• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| My name is Paul Manafort and I fucking love crimes...and the judge respects that

Oct 27, 2017
Even without ending it, the other thing about the electoral college is that it could be allocated a lot more fairly. The easy way to do that would be to increase the size of the house so that electoral college electors per capita can more correctly be distributed to the states. Wyoming currently gets 3 EC votes representing like 300,000 each, while California gets 55 representing well over 700000 each.

Oct 25, 2017
Even without ending it, the other thing about the electoral college is that it could be allocated a lot more fairly. The easy way to do that would be to increase the size of the house so that electoral college electors per capita can more correctly be distributed to the states. Wyoming currently gets 3 EC votes representing like 300,000 each, while California gets 55 representing well over 700000 each.
Huh, that's like saying a California vote is worth some fraction of a Wyoming vote, like 2/5ths...but why does that sound familiar

Jan 15, 2019
If I recall, Montana is actually the state most due for a new representative in terms of representatives per capita, which is why neither party really advocates for expanding the House because after you shake out the numbers there's pretty minimal benefit for either party.

Oct 27, 2017
If I recall, Montana is actually the state most due for a new representative in terms of representatives per capita, which is why neither party really advocates for expanding the House because after you shake out the numbers there's pretty minimal benefit for either party.
Beyond it being more fair, the benefit for Democrats in expanding the house would be that it dilutes the impact of the 2 “free” electoral votes that each state get.