie's done, he's cancelled" but he failed to address the sexual assault part of the question and had to be reminded by Wolf to address it. The answer was fine once he got it out there, but it came with an undercurrent of "I don't really want to be talking about this."
Thanks.

I didn't think you were saying that he was done. It's just a big issue for me and it's the major reason why I refuse to vote for Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.