• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
England
Public funding, which used to be a mainstream Democratic position until Obama realized he can get more money by running an algorithmic nagging campaign that employ the same tactics boner pill ads and Nigerian scammers use, so now fuck that.
As long as college kids gonna keep giving those fuckers their drinking money this wouldn't change.
I think big donors vs. small donors is the wrong question, it should be private vs. public financing, and again, dems were all for the latter until they realized they can get a ton of money by hustling college kids to give them money they can't really spare.
I honestly think if you're all for public financing you need to stop donating to dems, because as long as they can keep up with GOP with small donations they ain't gonna do shit to move that stuff.
Remember how Obama backed off his promise once his data guys showed him how much money they can get online?

Or at the very fucking least, stop acting like a millionaire who takes money for people way poorer than him is a good thing we need to celebrate.
In order -
1. I'm willing to bet a lot that like a 5 mil for Beto is less meaningful than a lot of his small donations were to the people who gave it to him. But while we all accept people with more students debt that net worth giving money to millionaires, said millionaires actually tapping their immense wealth so apply to an amazingly lucrative job is beyond the pale.

2. https://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/20/us/politics/20obama.html

3. Yes , and I'm trying to get voters to like it less because I think it's counter productive.

Lastly, while it's true that no one is forcing people to donate, those campaigns operate very sophisticated campaigns designed to nag, guilt and scare people into donating, I don't think you can just hand wave that stuff with like "yeah, free choice". You're also ignoring the effect this stuff has.

p.s.
I know campaigns like Beto love to imply that Trump's gonna win if some poor college kid won't give their beer money, but I really really don't think that's true.

Just out of curiosity, were you this affronted when those same poor college kids gave their money to Bernie? Or did you just save it for Beto?

Oct 27, 2017
if it comes down to a more progressive democrat prez with a 48-dem senate vs beto with a 52-dem senate, i'll take the latter
not that we'll have any non-ass-pulled numbers for months highlighting down ballot potential, of course

Oct 27, 2017
This Emergency Declaration legislation that the GOP wants to limit it in the future is a joke. They drafted it to make sure Trump gets his way on the wall, but make sure no democratic President can use it in the future. And of course Trump supports it, as long as it doesn't affect his emergency and only future dem presidents. So transparent and full of shit. I hope no dem sign onto this, unless there is language added in that fucks Trump.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming you aren't being sarcastic, Gillibrand went on record saying the Lewinsky affair should have been enough for Bill Clinton to resign.
She said Bill should have resigned due to his sex scandals

And Bill was like..."I disagree with her.

*excuse me while I use my status to quietly end her political ambition now*
Oh ok, didn't know if I was missing something else other than that. Thanks.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This Emergency Declaration legislation that the GOP wants to limit it in the future is a joke. They drafted it to make sure Trump gets his way on the wall, but make sure no democratic President can use it in the future. And of course Trump supports it, as long as it doesn't affect his emergency and only future dem presidents. So transparent and full of shit. I hope no dem sign onto this, unless there is language added in that fucks Trump.
Pelosi has said she isn't going to present it in the house so it should be fine.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Erin Murphy

@ErinDMurphy

A dispatch from my interview with @BetoORourke and covering two of his #iacaucus stops Thursday in southeast Iowa: https://qctimes.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/o-rourke-calls-for-unity-during-iowa-visit/article_970125f3-771b-5584-b8fb-735027fc375f.html …

And adding here a quintessential #iacaucus tale that didn't make the cut:@BetoORourke told me when checking out of his hotel this morning, the staff told him they heard there was a POTUS candidate in town. When he said "That's me!" they didn't believe him.

4:53 PM - Mar 14, 2019

Vaughn Hillyard

@VaughnHillyard

Great story. But also seriously, people don't know who Beto O'Rourke is. Not just in Iowa. @MorningConsult polling last week backs that. 30% of Dem voters nationally say they have not heard of O'Rourke--compare that to 21% for Harris, 11% for Warren, 2% for Biden, 2% for Sanders.

5:27 PM - Mar 14, 2019

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im 13 minutes into the Beto town hall in iowa and he hasnt misspoke or screwed up once. His delivery and memory is probably the best out of everyone right now.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017

Erin Murphy
@ErinDMurphy

A dispatch from my interview with @BetoORourke and covering two of his #iacaucus stops Thursday in southeast Iowa: https://qctimes.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/o-rourke-calls-for-unity-during-iowa-visit/article_970125f3-771b-5584-b8fb-735027fc375f.html …

And adding here a quintessential #iacaucus tale that didn't make the cut:@BetoORourke told me when checking out of his hotel this morning, the staff told him they heard there was a POTUS candidate in town. When he said "That's me!" they didn't believe him.

4:53 PM - Mar 14, 2019

Vaughn Hillyard
@VaughnHillyard

Great story. But also seriously, people don't know who Beto O'Rourke is. Not just in Iowa. @MorningConsult polling last week backs that. 30% of Dem voters nationally say they have not heard of O'Rourke--compare that to 21% for Harris, 11% for Warren, 2% for Biden, 2% for Sanders.

5:27 PM - Mar 14, 2019

There's gonna be some extra free press for him on HBO in a month or two when that campaign doc comes out.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Beto has charisma and substance. I can see him being elected, but at this stage it's still very hard for me to visualize what exactly his Presidency would look like.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Beto announced like six hours ago and I feel like he's already done more campaign events than anyone else in the race except maybe Warren.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beto playing guitar and singing at campaign events with rock stars is something the media won't be able to pass up. He's going to look cool af and be the guy you can have a beer with. That's all that matters to alot of the voters in the USA. He's going to help Dems retake the Senate and regain a foothold for Dems in the Midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.