• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| My name is Paul Manafort and I fucking love crimes...and the judge respects that

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
Were you also shocked that it was a half joke that got laughs? Context is fun.
No but he really didn't say anything about a UBI in answer. I understand it was a joke, I just assumed he was asked a question about internet or something related. He was really broadly talking about minimum wage being too low at first then it really went off from there.

I'm just saying he could have said why he does or doesn't support a UBI at the moment but he didn't really address it in a meaningful way in his answer.

Oct 25, 2017
No but he really didn't say anything about a UBI in answer. I understand it was a joke, I just assumed he was asked a question about internet or something related. He was really broadly talking about minimum wage being too low at first then it really went off from there.

I'm just saying he could have said why he does or doesn't support a UBI at the moment but he didn't really address it in a meaningful way in his answer.
He seemed like he only had 30 minutes and was trying to hit all his campaign starting point notes. I mean he spent a lot of time on climate change and yet im just reading folks saying he doesnt care about the important issues like climate change. A lot of people simply have no interest in the details anymore and are going full tribal. Most of them seem to be Bernie supporters coming from the left.

Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious that Trump hates and fears Beto as someone who can outdo him at the things Trump things are "his thing" (drawing crowds, giving speeches, amassing media attention without buys, etc), and of course can beat him. But he also seems to have fuck all to attack him with, hence this lame grasping crap like "he moves his hand! Cuh-razy!?".

Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious that Trump hates and fears Beto as someone who can outdo him at the things Trump things are "his thing" (drawing crowds, giving speeches, amassing media attention without buys, etc), and of course can beat him. But he also seems to have fuck all to attack him with, hence this lame grasping crap like "he moves his hand! Cuh-razy!?".
Same thing when it comes to Pelosi and being outplayed in Congress. He also knows he can't call her a cunt.

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see how things shake out. Im tempted to get sucked into this shit but honestly its a huge waste of energy and time. There is a lot of time to play out and Biden is gonna announce. Would be best for everyone's health to wait till next year until you get invested.

plagiarize

Yearning to breathe free
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The gun advertising segment that just aired on Maddow is a perfect example of why I could never live in the US.
If you don't mind almost no diversity, Massachusetts is pretty nice. If you'd like some diversity, Washington state is really nice. Here in MA, we have lots of mean old gun control (and very little gun violence compared to most other states).

plagiarize

Yearning to breathe free
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Beto's a little thirsty for donations today lol. Got 4 emails from him today already. Wonder what the numbers look like
He's been hitting me up on SMS.

No dice Beto! Not unless you secure the nomination. Then you'll get my money, but until then, I'm helping Kamala (and I sent Pete Buttigieg five bucks to help get him in the debates because he deserves to be).

Beto's a little thirsty for donations today lol. Got 4 emails from him today already. Wonder what the numbers look like
Yeah I finally caved

He's been hitting me up on SMS.

No dice Beto! Not unless you secure the nomination. Then you'll get my money, but until then, I'm helping Kamala (and I sent Pete Buttigieg five bucks to help get him in the debates because he deserves to be).
I got two Kamala emails today with subject line: Beto O'Rourke

Caz

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
He was a skater boy
Texas said see you later boy
He wasn't good enough for them
Now he's a super star
Tearing up Iowa
Does your shitty state see what he's worth?
As a Canadian, i'm offended by your use of that awful song.

You could have used Southern Man instead:
Southern man, Beto keep ahead
Don't forget how close he came to beatin' Ted
Southern change gonna come at last
Now your calves are cramping fast

Oct 27, 2017

As a Canadian, i'm offended by your use of that awful song.

You could have used Southern Man instead:
She was good in Iowa too, and drew crowds. Even confronted one of her unpopular previous opinions, on abortion.

But the media has ordained its enthusiasm candidates for this cycle - Harris, Sanders, and O'Rourke. The rest are useful to fill programming slots here and there.

Elizabeth Warren never stood a chance. Noone is electing a policy nerd and the Pocahontas DNA stuff was campaign ending. She won't beat Trump if she gets the nom. She is great on policy though
I think she'd do fantastic against any generic R and would be at the top of my list in any other election at any other time. Against Trump tho she scares the shit out of me and gives me Midwest nightmares. 🤢 I've said it before but seriously, fuck you Wisconsin. I don't trust you.

Oct 25, 2017
I think she'd do fantastic against any generic R and would be at the top of my list in any other election at any other time. Against Trump tho she scares the shit out of me and gives me Midwest nightmares. 🤢 I've said it before but seriously, fuck you Wisconsin. I don't trust you.
I doubt she would pick up any of the must win battleground states if she makes it to the general. Trump will be trashing her non stop and that's the clips the media will play while spending the rest of their broadcast saying how her policies aren't possible.