• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised that Cernovich is going 'I'm just worried about the children in Hollywood' today, but I'm still disappointed. Like anyone believed he thought that A: children were at risk or that B: he'd done anything to prevent Gunn having a career in Hollywood.
If Cernovich is actually worried that children are in any sort of danger from James Gunn being reinstated, then he is a fucking idiot. In fact, I'm pretty damn certain he doesn't actually believe that and that he is just being disingenuous to own the libs.

Wait, you pretty much said as much yourself. Oh well.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Probably won't pass, given it only received 245 votes initially (needs 290 to override), but hey, why not. Maybe the Senate vote will give more House Republicans cover to buck the party.

Amidst all the excitement (and a broken arm) I missed that the Democrats introduced the Equality Act and the DREAM Act in the House over the last couple days. Both should pass easily, and I'd hope would be easy first 100 days achievements for the next D president.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

Pres Trump in oval office says he spoke with NZ prime minister "to express the sorrow of our entire nation." Trump called the shooting a "horrible, horrible thing." And then, he went on to talking about US border security: "Crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border."

Trump said: "If we had the proper protections, we wouldn't have to apprehend them." He called bill intended to revoke declaration "dangerous" and "reckless."

"I will be signing and issuing a veto," Trump said. "People hate the word invasion, but that's what it is."

Vice President Mike Pence standing near Trump says: "I don't know that I've ever been more proud than to be standing next to you today." He added the "crisis at the border is a crisis all across this nation" & to Trump said "You're keeping your word by vetoing this legislation."

AG William Barr in Oval says: The emergency order "clearly authorized under the law" and the "humanitarian and security crisis" is "exactly the kind of emergency" upon which action warranted.

3:48 PM - Mar 15, 2019

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how McConnell essentially removed the need for Trump to veto anything just by not holding votes for anything he wouldn't sign; even if we could get 2/3rds on it

Only didn't happen this time because he couldn't stop it

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Pres Trump in oval office says he spoke with NZ prime minister "to express the sorrow of our entire nation." Trump called the shooting a "horrible, horrible thing." And then, he went on to talking about US border security: "Crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border."

Trump said: "If we had the proper protections, we wouldn't have to apprehend them." He called bill intended to revoke declaration "dangerous" and "reckless."

"I will be signing and issuing a veto," Trump said. "People hate the word invasion, but that's what it is."

Vice President Mike Pence standing near Trump says: "I don't know that I've ever been more proud than to be standing next to you today." He added the "crisis at the border is a crisis all across this nation" & to Trump said "You're keeping your word by vetoing this legislation."

AG William Barr in Oval says: The emergency order "clearly authorized under the law" and the "humanitarian and security crisis" is "exactly the kind of emergency" upon which action warranted.

Pence and Barr are hacks and I hope they go to jail.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how McConnell essentially removed the need for Trump to veto anything just by not holding votes for anything he wouldn't sign; even if we could get 2/3rds on it

Only didn't happen this time because he couldn't stop it
The majority leader has way too much power. One person controlling whether legislation even comes up for a vote has proven to be far too exploitable.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The majority leader has way too much power. One person controlling whether legislation even comes up for a vote has proven to be far too exploitable.
The Speaker has the same power but yeah, it's too much. Both houses should change the rules to allow the minority leader to force votes on bills that have enough support to pass.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to Trump talk about immigration topics at this point is beyond infuriating. He lies more naturally and more often than he breathes.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Watching CNN, he just said this is just as big if not a bigger emergency than the others that presidents had to declare. People that have had their homes and lives destroyed by a storm or some other catastrophe must feel real proud of their president right now...

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
So what happens now? Court challenges? When does he get access to the money?
The court challenges have already been filed in several states from different points of attack (PR is suing on the basis of emergency funds being diverted for instance) and as far as I know the Trump admin hasn't even finalized the design of any wall. We should be really glad that these fascists are so incompetent.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Mehdi Hasan is making a lot of appearances on CNN.
banderas.png

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matt Viser @mviser

Beto O'Rourke: "Beyond a shadow of a doubt that the president sought to collude with a foreign power against the United States to undermine our democracy. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the president sought to obstruct justice in the investigation into what happened in 2016."

But, he adds, he's not calling on impeachment, saying Trump will be removed at the ballot. "I'm not asking congress to do one thing or another. You're asking if the president committed impeachable offenses. Yes. Period."

4:18 PM - Mar 15, 2019

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the court challenges on the basis of this executive order fail, the challenges based on the land grabbing will be tied up in courts for decades. Short of Congress passing a bill to fund the wall there was never a chance of it getting built

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017

Matt Viser @mviser

Beto O'Rourke: "Beyond a shadow of a doubt that the president sought to collude with a foreign power against the United States to undermine our democracy. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the president sought to obstruct justice in the investigation into what happened in 2016."

But, he adds, he's not calling on impeachment, saying Trump will be removed at the ballot. "I'm not asking congress to do one thing or another. You're asking if the president committed impeachable offenses. Yes. Period."

Typical mealy mouthed Beto.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Pence's endless ass-kissing is sickening.

Matt Viser @mviser

Yikes M8 at least wait for Mueller's report

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The court challenges have already been filed in several states from different points of attack (PR is suing on the basis of emergency funds being diverted for instance) and as far as I know the Trump admin hasn't even finalized the design of any wall. We should be really glad that these fascists are so incompetent.
Okay, so there's pretty much no way he'll be able to campaign on how he's building the thing? Not without lying anyways. We aren't actually going to see new wall being built?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Okay, so there's pretty much no way he'll be able to campaign on how he's building the thing? Not without lying anyways. We aren't actually going to see new wall being built?
He's on multiple occasions claimed that the wall is already being built or is finished, sometimes in the course of the same moment of claiming that the Democrats are standing in the way of the wall being built. There is no reality surrounding any of this nonsense.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Trump lies whether he's campaigning or not, and he's lied plenty already about what's happening with the border.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
He's on multiple occasions claimed that the wall is already being built or is finished, sometimes in the course of the same moment of claiming that the Democrats are standing in the way of the wall being built. There is no reality surrounding any of this nonsense.
True, and that's what I mean. He'll continue to say that he's building it and make "FINISH THE WALL" his big campaign slogan, but nothing will actually be built.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I have never hated anyone more intensely than this motherfucker.
It's refreshing in a way that the whole world can now know Trump the way I've known him my whole life as a black man who grew up in NYC. Seeing the way he was normalized over the years into this media personality made me sick to my stomach but now everyone gets to experience what a piece of shit he is everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.