• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not doing this, but his wife did their taxes herself, and any problems with them will reflect on her, so he's soft-pedaling it? She might be putting him off and he doesn't want to stand up to her? Maybe they're having a real accountant go over them? I think he doesn't want to do it because he's wealthy and it will make him look hypocritical.

I don't mind if he's wealthy. Of course he's wealthy! He's legally allowed to do insider trading. His disclosures to congress contain the fact that he's way better off than the vast majority of Americans. But he's had three years to think up a better answer. So has his wife. He's applying for the most pivotal job on earth, "my wife is sensitive about doing our taxes" literally isn't good enough, even if we were credulous enough to buy it.

But whatever the reason is, "Mrs. Bernie is still making them look nice" is absurd. And he must know this is going to boil over. Maybe it's a super convoluted, matrixed, long=game three year plan to make anyone who doubted him look foolish.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But whatever the reason is, "Mrs. Bernie is still making them look nice" is absurd. And he must know this is going to boil over. Maybe it's a super convoluted, matrixed, long=game three year plan to make anyone who doubted him look foolish.
That is definitely an overestimation of the skill level of the parties involved.
My assumption is that Bernie has engaged in a large amount of the conduct he has been critical of, and is either preparing an addendum to his current stump speech to feed the base; or he legit can't find the accordion folder where they've kept the taxes for the last 30 years.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like India is dropping bombs inside Pakistan tonight, would be the first crossing of the LoC in almost 50 years. Interesting to see if this changes anything for the overseas trip/summit if things escalate.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kashmir skirmish is fucking terrifying in the era where Trump is the head of foreign policy and the possibly key in de-escalations.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's ever really been that interested in getting better at talking off message so I wouldn't expect much movement there. Getting outwardly annoyed when he has to engage with what he sees as distractions from his message is just part of who he is.

edit: I'm talking more generally -- he may develop better messaging on this particular issue because it ties in with his messaging, but in general I think we can expect more outwardly annoyed Bernie and that's never going away. And yeah, to some, that's part of his charm -- the less polished, less focus tested answers can feel more authentic.
Have you seen Warren's answers on the same questions? I almost feel like she'll outclass him at the debate stage.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie was fucking terrible tonight. Whatever he may have had in 2016 he has no longer. Almost embarassing to watch.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Should I be having panic attacks about India and Pakistan, or should I just look away from ERA for a bit and distract myself?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
India has elections in, like, two months.

The Prime Minister's been embroiled in some controversies.

Not hard to add two and two.

Jan 15, 2019
Bernie was fucking terrible tonight. Whatever he may have had in 2016 he has no longer. Almost embarassing to watch.
"The left eats itself" is a popular phrase and in this case, Bernie ate himself. He greatly shifted the window in regard to what dem voters can expect candidates to advocate for and commit to. People sort of marveled at him in 2015 for going up against 90's triangulation type policies and saying things that a lot of voters had clearly wanted to hear for a long time, but fast forward three years and now voters are like "Yeah, but how about reparations?"

He's basically being flanked from the left by a voterbase he's responsible for activating.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
The republican 2020 plan is to call Dems baby killers. You'd hope trump completely going overboard would be counterproductive because people know he lies, but 1) there are a lot of dumb people and 2) it forces Dems to spend time clarifying.

Jan 15, 2019
Is Mayor Pete gonna get a townhall?

I want Mayor Pete to get a townhall.
I'd be all about this. It doesn't make much sense to me for some candidates to get the opportunity and not others, especially since minor candidates like Klobuchar have been given the opportunity. If CNN is going to host the 2nd debate in July, then I think as a matter of fairness every candidate who will be at the debate should have an opportunity to do a CNN town hall beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.