• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this is even worse than I expected from everyone's comments! What a non-answer! Fuck you, Bernard, you fucking piece of shit!!

Better now than later I guess. But his tax answer was if anything, much clumsier and more bizarre than this In terms of political presentation - His response here is the kind of shit tier subject changing dissembly I would expect from a Matt Gaetz freshman bozo type, not a liberal seasoned career politician - and that's just the quality of his lie, sorry I mean rhetorical feint - the underlying substance of his answer is obviously far more grave.

Jan 15, 2019
That town hall gave me more confidence than I had yesterday that Bernie is myspace and the nominee will be facebook. Bernie was here first and popular with the kids, but the nominee will be sleeker and more palatable to the electorate as a whole.

Edit- I don't think the reparations answer was really all that yikes. Wasn't great, but it wasn't awful.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Tax return question:

Dude seems hostile about literally every question I've seen so far. As if he's entitled to coast his way to the nom and can't believe these people who are asking him legitimate questions.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
That town hall gave me more confidence than I had yesterday that Bernie is myspace and the nominee will be facebook. Bernie was here first and popular with the kids, but the nominee will be sleeker and more palatable to the electorate as a whole.
Yeah Bernie's greatest strength right now is built in fanbase and name recognition

Oct 25, 2017

Edit- I don't think the reparations answer was really all that yikes. Wasn't great, but it wasn't awful.
The exchange about warren's answer and the way he really really wanted to move on was worse tbh.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
The exchange about warren's answer and the way he really really wanted to move on was worse tbh.
He knows the term is divisive and wants to avoid using it but supports the same sort of policies Warren pointed to (and afaik Kamala hasn't really talked about any policies). And he's just really clumsy about dealing with walking those kind of tightropes.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Tax return question:

Dude seems hostile about literally every question I've seen so far. As if he's entitled to coast his way to the nom and can't believe these people who are asking him legitimate questions.

He's always been a surly asshole. Some people find it charming, but I can't stand it.

Gives me major Bill Maher douche chills.

Oct 25, 2017
He knows the term is divisive and wants to avoid using it but supports the same sort of policies Warren pointed to (and afaik Kamala hasn't really talked about any policies). And he's just really clumsy about dealing with walking those kind of tightropes.
Yeah, the tightrope is ultimately a hard one to walk. With the ADOS movement gaining ground fast though, he's gonna need a better one.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the tightrope is ultimately a hard one to walk. With the ADOS movement gaining ground fast though, he's gonna need a better one.
I don't think he's ever really been that interested in getting better at talking off message so I wouldn't expect much movement there. Getting outwardly annoyed when he has to engage with what he sees as distractions from his message is just part of who he is.

edit: I'm talking more generally -- he may develop better messaging on this particular issue because it ties in with his messaging, but in general I think we can expect more outwardly annoyed Bernie and that's never going away. And yeah, to some, that's part of his charm -- the less polished, less focus tested answers can feel more authentic.

Last edited:

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Spoken like someone who never clicked a myspace profile in the 8th grade and had their dial-up internet connection brought to a halt by someone's egregious HTML sparkly text graphics scrolling down their page while a Panic at the Disco song screeched from their computer speakers.

Facebook is literally complicit in multiple ongoing genocides.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
ā€” He's definitely hiding something in his tax returns.

ā€” personally AGAINST nuclear holocaust imho

ā€” also against any armed Mexican conflicts

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/1100224125975576576

"I strongly support statehood for Washington DC," says @BernieSanders in #SandersTownHall. How to make it happen? "I hope my Republican colleagues do the right thing" and back statehood for DC.

This is the unsatisfying answer that Dem senators are asking every advocate of Medicare for All, Green New Deal, election reform, DC statehood and gun safety to accept: "I hope Republicans do the right thing." No way this answer survives the next 18 months

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I think anyone who is surprised by Rosenstein's comments about Barr and the Mueller report has probably been overestimating Rosenstein's commitment to the #Resistance. He's not our friend here.

Also, Bernie looks like he's lost weight. I wonder if he's waiting until after April 15th to release his last ten years of tax returns, so that the cut off goes forward one year and we get that much less info. Or if he's just embarrassed it will look bad that he's well off. I dunno. It is weird. If they're that boring, he should just release them.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm lttp on this but this whole thing about Clinton campaign staffers bitching about Bernie campaigning for Clinton in 2016...like, guys. Just shut the fuck up.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Is there like, a video clip section of msnbc's website? Marcy Wheeler is on tonight and I wanted to watch the segment. Apparently I'm old and can't navigate this thing (not sure what show she might be on in particular).

edit: think I found it but don't see her segment yet

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, hopefully the reports of Indian airstrikes in Pakistan are overblown. Too many wars ratcheting up nuclear tensions there already...

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me why there's nothing wrong with Sanders' answer and how stutteringly badly he gave it?
I'm not doing this, but his wife did their taxes herself, and any problems with them will reflect on her, so he's soft-pedaling it? She might be putting him off and he doesn't want to stand up to her? Maybe they're having a real accountant go over them? I think he doesn't want to do it because he's wealthy and it will make him look hypocritical.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
If Bernie doesn't want to prepare any better answers to some of these questions his best hope is that Biden runs and gives him cover by somehow giving significantly worse ones to the point where people don't even remember

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not doing this, but his wife did their taxes herself, and any problems with them will reflect on her, so he's soft-pedaling it? She might be putting him off and he doesn't want to stand up to her? Maybe they're having a real accountant go over them? I think he doesn't want to do it because he's wealthy and it will make him look hypocritical.
She's been "doing their taxes" since 2016... I assume there would be no problem releasing earlier years. Something's off imo

Status
Not open for further replies.