US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

My Q: What do you make of the NZ shooter saying President Trump is a symbol of renewed white identity? Kellyanne Conway: “The shooter is an evil, hateful person who is wrong about that.”

My Q: Did the WH think about rescheduling or cancelling Pres Trump’s veto & immigration remarks bc of the NZ shooting? Kellyanne Conway said essentially no and that the president and WH want to assert for the “thousandth time” that there is a crisis at the southern border.

3:00 PM - Mar 15, 2019

Reminder: In a few minutes, officials from DHS will be standing alongside President Trump and families whose loved ones were killed by immigrants making the case that immigrants coming from the southern border are an extreme threat to the US.

DHS Sec Kirstjen Nielsen: In the wake of the attack on the two mosques in New Zealand, I want to express condolences and sympathies for those affected by the attacks, and reassure those in this country that DHS is doing all it can to protect the homeland from violent extremists.

2:19 PM - Mar 15, 2019

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
That and the tweet without the context of the question at least is a Rorschach test at best. Was the question about running against Trump or other Dems in the primary (or something else)?
Unless he's changed his stance since yesterday, he's referring to other Dems. He straight up said yesterday that any currently declared Dem would be better than Trump.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Beto can rip Trump a new asshole without having to stoop to his level of childish playground name calling.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Money is going to be really hard to come by for anyone until the nomination is sealed up

Really that alone is why toppling Bernie/Biden will be really hard to do

plagiarize

Untethered
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm not surprised that Cernovich is going 'I'm just worried about the children in Hollywood' today, but I'm still disappointed. Like anyone believed he thought that A: children were at risk or that B: he'd done anything to prevent Gunn having a career in Hollywood.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised that Cernovich is going 'I'm just worried about the children in Hollywood' today, but I'm still disappointed. Like anyone believed he thought that A: children were at risk or that B: he'd done anything to prevent Gunn having a career in Hollywood.
If Cernovich is actually worried that children are in any sort of danger from James Gunn being reinstated, then he is a fucking idiot. In fact, I'm pretty damn certain he doesn't actually believe that and that he is just being disingenuous to own the libs.

Wait, you pretty much said as much yourself. Oh well.

Aaron

Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't pass, given it only received 245 votes initially (needs 290 to override), but hey, why not. Maybe the Senate vote will give more House Republicans cover to buck the party.

Amidst all the excitement (and a broken arm) I missed that the Democrats introduced the Equality Act and the DREAM Act in the House over the last couple days. Both should pass easily, and I'd hope would be easy first 100 days achievements for the next D president.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Pres Trump in oval office says he spoke with NZ prime minister "to express the sorrow of our entire nation." Trump called the shooting a "horrible, horrible thing." And then, he went on to talking about US border security: "Crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border.”

Trump said: "If we had the proper protections, we wouldn’t have to apprehend them." He called bill intended to revoke declaration "dangerous" and "reckless."

"I will be signing and issuing a veto," Trump said. "People hate the word invasion, but that’s what it is."

Vice President Mike Pence standing near Trump says: "I don’t know that I’ve ever been more proud than to be standing next to you today." He added the "crisis at the border is a crisis all across this nation" & to Trump said "You’re keeping your word by vetoing this legislation."

AG William Barr in Oval says: The emergency order “clearly authorized under the law” and the "humanitarian and security crisis" is "exactly the kind of emergency” upon which action warranted.

3:48 PM - Mar 15, 2019

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how McConnell essentially removed the need for Trump to veto anything just by not holding votes for anything he wouldn’t sign; even if we could get 2/3rds on it

Only didn’t happen this time because he couldn’t stop it

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Pres Trump in oval office says he spoke with NZ prime minister "to express the sorrow of our entire nation." Trump called the shooting a "horrible, horrible thing." And then, he went on to talking about US border security: "Crimes of all kinds coming through our southern border.”

Trump said: "If we had the proper protections, we wouldn’t have to apprehend them." He called bill intended to revoke declaration "dangerous" and "reckless."

"I will be signing and issuing a veto," Trump said. "People hate the word invasion, but that’s what it is."

Vice President Mike Pence standing near Trump says: "I don’t know that I’ve ever been more proud than to be standing next to you today." He added the "crisis at the border is a crisis all across this nation" & to Trump said "You’re keeping your word by vetoing this legislation."

AG William Barr in Oval says: The emergency order “clearly authorized under the law” and the "humanitarian and security crisis" is "exactly the kind of emergency” upon which action warranted.

3:48 PM - Mar 15, 2019
Pence and Barr are hacks and I hope they go to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.