US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| My name is Paul Manafort and I fucking love crimes...and the judge respects that

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how McConnell essentially removed the need for Trump to veto anything just by not holding votes for anything he wouldn’t sign; even if we could get 2/3rds on it

Only didn’t happen this time because he couldn’t stop it
The majority leader has way too much power. One person controlling whether legislation even comes up for a vote has proven to be far too exploitable.

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The majority leader has way too much power. One person controlling whether legislation even comes up for a vote has proven to be far too exploitable.
The Speaker has the same power but yeah, it's too much. Both houses should change the rules to allow the minority leader to force votes on bills that have enough support to pass.

Dec 3, 2018
Watching CNN, he just said this is just as big if not a bigger emergency than the others that presidents had to declare. People that have had their homes and lives destroyed by a storm or some other catastrophe must feel real proud of their president right now...

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
So what happens now? Court challenges? When does he get access to the money?
The court challenges have already been filed in several states from different points of attack (PR is suing on the basis of emergency funds being diverted for instance) and as far as I know the Trump admin hasn't even finalized the design of any wall. We should be really glad that these fascists are so incompetent.

Oct 26, 2017

Matt Viser @mviser

Beto O’Rourke: "Beyond a shadow of a doubt that the president sought to collude with a foreign power against the United States to undermine our democracy. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the president sought to obstruct justice in the investigation into what happened in 2016."

But, he adds, he’s not calling on impeachment, saying Trump will be removed at the ballot. "I’m not asking congress to do one thing or another. You’re asking if the president committed impeachable offenses. Yes. Period."

4:18 PM - Mar 15, 2019

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the court challenges on the basis of this executive order fail, the challenges based on the land grabbing will be tied up in courts for decades. Short of Congress passing a bill to fund the wall there was never a chance of it getting built

Oct 29, 2017

Matt Viser @mviser

Beto O’Rourke: "Beyond a shadow of a doubt that the president sought to collude with a foreign power against the United States to undermine our democracy. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the president sought to obstruct justice in the investigation into what happened in 2016."

But, he adds, he’s not calling on impeachment, saying Trump will be removed at the ballot. "I’m not asking congress to do one thing or another. You’re asking if the president committed impeachable offenses. Yes. Period."

Typical mealy mouthed Beto.

Oct 30, 2017
London

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

Pres Trump in oval office says he spoke with NZ prime minister "to express the sorrow of our entire nation." Trump called the shooting a "horrible, horrible thing." And then, he went on to talking about US border security: "Crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border.”

Trump said: "If we had the proper protections, we wouldn’t have to apprehend them." He called bill intended to revoke declaration "dangerous" and "reckless."

"I will be signing and issuing a veto," Trump said. "People hate the word invasion, but that’s what it is."

Vice President Mike Pence standing near Trump says: "I don’t know that I’ve ever been more proud than to be standing next to you today." He added the "crisis at the border is a crisis all across this nation" & to Trump said "You’re keeping your word by vetoing this legislation."

AG William Barr in Oval says: The emergency order “clearly authorized under the law” and the "humanitarian and security crisis" is "exactly the kind of emergency” upon which action warranted.

3:48 PM - Mar 15, 2019
Pence's endless ass-kissing is sickening.

Matt Viser @mviser

Yikes M8 at least wait for Mueller's report

Oct 25, 2017
The court challenges have already been filed in several states from different points of attack (PR is suing on the basis of emergency funds being diverted for instance) and as far as I know the Trump admin hasn't even finalized the design of any wall. We should be really glad that these fascists are so incompetent.
Okay, so there's pretty much no way he'll be able to campaign on how he's building the thing? Not without lying anyways. We aren't actually going to see new wall being built?

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Okay, so there's pretty much no way he'll be able to campaign on how he's building the thing? Not without lying anyways. We aren't actually going to see new wall being built?
He's on multiple occasions claimed that the wall is already being built or is finished, sometimes in the course of the same moment of claiming that the Democrats are standing in the way of the wall being built. There is no reality surrounding any of this nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump lies whether he's campaigning or not, and he's lied plenty already about what's happening with the border.

Oct 25, 2017
He's on multiple occasions claimed that the wall is already being built or is finished, sometimes in the course of the same moment of claiming that the Democrats are standing in the way of the wall being built. There is no reality surrounding any of this nonsense.
True, and that's what I mean. He'll continue to say that he's building it and make "FINISH THE WALL" his big campaign slogan, but nothing will actually be built.

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I have never hated anyone more intensely than this motherfucker.
It's refreshing in a way that the whole world can now know Trump the way I've known him my whole life as a black man who grew up in NYC. Seeing the way he was normalized over the years into this media personality made me sick to my stomach but now everyone gets to experience what a piece of shit he is everyday.

Oct 25, 2017
It's refreshing in a way that the whole world can now know Trump the way I've known him my whole life as a black man who grew up in NYC. Seeing the way he was normalized over the years into this media personality made me sick to my stomach but now everyone gets to experience what a piece of shit he is everyday.
I honestly didn't know who he was until the birther crap, so it's doubly weird going back to old movies and TV shows and seeing references to him. The Critic knocks him at least once per episode.

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly didn't know who he was until the birther crap, so it's doubly weird going back to old movies and TV shows and seeing references to him. The Critic knocks him at least once per episode.
I can't (I can) believe that SNL let that vile cunt host...in fucking late 2015, well after his "mexicans are rapist" escalator ride.

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Could be any number of reasons why he isn’t revealing them. Most likely scenario is that the numbers are okay but not as good as Bernie. No point in revealing them in that case.
Sure there's a point. I don't expect him to beat Bernie, who has 123,456,789,012 previous donors to draw on. But he could show that he's ahead of any of the other candidates that released first-day totals. Did he not beat Harris or Warren either?

Oct 25, 2017
If there is anything we must do as soon as possible it’s how politicians raise money and how this entire system works

Seeing Beto and Kamala and others back off of M4A when their having problems with fundraising. Gillibrand going to big pharma...

Warren just kicking around because she knows she’s cooked and it doesn’t matter anyway...

But really it’s scary.

Nothing good will change until we do something about this. Not just healthcare, climate change, education... literally anything..

And seriously Like no politicians like raising money. They all actively hate it. It’s degrading and embarrassing. They all know this. So it would be doing everyone a favor

Feb 28, 2018
If there is anything we must do as soon as possible it’s how politicians raise money and how this entire system works

Seeing Beto and Kamala and others back off of M4A when their having problems with fundraising. Gillibrand going to big pharma...

Warren just kicking around because she knows she’s cooked and it doesn’t matter anyway...

But really it’s scary.

Nothing good will change until we do something about this. Not just healthcare, climate change, education... literally anything..

And seriously Like no politicians like raising money. They all actively hate it. It’s degrading and embarrassing. They all know this. So it would be doing everyone a favor
All these candidates cornered themselves here. I'm not sure if they had a choice to begin with though.

Public financing of elections was part of the HR1 iirc, hopefully that's the first bill the Dem President passes.

Oct 25, 2017
All these candidates cornered themselves here. I'm not sure if they had a choice to begin with though.

Public financing of elections was part of the HR1 iirc, hopefully that's the first bill the Dem President passes.
They did not have a choice

No one would be able to raise like Hillary did last cycle especially in a crowded field like this one. The democratic base is too hyper aware of it now.

The good news is I think money problems overall will fix themselves when the nomination is clear atleast from a competitive stand point

Feb 28, 2018
They did not have a choice

No one would be able to raise like Hillary did last cycle especially in a crowded field like this one. The democratic base is too hyper aware of it now.

The good news is I think money problems overall will fix themselves when the nomination is clear atleast from a competitive stand point
I'm now wondering what Biden thinks right now - he probably won't get grassroots support to the point where he can be competitive, and taking CPAC money is a death sentence on your campaign.