• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Trump admin continues to amaze me with how deplorable they can get.

I will accept nothing less than jail time for these scumbags.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017

Saw this making the rounds today and thought it was relevant to the conversation.
Also, Beto seems to be all sizzle and no steak.

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I think the constitutionality is pretty sound.

I think there could be a question of the 14th amendment, like how some people in some states get to have their vote counted one way while other people in other states have their vote counted a different way. Like if a Dem wins the popular vote Republican voters in a compact-abiding state where the Republican won could sue that they did not get the same rights as those in non-compact-abiding states.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that Chelsea Clinton -- who literally wanted Ilhan to be more precise with her language (and someone who is a converted Jew) has rhetoric that somehow inspired the mass shooting is... weak.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
The idea that Chelsea Clinton -- who literally wanted Ilhan to be more precise with her language (and someone who is a converted Jew) has rhetoric that somehow inspired the mass shooting is... weak.

Being a Clinton means you just have to be used to being everyones punching bag. Its just her and Hillary's lot in life.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

People really, really hate the Clintons. Left and Right alike. That's what decades of taught hatred does.

It's incredibly out of pocket.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know i'm a bit late to this but Pewdiepie can just rot in hell, the white supremacist-enabling cretin.
2. Should I be embarrassed that I had to look that song up? It's before my time unfortunately. Sk8ter Boi, on the other hand, came out while I was in high school.... and plus someone here was saying Trump was gonna call Beto a "skater boy."
Not really; it's one of Neil's best songs but it doesn't get the play that "Rocking in the Free World" or "Heart of Gold"; even its predecessor, Alabama seems to get more attention, if only for it inspiring "Sweet Home Alabama".

Oct 25, 2017
I also find it weak that they used to the video on twitter to share their venmo and ask for support.

They of course deleted it since they got ratioed for trying to use a tragedy to enrich themselves.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
This maddow show...trump admin tracked individual girls' pregnancies of asylum seekers and detainees, including how far along and whether it was consensual, assault, etc. And whether abortion was requested.
I have yet to read about this, but I'll remind you these are the people who didn't think to track child separations

Oct 25, 2017

Part of me feels like its a bit of a conflict of interest for a candidate in the 2020 election to be signing this kind of legislature even if its something I fundamentally agree with

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Part of me feels like its a bit of a conflict of interest for a candidate in the 2020 election to be signing this kind of legislature even if its something I fundamentally agree with

To be fair to him, it was voted on by the legislature. He could've vetoed it but that seems a bit silly. So it was either sign it, or just ignore it till it's the law, and he might as well sign it, if it's going to be a law anyways. Plus, he probably won't even carry Washington in the primary.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
And yet, people claim it's Hillary fans that can't get over 2016.

I find it hard to believe even a die-hard berniebro would be so ghoulish as to wear his campaign gear to a vigil for a day old massacre just to accost political enemies in a way that seems to accomplish nothing but fostering further division.

But I suppose given what's just happened, an expectation of basic human decency couldn't be more unreasonable. Fuck this guy and everything he represents.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe even a die-hard berniebro would be so ghoulish as to wear his campaign gear to a vigil for a day old massacre just to accost political enemies in a way that seems to accomplish nothing but fostering further division.

But I suppose given what's just happened, an expectation of basic human decency couldn't be more unreasonable. Fuck this guy and everything he represents.
Never even thought about that aspect. Wearing campaign gear to vigil is just beyond weird.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

I dunno, I guess the alternative is to assume either Chelsea lied, or the person reporting it did.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just posting this so people can watch the video, if they want to:

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I dunno, I guess the alternative is to assume either Chelsea lied, or the person reporting it did.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just posting this so people can watch the video, if they want to:

I had no doubt about the reporting, and I didn't mean to imply any hostility to your message. It's just wearying trying to figure out the authentically disturbed Bernie fans from the trolls and bad actors. At least the friend seemed to realize the outburst was an incredibly bad look and tried to take it down.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but Chelsea didn't deserve that. I don't always agree with Hillary Clinton but the shit she and her daughter have to put up with always makes me sympathetic to them.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

I don't. This is what the originals did.

https://www.npr.org/2016/04/09/4733...erdelegate-hit-list-superdelegates-not-amused

But this hasn't stopped Sanders' enthusiastic supporters from taking matters into their own hands. This week, a Sanders fan named Spencer Thayer created the "Superdelegate Hit List," a website to compile and share the contact information of superdelegates, so they can be persuaded. It is not affiliated with the Sanders campaign, but a campaign spokesman didn't respond to multiple requests for comment.

first-tweet_custom-e84ebc6341f92b4935a1ff099013283d8d46f08f-s1100-c15.png

"The superdelegate system is rigged to protect establishment politicians and shut down populism," Thayer said. "Superdelegates, by their very nature, diminish the value of the vote by giving an elite constituency of representatives, party leaders, and even lobbyists extra power. The Superdelegate List exists to help voters challenge this undemocratic system. Contacting our elected representatives and party leaders and holding them to account is an American tradition. This is the only way to keep the voter base from being patronized or ignored."

Superdelegates have been hearing from Sanders supporters for months — and it's not always pleasant. Akilah Ross Ensley is with the Young Democrats of America, and she's a superdelegate who plans to support Clinton. She has to check her professional Facebook page several times a day to deal with all the messages and posts.

Oct 26, 2017
He is amazing. He'll be the only male primary candidate that I am going to donate any money to.

I'll have to brainstorm some ways to get him to be more popular among my social circle.

I'm actually working on a mobile political game. I'd really like to add Mayor Booty as one of the featured candidates to help give him some exposure but my budget is already getting thin as it is and there's just too many Dem candidates. He needs to at least crack 1-2% in the polls for me to justify the expense.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I had no doubt about the reporting, and I didn't mean to imply any hostility to your message. It's just wearying trying to figure out the authentically disturbed Bernie fans from the trolls and bad actors. At least the friend seemed to realize the outburst was an incredibly bad look and tried to take it down.

I know you didn't. I just thought if we're going to talk about it, we should look at the video, and decide for ourselves if the reporting is accurate. It wasn't meant to be a "See, I was right" thing. :)

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yup, Joaquin's the good one so this is a good get.

GOP's going to drop-kick the Trumps so fast if he loses next year. 72 hours after the election is called he'll be un-personed on Fox News. He doesn't have the real money that would be needed to effectively take over the GOP.

The problem is that Trump exposed where the base is, and so when the plutocrat overlords try to move the GOP on into a post-Trump age it's going to be a hard sell. The base isn't going to want to go back to Romneyism and a lack of enthusiasm will tell.

The problem is if Trump loses, he's going to spend the next four years on Twitter keeping the crazies incensed, and I can totally see Donny Jr. bearing a field of Nikki Haley, Tom Cotton, Ben Sasse, and whaever other "reasonable" Republican's run in 2024.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
*reads the thread about Clinton being accosted by the student* wow, that's a lot of....fuck it, it's a lot of anti-semitism. And hatred for Chelsea clinton, which I'm confused by. I guess it's to be expected by people who seem fueled by hatred.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
If Buttigieg wins, the pendulum is going to swing back so hard we'll elect a Silent Generation KKK grand wizard in 2028.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Buttigieg wins, the pendulum is going to swing back so hard we'll elect a Silent Generation KKK grand wizard in 2028.

Nine years from now and the demographic is going to shift a lot because of angry old white people dying and more new citizens and younger voters. I'm not worried so much about a giant swing in 2028 as I am in us making it there.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Nine years from now and the demographic is going to shift a lot because of angry old white people dying and more new citizens and younger voters. I'm not worried so much about a giant swing in 2028 as I am in us making it there.

Angry old whites will still be a force in Florida and the rust belt. The EC gives them a shitload more representation than those morons deserve.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people have been brainwashed to think the Clinton's are evil.

So of course they think a Sanders supporter attacking a pregnant women is a'ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.